Slugs from Tippit

JFK Assassination
Jsnow915

Slugs from Tippit

Post by Jsnow915 »

I know it must have been mentioned before....but....was there ever a match of Oswalds gun and the slugs from Tippit?
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Re: Slugs from Tippit

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

Jsnow915 wrote:I know it must have been mentioned before....but....was there ever a match of Oswalds gun and the slugs from Tippit?I'm not sure! Does anybody know?
AnthonyAthletic

Post by AnthonyAthletic »

Apparantly, the truth (to be taken with a pinch of salt) This is what I was reading before. My bit in non-bold.Multiple bullet shells found near the Tippit murder scene were traced to Oswald's gun (a gun Oswald himself was carrying just 35 minutes after the murder of Officer Tippit). The slugs pulled from Officer Tippit's body were a COMBINATION of "Winchester-Western" bullets and "Remington-Peters" bullets. The spent cartridge cases found at the Tippit murder scene were a COMBINATION of "Winchester-Western" cartridge cases and "Remington-Peters" cartridge cases. The six unfired bullets found in Lee Harvey Oswald's gun (which he was carrying and attempting to use on the arresting police officers when he was apprehended in the theater) were a COMBINATION of "Winchester-Western" bullets and "Remington-Peters" bullets (exactly three of each type). So Oswald's "Six shooter" was loaded with a mix of Winchester's and Remingtons, the spent cartridges were a mixture of the same but the only thing wrong with this is the report which Jim Garrison gave us the facts to in his book 'On the trail of the Assassins'. He states that 3 of the bullets came from a side ejector pistol (due to the markings left on the casings) proven markings as per any side ejector pistol; and one came from a revolver (no ejector markings). Garrison who knows a lot more than me, states 'either Oswald carried 2 guns' or 'we had 2 assassins'. Garrison never got to the crux of this. But made his opinions clear, opinions which were obviously omitted.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

AnthonyAthletic wrote:Apparantly, the truth (to be taken with a pinch of salt) This is what I was reading before. My bit in non-bold.Multiple bullet shells found near the Tippit murder scene were traced to Oswald's gun (a gun Oswald himself was carrying just 35 minutes after the murder of Officer Tippit). The slugs pulled from Officer Tippit's body were a COMBINATION of "Winchester-Western" bullets and "Remington-Peters" bullets. The spent cartridge cases found at the Tippit murder scene were a COMBINATION of "Winchester-Western" cartridge cases and "Remington-Peters" cartridge cases. The six unfired bullets found in Lee Harvey Oswald's gun (which he was carrying and attempting to use on the arresting police officers when he was apprehended in the theater) were a COMBINATION of "Winchester-Western" bullets and "Remington-Peters" bullets (exactly three of each type). So Oswald's "Six shooter" was loaded with a mix of Winchester's and Remingtons, the spent cartridges were a mixture of the same but the only thing wrong with this is the report which Jim Garrison gave us the facts to in his book 'On the trail of the Assassins'. He states that 3 of the bullets came from a side ejector pistol (due to the markings left on the casings) proven markings as per any side ejector pistol; and one came from a revolver (no ejector markings). Garrison who knows a lot more than me, states 'either Oswald carried 2 guns' or 'we had 2 assassins'. Garrison never got to the crux of this. But made his opinions clear, opinions which were obviously omitted.One of the first things that jumps out about the bullets is the mix of bullet brands. Usually when someone has ammunition, even if they have boxes of different brands of ammo, they usually load their guns with bullets from the SAME box of ammo.I also heard the references to semi-auto shells too. One of the witnesses that I know of, Aquilla Clemmons, said that she saw two men and that they ran off in different directions. Besides the ejection marks, bullets for a semi-auto pistol are shaped different than revolver bullets, so, regardless of the ejection marks, you can look at a shell casing and determine right away if they are for a revolver or auto.