Rethinking John Lennon's Assassination

JFK Assassination
John Bruno

Post by John Bruno »

Why are there so many different causes of death?!
www.imdb.com--Cardiac... something
www.nndb.com-Drug Overdose
Moo Cow-Intestinal blockage

I bet he's still alive and hiding somewhere! Why are there so many suspicious circumstances surrounding his death? Did Elvis fake his death?
Gibson DelGiudice

Post by Gibson DelGiudice »

John Bruno, eh? A likely story.
R Croxford

re

Post by R Croxford »

Elvis is dead people.
Cardiac failure caused by too many uppers and downers and combined with excessive weight. I used to want to believe that he was alive because I am A fan. He died, is dead, gone, Cya, bye bye.
Raul Valdez

Post by Raul Valdez »

Bob wrote:Think about the period from 1968-1972. MLK and RFK are assassinated in 1968. Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison all die suspicious deaths from 1970-71. All three rock legends were big time anti-establishment. George Wallace is almost assassinated in 1972 by Manchurian Candidate Arthur Bremer. Then the madness resumes around 1980 when John Lennon is murdered and in 1981 when Ronald Reagan was almost assassinated. Who benefitted from these murders, suspicious deaths and attempted murders? The answer is obvious to me.

Good point, actually it is terrifying to think that the deaths of the 3 J's would have been a plot by the Government, it sounds too far fetched, but anything is believable these days. Mentioning those 3 it brought to my mind a film about this very subject, I have not saw it, I wonder if it is any good. I found this at Shocking Videos :

DOWN ON US (84) aka Beyond the Doors. Incredibly rare, totally insane paranoid conspiracy epic from Larry Zontar Buchanan is a fictional (?) expose of the CIA plot to "neutralize the three pied pipers of rock music": Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, and Jimi Hendrix! Oliver Stone has nothing on this guy!

If they really wanted to stop the counter culture there were a lot more heros they could have gone after.
Kevin Fisher

Post by Kevin Fisher »

What would be the advantage of getting rid of Lennon when he was past his prime and no longer a voice for youth?
Bob

Post by Bob »

John Lennon was still a force in both political and music circles. No one was more anti-war than Lennon. The new Reagan/Bu$h administration was going to return the U.S. foreign policy to one of aggressiveness with the implementation of the Star Wars defense system, aiding folks like Saddam and Osama, the Iran/Contra affair, etc. Lennon would have been a threat to that type of behavior. Who spoke out earlier and louder than Lennon about Vietnam? No one. Others joined him, like Jim Morrison etc., but he was the leader of the opposition to the war in Vietnam in the entertainment industry. Lennon had also just hit the top of the music charts again in 1980 with his album Double Fantasy. There were strong rumors that the Beatles were going to get back and do some studio work together again. That reunion would have electrified the music world. Also, look at his contemporaries that are STILL playing today. The Stones, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, etc. Men in their 60's still rocking like it's 1968 to full houses. Neil Young is also still very political. His Rocking in the Free World is a classic that is still very relevant today with the second Bu$h administration. Bottom line, Lennon was definitely still a threat to those in power. After all, he was the man who wrote this...

You Say You Want a Revolution
Well, You Know
We all Want to Change the World
You Tell me that its Evolution
Well, You Know
But When you Talk About Destruction
Don’t You Know that you Can Count Me Out
You Know Its Going To Be All Right
All Right All Right
You Say You’ve Got a Real Solution
Well You Know
We’d All Love to See the Plan
You Ask Me For a Contribution
Well You Know
We’re All doing What We Can
But If you Want Money From People With Minds That Hate
All I Can Tell You is Brother You’ll Have To Wait
You Know Its Going To Be All Right
All Right All Right
You Say You’ll Change the Constitution
Well You Know
We All Want to Change the Land
You Tell Me it’s the Institution
Well You Know
You Better Free Your Mind Instead
But If You Go Carrying Pictures of Chairman Mao
You Ain’t Going To Make it With Anyone Anyhow
You Know Its Going To be All Right
All Right All Right All Right All Right
Tim Carroll

Relevant Rockers

Post by Tim Carroll »

Bob wrote:John Lennon was still a force in both political and music circles. No one was more anti-war than Lennon. The new Reagan/Bu$h administration was going to return the U.S. foreign policy to one of aggressiveness with the implementation of the Star Wars defense system, aiding folks like Saddam and Osama, the Iran/Contra affair, etc. Lennon would have been a threat to that type of behavior. Who spoke out earlier and louder than Lennon about Vietnam? No one.... Also, look at his contemporaries that are STILL playing today. The Stones, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, etc. Men in their 60's still rocking like it's 1968 to full houses. Neil Young is also still very political. His Rocking in the Free World is a classic that is still very relevant today with the second Bu$h administration.
It's synchronistic timing to get up and see this posted here. I just posted a blog about Neil Young, including something about "Rocking In The Free World," just a few hours ago, sometime after midnight:

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-sebjzCkl ... =2006&mm=3

Tim
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks for that Tim. That was enjoyable. Speaking of Neil Young, Ohio was one of the all-time great anti-war songs. Young was also with Buffalo Springfield when they released For What It's Worth, another anti-war classic. I wish Neil would re-release Ohio, with a few alterations and re-name it Iraq. Something like this...

Tin soldiers and Bush is coming,
We're finally on our own.
This summer I hear the drumming,
More dead in Iraq.

Gotta get down to it
Soldiers are getting gunned down
Should have been done long ago.
What if you knew him
And found him dead on the ground
How can you run when you know?

Gotta get down to it
Soldiers are getting gunned down
Should have been done long ago.
What if you knew him
And found him dead on the ground
How can you run when you know?

Tin soldiers and Bush is coming,
We're finally on our own.
This summer I hear the drumming,
More dead in Iraq.
Tim Carroll

Rockin' Politics

Post by Tim Carroll »

Bob wrote:I wish Neil would re-release Ohio, with a few alterations and re-name it Iraq.Country Joe and the Fish have done a great job re-working their old LBJ song, Superbird. In that song, there's the catch line: "Gonna send him back to Texas, make him work on his ranch."As I mentioned in my linked article, John Mellencamp has got some serious anti-Bush lyrics in his song, "Texas Bandito." Country Joe lampoons Bush pretty well with a new song, "Cakewalk To Baghdad."Bob wrote:Tin soldiers and Bush is coming....
I believe that change was made precisely as Bob imagined.

Keep On Rockin' In The Free World,
Tim
Raul Valdez

Post by Raul Valdez »

Bob wrote:John Lennon was still a force in both political and music circles. No one was more anti-war than Lennon. The new Reagan/Bu$h administration was going to return the U.S. foreign policy to one of aggressiveness with the implementation of the Star Wars defense system, aiding folks like Saddam and Osama, the Iran/Contra affair, etc. Lennon would have been a threat to that type of behavior. Who spoke out earlier and louder than Lennon about Vietnam? No one. Others joined him, like Jim Morrison etc., but he was the leader of the opposition to the war in Vietnam in the entertainment industry. Lennon had also just hit the top of the music charts again in 1980 with his album Double Fantasy. There were strong rumors that the Beatles were going to get back and do some studio work together again. That reunion would have electrified the music world. Also, look at his contemporaries that are STILL playing today. The Stones, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, etc. Men in their 60's still rocking like it's 1968 to full houses. Neil Young is also still very political. His Rocking in the Free World is a classic that is still very relevant today with the second Bu$h administration. Bottom line, Lennon was definitely still a threat to those in power. After all, he was the man who wrote this...You Say You Want a Revolution Well, You Know We all Want to Change the World You Tell me that its Evolution Well, You Know But When you Talk About Destruction Don’t You Know that you Can Count Me Out You Know Its Going To Be All Right All Right All Right You Say You’ve Got a Real Solution Well You Know We’d All Love to See the Plan You Ask Me For a Contribution Well You Know We’re All doing What We Can But If you Want Money From People With Minds That Hate All I Can Tell You is Brother You’ll Have To Wait You Know Its Going To Be All Right All Right All Right You Say You’ll Change the Constitution Well You Know We All Want to Change the Land You Tell Me it’s the Institution Well You Know You Better Free Your Mind Instead But If You Go Carrying Pictures of Chairman Mao You Ain’t Going To Make it With Anyone Anyhow You Know Its Going To be All Right All Right All Right All Right All Right

Bob this statement is a good answer to Fisher's post, indeed Lennon was not only still a great songwriter, but a symbol of freedom and a strong united Left. You can name a few others in his league, but he was a very intelligent man. The person in this thread who brought up Country Joe as an anti-war figure for example was good, what with his anti-call to arms singing at Woodstock and having millions chanting along "What are we fighting for , don' t ask me I don' t give a damn, next stop is Vietnam "

A lot of the old boys network though hated R-n-R and still do, and that point alone is enough reason to have killed Lennon. Really though I think Lennon's killer Chapman acted alone and was not involved in a group plot of any sort.

Look at the time period in music/politics. If that were the case by 1980 hundreds of much more politically threatening bands were allready in existence with the punk revolt of '76/'77 and Johnny Rotten or Joe Strummer would have been a much more likely candidate for assasination. Even Paul and Linda McCartney were such big fans of his music so much they chased him all over London one day in cab just to speak with him, but had no luck in cathcing up with him.

On another note in early Jan 1978 the SEX PISTOLS had played to a sold out crowd at The Longhorn Ballroom in Texas, and dallas was still a hated town by the U.S. This club was mainly a country western bar till they got there. Can anyone confirm if the Longhorn Ballroom once belonged to Jack Ruby and if so how long ?

Rotten did get attacked by police in Ireland a few months later were he was beat up, jailed, stripped of all his clothes and in front of all the other prisoners they turned a hose on him, he got out a few days later.

Thanks for all the input folks.