David Atlee Phillips at LHO's press conference?

JFK Assassination
Dealey Joe

Re: David Atlee Phillips at LHO's press conference?

Post by Dealey Joe »

also a dud might account for the bullet dropping from a head shot to a lower minor wound in the back
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

Dealey Joe wrote:don't you think LHO knew what was supposed to be coming down in the plaza that day?He had to think he was part of it.Maybe he fired a warning shot?If Files can wash off gunpowder so could LHO.I really think the CIA standdown changed things that day.I really think LHO was aware of the standdown and thought it was not going to happen?I think the shooters would have all been Chicago Mafia. ie. Nicoletti/Files ectThe CIA boys thought it was all called off and since they were already called inwas there as spectators.All good thoughts of you, Joe. It's interesting to know that Ruby was in Chicago short before the assassination.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Interesting discussion folks, but getting back to the true essence of the thread, look at this compilation put together by Mr. Zajac...From left to right, you have the drawing of "Maurice Bishop", who is known to be David Phillips. In the center, you have the man who looks like Phillips at the LHO midnight press conference. On the right you see Phillips near CIA headquarters.Look at the photos only now. Note the similarities in the eyebrows, the dark spots under the eyes, the mouth, the chin and other parts of the face.
neab

Post by neab »

How did this thread get this much interest?Granted there is a small resemblance between the main in the photo and david atlee phillips, but not much of one. And 2- Do you really think organiser's of this would be this close? Right in the police station, right near oswald? These guy's are much more apt to set people out to find out whats going on and be sitting back in their chairs then go and do the dirty work themselves.This is not discredit to the original poster who obviously saw some resemblance between DAP and the guy , but I would lay very nice odds to anyone who would bet on David atlee Phillips being at the press conference.
Bob

Post by Bob »

neab wrote:How did this thread get this much interest?Granted there is a small resemblance between the main in the photo and david atlee phillips, but not much of one. And 2- Do you really think organiser's of this would be this close? Right in the police station, right near oswald? These guy's are much more apt to set people out to find out whats going on and be sitting back in their chairs then go and do the dirty work themselves.This is not discredit to the original poster who obviously saw some resemblance between DAP and the guy , but I would lay very nice odds to anyone who would bet on David atlee Phillips being at the press conference.I appreciate your opinion Neab, but obviously I disagree. Let's see what the experts say. Wim agrees with you, that it isn't Phillips. Jack White says he sees a strong resemblance, but he couldn't imagine that Phillips would put himself in that situation. This is what Jim DiEugenio said..."Thanks for the photo. There is no denying it looks like Phillips. And he said he was in Dallas that day. I guess the thing to do in a case like this is to find others in the picture and ask who the guy is. Sure is intriguing." By the way, I am trying to do exactly what Jim suggested. Here's what Robert Groden said..."There is a remarkable likeness especially the area of the eyebrows and the nose. It is very hard to tell for sure, but the possibility is certainly there." Groden is a photo expert. Wayne Madsen definitely thinks it's Phillips. Madsen was in the NSA and in Naval Intelligence as well. Russ Baker sees a definite resemblance as well. Plus, we have maybe the best expert in the world on David Phillips right in our own forum...Randy Bednorz. Here is Randy's comment, "That photo of Oswald that seems to display a likeness of Phillips is stunning. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But it sure looks like the Dave Phillips of 1963." Randy has helped me understand the personality of Phillips. To me, Phillips has more or less confessed in some of his later books about his role in the JFK assassination, especially the way Randy lays it out. This is my post in another thread based on Randy's revelations about Phillips and his personality...If Phillips is indeed a narcissist and he felt the propaganda that was being floated around about Oswald (his operative) was in jeopardy, he wanted to be there to make sure there were no mistakes, plus he had to feel giddy about what had transpired earlier that day and his ego had to be out of control. Agent Hosty of the FBI was there and he knew Oswald. Jack Ruby was there and he knew Oswald and even corrected a reporter. Ruby may have been there to take care of Oswald if Lee had blown his cover to the press. Also know that Oswald was supposed to have been killed already too. Remember there are no notes or tapes (allegedly) of the interrogation of Oswald. We know Hosty was there for some of the interrogation. Was Phillips as well? I'm sure Phillips had a cover story ready in case for anyone who questioned why he was there and knew he was CIA. Being from Fort Worth, I'm sure he knew people in the local press and they knew who he was. But also know that the MSM was an ally to the conspirators.Bottom line, on 11/22/1963, the world was not a 24/7 news cycle like it is now on TV because of cable. Just think about it. The MSM was floating stories about Oswald being a defector to the Soviet Union shortly after his arrest. We know agent James Hosty of the FBI was at police headquarters. Hosty knew Oswald well. Jack Ruby was at the press conference, and acted like a reporter, even though the police and the press knew he wasn't...and he also knew Oswald well. Why would it cause such a big alarm if the CIA had someone (Phillips) there as well, especially based on the Soviet Union rumors. Phillips was Oswald's controller, although very few knew it then. Phillips had expected Oswald to have been already killed. Phillips also knew many in the local press, as he was from Fort Worth, but as I said earlier, the MSM was an ally of the conspirators...STILL are as a matter of fact. LHO was cool as a cucumber, and maybe the fact that Phillips and Hosty were there made him feel a bit at ease. Oswald was a CIA operative that reported to Phillips and was also a FBI informant, and had disclosed facts to Hosty. Maybe Oswald felt that things would get worked out behind the scenes with the authorities because of his undercover work. However, Oswald must have also known that he was being set up...as in, "I'm just a patsy." Hosty was concerned because Oswald had warned him and the FBI about the assassination. I think Phillips was concerned that since Oswald lived, instead of being killed, at least on Friday night, that perhaps Oswald might profess his REAL persona to the press or his attorney that he never did get. Look how intently Phillips is looking at Oswald in this photo...I know there are those who doubt this, and I understand why, but I have also have the positive opinions of those who are very credible experts regarding this, and that is why I continue this quest.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Continue this quest Bob. I think it's Phillips as well.More on Hosty: http://cdo.co.uk/jfk/wiki/index.php?title=James_Hosty
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

Gary Mack states that the person on the photo of Oswald's press conference would be journalist John Ruthledge. Here is a photo of him, probably from the 40s: Source: http://www.knifeworld.com/knscyeto.htmlThere is a big resemblance between David Atlee Phillips and the questioned man at Oswald's press conference and all of Bob's arguments are plausible. But as far as I can see, John Ruthledge has a ditch at the root of his nose between his eyebrows, David Atlee Phillips hasn't got this ditch, he has a smooth nose root. And the only one thing about identifying by photo, which is not bribable, is the skull form. It does not change by time or accidental shadows. So most probable the questioned man on Oswald's press conference is not David Atlee Phillips. Nevertheless I believe Randy Bednorz and others, that David Atlee Phillips WAS the mastermind behind the jfk-assassination.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Chris, you make a good case. There is definitely a resemblance between the man in the photo and John Rutledge. However, we need a photo of Rutledge circa 1963 to really continue this debate. Surely Mack can provide a photo. I called the Dallas Morning News where Rutledge was a reporter, and they want money for any file photos of past employees. I guess I could do that, but I'm sure there is a photo of Rutledge in that time period around somewhere. And since Mack is making the claim that it's Rutledge, let's see if he can provide a photo of Rutledge in that time period. I would place my money on the other experts I have mentioned earlier who think it could definitely be Phillips, as opposed to Mack and all the lies we have caught him in the last 10 years or so. Otherwise, the quest continues.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Bob, apparently John Rutledge has a son named Daniel who did a review of the Decker book by Jim Gatewood on Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A3 ... _cr_dp_pdp
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Go to the JFK II video, 5 1/2 min into it there is a shot of some reporters.The guy in the center looks a lot like the reporter in the Oswald news conference or Phillips.it is not a great picture, What do you think?