Nicoletti's gun

JFK Assassination
Jsnow915

Nicoletti's gun

Post by Jsnow915 »

I never heard Files talk about it...but I'm curious to know....how many guns did he "set up"....and what kind of gun did Nicoletti shoot?
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Re: Nicoletti's gun

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

I'd like to know that as well. I asked if anybody knew. I've heard and watched File's interviews, and I never heard him mention that.
Jsnow915

Post by Jsnow915 »

it must have been a high powered rifle...but I am curious to know why he never spoke about it....or how many guns he set up.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

I'm wondering if Files never mentioned the make and model of Nicoletti's gun because it was relatively unremarkable...you know...like a standard Remington 700 .30-06 or Mauser or something that was just an average hunting rifle.
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

Files said it was a Marlin. He cleaned two guns that night, the Fireball an the Marlin. Wim
Pasquale DiFabrizio

dankbaar wrote:Files said it was a Marlin. He cleaned two guns that night, the Fireball an the Marlin. WimNow I remember! I was pretty sure the name of the gun started with the letter "M," but I kept thinking Mauser. Thanks, Wim!
Brian White

Post by Brian White »

He said it was a Marlin semi-auto, probably a 30-06, Pasquale,but after doing a little research, I think it must have been a Johnsonrifle made by Marlin under license. As far as I can tell, Marlin nevermade a semi-auto bigger than a .22 rimfire. Read my earlier post,"The Guns of Dealey Plaza", which talks about a Johnson rifle beingfound near the scene! It wasn't Nicoletti's, so whose was it? Brian.