Neil Young (Living With War)

JFK Assassination
Bob

Neil Young (Living With War)

Post by Bob »

Neil Young's new album "Living With War" was released yesterday. It has an anti-war and anti-Bu$h theme. One of the cuts is "Let's Impeach the President". Neil was instrumental (no pun intended) in the surge of anti-war sentiment in the Vietnam era with songs like "Ohio". He's back at again. Thank God. Here is the link to listen to the album. Pass it around.

http://www.hyfntrak.com/neilyoung2/AFF23252/
Dawn Meredith

Re: Neil Young (Living With War)

Post by Dawn Meredith »

Bob:

THANK YOU for posting this. I am on my second listen. It is so inspirational. It's making me feel patriotic actually. We the critics of the horrendous Bush policy have a right to be critical. In fact a duty.

This cd is a must have. Kudos to Neil for posting it in full online.

As a forumer Canadian all I can say is "Yea Neil"!!!

Dawn
Bob

Post by Bob »

My pleasure Dawn. I agree with EVERTHING you said. I've sent this to several people already and the response is the same...AWESOME. Neil Young is my favorite living musician. My other two favorites have passed on due to suspicious circumstances. They would be John Lennon and Jim Morrison. I also hear that Neil will be touring with Crosby, Stills & Nash this summer. I will definitely catch that show when it's in town.
Terry Mauro

Re: Neil Young (Living With War)

Post by Terry Mauro »

Dawn Meredith wrote:Bob:THANK YOU for posting this. I am on my second listen. It is so inspirational. It's making me feel patriotic actually. We the critics of the horrendous Bush policy have a right to be critical. In fact a duty.This cd is a must have. Kudos to Neil for posting it in full online.As a forumer Canadian all I can say is "Yea Neil"!!!Dawn

Thanks for telling me to check it out over here, Dawn. And thank you, Wim and Bob, for making it possible for us to hear it. Below is what I consider to be CSN&Y's most compelling, albeit concise, choice of words reflecting that dishonorable period of American history, know as the Vietnam War. It's more than apropo for what is going on it Iraq now, as well.

Find the cost of freedom.It's buried in the ground.Mother Earth will swallow you.Lay your body down.
Dawn Meredith

Post by Dawn Meredith »

Wow, just think, the entire world is listening to this record now. Music has such power. These songs are like a 60's flashback. "Living with War" is my favorite. This is one that can just be replayed for hours. The cd comes out Tues here. WIll be sure to get it for the car.

Bob, Lennon was my fav too. The night he was killed was the worst night of my life. I cried for a year.

Dawn
Bob

Post by Bob »

Dawn, true story about the night John died. I was out with my girlfriend that night. At one point in the evening I noticed my pocket watch (which she had given to me as a gift) had stopped. I was going to have the watch repaired the next day. Anyway, after I dropped her off at her house that evening after our date, I noticed the radio was playing Beatles music. Then I heard the announcement about John. I was floored. I stayed up all night listening to reports about the shooting. I was devastated. He was the voice of peace. I LOVED his music. By the way, people say I can do a very good impersonation of John Lennon. No doubt, because he was my idol. Same with Neil Young and Jim Morrison. Anyway, the morning after Lennon's murder, the paper said John was shot and killed at 10:50 pm eastern time. I got chills. My pocket watch had stopped at 9:50 central time. The same moment John left us. I never got that watch fixed.
Pennyworth

Post by Pennyworth »

Real cool and meaningful and insightful posts Bob and Dawn ...We The People ..We ARE the People of the United States ..the TIME to act is NOW...because tommorrow is promised to no one....Neil Young next to Dylan is also my favorite ...
Bob

Post by Bob »

The Neil Young CD "Living With War" is selling very well. It's currently number 3 at Amazon.com. Keep passing it around to friends and family. Our voices WILL be heard. Remember, if Bu$h is forced out of office, than all hell will break loose on the entire Bu$h family legacy. That includes the Bu$h involvement in the JFK assassination and other acts of treason that go back to Samuel Bu$h.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp ... 1002502550
Dawn Meredith

Post by Dawn Meredith »

What good news, when there is so little of it to be had. I am just so proud of fellow Canadian Neil YOung. This album may cause a true anti war sentiment to take hold. FINALLY.

And go Bruce and Dixies!!

Dawn
Bob

Post by Bob »

Speaking of Neil, here is a nice tribute on his site to those who have given their lives in the name of liberty. Including those who needlessly (but bravely) gave their lives in the LIE that is called the war in Iraq. Bu$h (AWOL-National Guard) and Cheney (5 deferments to avoid Vietnam) were both too gutless to fight for their country when they had their chance, but they had no issues sending others off to war to suit their interests ($$$), all built on a GIANT lie.

http://www.neilyoung.com/index_mem_pc_high.html