Penn Jones Jr.

JFK Assassination
Dealey Joe

Penn Jones Jr.

Post by Dealey Joe »

I was in Midlothian Texas a couple weeks ago and went to the Midlothian Library to check out a couple things.I guess I had heard of Mr. Jones but really knew nothing about him.I was looking through the microfilms of the Midlothian Mirror and noticed the Penn Jones Jr. was the Editorof the Mirror.He had on his editorial page a list of Assassination conspiracy books for sale.I wondered what his position was on the assassination so I went back to the issue of November 27 (a weekly paper)and started. he was just reporting the events of last Friday the 22nd.As the papers progressed I could see him quickly becoming a proponent of conspiracy and very outspoken in his newspaper editorials.So I would say he was a pioneer. I also asked Robert Groden about him and he said that he and Penn were very close friends and partners over the years untill Penn's death in the 90's.The Library needs a Microfilm reader with a printer donated. Does anyone know where one might be available?
kenmurray

Re: Penn Jones Jr.

Post by kenmurray »

Your right Joe. Penn Jones was a pioneer and a good one. His disappearing witnesses work was one of his many fine works:http://www.maebrussell.com/Disappearing ... esses.html
SeamusCoogan

Post by SeamusCoogan »

Dealey Joe wrote:I was in Midlothian Texas a couple weeks ago and went to the Midlothian Library to check out a couple things.I guess I had heard of Mr. Jones but really knew nothing about him.I was looking through the microfilms of the Midlothian Mirror and noticed the Penn Jones Jr. was the Editorof the Mirror.He had on his editorial page a list of Assassination conspiracy books for sale.I wondered what his position was on the assassination so I went back to the issue of November 27 (a weekly paper)and started. he was just reporting the events of last Friday the 22nd.As the papers progressed I could see him quickly becoming a proponent of conspiracy and very outspoken in his newspaper editorials.So I would say he was a pioneer. I also asked Robert Groden about him and he said that he and Penn were very close friends and partners over the years untill Penn's death in the 90's.The Library needs a Microfilm reader with a printer donated. Does anyone know where one might be available?Great Call from Kenny. Yeah, it was Penn Jones who made bootlegged copies of the Zapruder film we have today. I think Groden got his copy from Jones. Not to sure how this came about Joe but it was Jim Garrison who got hold of it from Time Life, then onto Penn.Who was quite proud of his Welsh ancestory.A book that pays special mention to Jones is John Kelins "Praise for a future generation" Joe its a great book and details the works of the first generation of researchers whom Bob Groden misses out on by a Whisker lol. But he'll be in for the second lol. No, its a great book and details Jones and the early generations work. He was a tough little SOB built like a keg lol and went to great lengths to coordinate with other people. So yeah man definitely get that book Joe its well worth it.
kenmurray

Harold Weisberg

Post by kenmurray »

Another great pioneer:http://jfk.hood.edu/
Phil Dragoo

Harold Weisbrg

Post by Phil Dragoo »

To Phil Dragoo-- Thank you for your order for our books. We hope you will find them both interesting and informative. You will undoubtedly find a different conception of what has happened in both assassinations from what is usually found in books on either.Sincerely Lillian WeisbergA hand-penned note attached to the receipt for my 1997 order for seven of Harold Weisberg's books including one of my favorites Case Open: The Omissions, Distortions and Falsifications of Case Closed.I find Posner claiming to have read the ten million words of the twenty-three volumes and indexed them as well to be as credible as to claim I am Superman from the planet Krypton able to leap to the Hertz sign on the Depository in a single bound.Mr. Weisberg notes that "Posner and his wife Trisha were here." That they were given access to the sixty file cabinets of hundreds of thousands of pages of FOIA documents acquired "only after years of the most difficult and costly lawsuits"--yet "makes no reference to his getting free access to those records"--Posner's a pig. Demeans Weisberg. Demeans Sylvia Meagher and her index; claims to have read those ten million words and indexed them and done 200 interviews and so much more in such a brief time.Well, plagiarist has been added to Posner's other achievements.May we add "pr flack for CIA" vis-a-vis its inhuman abuse of Yuri Nosenko for so threatening its fiction that Oswald was a Soviet agent, one of its many plausible denials to avoid admitting to its running the JFK assassination through all the venues with which we are familiar--and indeed, James Files is quite familiar with David Atlee Phillips.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Phil, is Harold Weisberg's wife still alive?