Connally's famous quote

JFK Assassination
Danny Gilbert

Connally's famous quote

Post by Danny Gilbert »

Greetings all...newbie here.

I have a question. In another forum elsewhere someone stated, regarding Connally's exclaimation of "my God they're going to kill us all" was originally reported to be "my God it's a mistake, they're going to kill us all". The poster further stated that shortly thereafer he never saw "it's a mistake" in Connally's quote again.

This is a new one on me and does anyone have any info on it?

Thanks!
Ricky Clow

Post by Ricky Clow »

Hum, sounds interesting. Does anyone think that Connolly had previous knowledge of the assassination? Did anyone notice the "They" in there, usually when you think of an assassination you think of just one shooter? Something is telling me he knew something. And Jackie probably had no previous knowledge of it and she said "My god they blew his head off!" Notice the "They".
Danny Gilbert

Post by Danny Gilbert »

I never put any import on "they" and "they're" as I considered those words that are used commonly.

However the "it's a mistake" is a new one on me and, if true, means Connally had prior knowledge. If that were true, though, why would Connally permit himself and his wife to be put so near Kennedy? Connally could have easily been mortally wounded.

This is why I ask about the alledged "it's a mistake". It doesn't sound logical. I'm wondering if anyone else has heard that story?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Danny,

Please take a look at JFK II. It might give you a little more perspective on Connally.

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/JFK2.htm

Also, take a look at this interview for more perspective on Connally and the Texans...

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/lbjmistress.html
kjell roald

Post by kjell roald »

Ricky Clow wrote:Did anyone notice the "They" in there, usually when you think of an assassination you think of just one shooter?

I´m thinking. They´re saying "they" because they heard shots from behind, *and* shots from the front.