Seamus Coogan on John Hankey

JFK Assassination
katisha

Re: Seamus Coogan on John Hankey

Post by katisha »

ThomZajac wrote:I'm with Michael on this one. Why the lack of civility?Disagreement is fine. But personal attacks make us all look ridiculous. In the very recent past, Bruce, Wim, and Seamus have intentionally insulted those with whom they disagreed. Some may call that passion, but it's clearly misplaced ego and lack of manners.I would like to think we can be better than this.ThomI know what you mean, Thom, and I agree it would be better if people were never rude to each other, but then wouldn't the whole world be better if that were the case? Never gunna happen I still say that signing on to a forum in order to attack one of the members in your VERY FIRST POST is a far worse case of misplaced ego and lack of manners than long-term members, who've been arguing fruitlessly against each others' points-of-view for months, losing their rag with other long-term members who WON'T agree with them, the stubborn gits
Phil Dragoo

Hankey Pankey Exposed

Post by Phil Dragoo »

SeamusI've read your 21,000-word review of John Hankey and find it credible and compelling.I've come to expect that kind of thorough consideration and research from Jim DiEugenio, Lisa Pease, and James Douglass.We've had now nine parts to Jim DiEugenio's serial deconstruction of Vincent Bugliosi--and it's needed.We see those who raise their fluttering hands and rolling eyes to heaven rapturously proclaiming that Gerald Posner, or Vincent Bugliosi, or Larry Dunkel has molded their mind like Silly Putty--not useful for understanding the coup d'etat which derailed foreign policy and still haunts the nation's character.I do not find your treatment of John Hankey unfair--Hankey traffics in, not merely baseless speculation, but in wildly unsupported assertion.He rides the obsessive hobby horse so popular these days, that of Bush ex Machina: when good might triumph, the stage hands lower a Bush by a wire who is clearly evil from the dark and wild face painting and the thunder sound effects created by manipulating large pieces of sheet metal with tire chains and hammers.Not only does Hankey have no idea of the role played by Bush--any Bush--but he doesn't understand Dulles. He doesn't understand Hoover. He doesn't understand Nixon. He doesn't understand Hunt.His math is quite on a par with Professor Dunkel who helpfully defended Robert Oswald in the latter's claim that brother Lee was "watching reruns of I Led Three Lives when I went off to the Marines"--even though Robert went off in 1952, and the series premiered in 1953. In just such a nonlinear mathematical way, John Hankey is able to labor forty years and ten on a particularly nice detail of the assassination of the 35th President of the United States. Yes, Seamus, I read your review and found it reasoned and reasonable, quite the diametric departure from its subject.Constructive clarity advancing the case for conspiracy.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

I have always wanted to live in a world where everyone took my word for everything without dissagreement or dissent. But that is not healthy. Gold and precious metals are always purrified by a refiners fire.Seamus has never been bashful about applying the fire here on this forum and usually gets "The Treatment" for it.and I think he enjoys a little argument.My guess is that Mr, Hankey will walk away from this a better man.Possibly next time he composes an article or documentary he will pay closer attention to details.Maybe this will reveal the real Mr. Hankey.Jim D., Lisa and Seamus thinks there is something there.Oceanic said his last appearance on his show was a little lacking?They are probably getting hate mail too.Seamus might have been a little tough on him, but hell, life is tough.when you step out into the light you should expect to get shot at.I guess in the end the only thing we agree upon is to dissagree.I value everyone on this forum, even Andries, he wont agree with me all the time either He still thinks ED saw somthing Enough said!
Michael Dell

Post by Michael Dell »

Dealey Joe wrote:Seamus might have been a little tough on him, but hell, life is tough.when you step out into the light you should expect to get shot at.With all due respect, then shouldn't Mr. Coogan be willing to accept the same treatment?And, Katisha, would you have preferred I waited until I found reason to toss bouquets Mr. Coogan's way before joining the forum? I've been visiting for months, but I never joined because I felt no need to interact. I simply used it as an educational resource. Mr. Coogan's review was being discussed and opinions requested. I obviously have a strong opinion on his review, so I expressed it. Forgive me for not bowing before I did so. In the end, Mr. Coogan was kind enough to join the thread and address my concerns. I'm thankful for his time, and I hope our exchange will benefit us both going forward. And I look forward to reading Mr. Hankey's response to the review, now that he actually knows it exists. I've said my piece. I thank you all for the opportunity. Namaste.
SeamusCoogan

Post by SeamusCoogan »

Good night Vienna.
Bob

Post by Bob »

This night in Vienna is over gentlemen. Let's move on please. Nothing to see here...Nothing to see here...
Bob

Post by Bob »

In terms of Seamus' essay, it's obvious that he put in several hours of work and research in his story. Some may disagree with some of the content of the story or Seamus' overall approach to John Hankey, but the maximum effort was truly there. Being a writer myself, I know there will never be the perfect story, at least in the minds of the readers. It goes with the territory. For every couple of pats on the back, there will be a kick in the ass sometimes. People read what they want to read. Just like people listen to what they want to hear. As a writer, I try to remember that. Bottom line, Seamus deserves props for putting it all out there with all of his hours of hard work.
andries

Post by andries »

Dealey Joe wrote:I have always wanted to live in a world where everyone took my word for everything without dissagreement or dissent. But that is not healthy. Gold and precious metals are always purrified by a refiners fire.Seamus has never been bashful about applying the fire here on this forum and usually gets "The Treatment" for it.and I think he enjoys a little argument.My guess is that Mr, Hankey will walk away from this a better man.Possibly next time he composes an article or documentary he will pay closer attention to details.Maybe this will reveal the real Mr. Hankey.Jim D., Lisa and Seamus thinks there is something there.Oceanic said his last appearance on his show was a little lacking?They are probably getting hate mail too.Seamus might have been a little tough on him, but hell, life is tough.when you step out into the light you should expect to get shot at.I guess in the end the only thing we agree upon is to dissagree.I value everyone on this forum, even Andries, he wont agree with me all the time either He still thinks ED saw somthing Enough said!I value everyone on this forum, even Andries, he wont agree with me all the time either He still thinks ED saw somthing Thanks Joe, i am honnored than an American investigator,(and you have become one ) can,t disproof what i believe is fact or fiction although he sometimes likes to do so
SeamusCoogan

Thanks Bob and Co.

Post by SeamusCoogan »

Well the Hankey piece going up as it did caught me unawares. It was a strange couple of days. I regret not being able to talk with you all a little more about why I did or said certain things or any questions you lot may have had. But I thank you all for your support. Ken yeah we should start that discussion on Northwoods but I'm just gonna be to busy this year. To really indulge. Hankey of course does deserve his say and I am sure he will reply. Sadly, my work load is just too high so I might pop in and take a peak sometime and comment on other things but my reply to Mr Hankey will likely be very long in coming. Fear not it will arrive.Thus I'm gonna be more than cool with taking a back seat and enjoying the fantastic moderation of the forum (thats all of you other guys Bob gets to much credit lol), the ideas and those little nuggets you guys come out with. Thus I look forward too to what our sleuths are gonna cook up this year. Trust me guys the smells from the kitchen are mighty tempting. Furthermore, I'm always there to lend a hand or be grumpy about some idea so you know where I'll be. I was tempted to get off of the entire forum indeed all of the ones I post on. Sheesh, but no way I couldn't do that here. So best of luck for the year. If anybody new here wants to contact me for anything outside of solved for anything urgent Bob, Ken, Joe, Phil, Pasquale, Kat and Thom (I think you do mate) have my details. I'm never to busy to lend a hand and I'll also be in touch with Ken, and Bob on CTKA related stuff and with Katisha, Dragoo and Joe on other projects on a fairly regular basis. So I'm around.
kenmurray

Re: Thanks Bob and Co.

Post by kenmurray »

SeamusCoogan wrote:Well the Hankey piece going up as it did caught me unawares. It was a strange couple of days. I regret not being able to talk with you all a little more about why I did or said certain things or any questions you lot may have had. But I thank you all for your support. Ken yeah we should start that discussion on Northwoods but I'm just gonna be to busy this year. To really indulge. Hankey of course does deserve his say and I am sure he will reply. Sadly, my work load is just too high so I might pop in and take a peak sometime and comment on other things but my reply to Mr Hankey will likely be very long in coming. Fear not it will arrive.Thus I'm gonna be more than cool with taking a back seat and enjoying the fantastic moderation of the forum (thats all of you other guys Bob gets to much credit lol), the ideas and those little nuggets you guys come out with. Thus I look forward too to what our sleuths are gonna cook up this year. Trust me guys the smells from the kitchen are mighty tempting. Furthermore, I'm always there to lend a hand or be grumpy about some idea so you know where I'll be. I was tempted to get off of the entire forum indeed all of the ones I post on. Sheesh, but no way I couldn't do that here. So best of luck for the year. If anybody new here wants to contact me for anything outside of solved for anything urgent Bob, Ken, Joe, Phil, Pasquale, Kat and Thom (I think you do mate) have my details. I'm never to busy to lend a hand and I'll also be in touch with Ken, and Bob on CTKA related stuff and with Katisha, Dragoo and Joe on other projects on a fairly regular basis. So I'm around.That's right Seamus. You better be around my friend