JFK Assassination
Frenchy

What about these men then

Post by Frenchy »

Are these the same man?
kenmurray

Re: What about these men then

Post by kenmurray »

I think they are Frenchy. All 4 of them of Braden.
Bob

Post by Bob »

kenmurray wrote:I think they are Frenchy. All 4 of them of Braden.Braden or Brading...take your pick. Jim went by both names.
Phil Dragoo

Who Dat

Post by Phil Dragoo »

Michael Benson Who's Who in the JFK Assassination page 51 BRADEN, JIM (See BRADING, EUGENE HALE).BRADING, EUGENE HALE (aka Braden, Jim) a.w.; "suspicious behavior." following the assassination, a man named Jim Braden was arrested and taken in for interrogation because he had been in the Dal-Tex Building, overlooking Dealey Plaza, without a good excuse. Braden told the police that he was in Dallas on oil business and had gone into the building to make a phone call. He was released. Although Braden claimed that he had not entered the building until after the shooting, eyewitnesses place him inside the building when the shots were fired. Braden visited the offices of Texas oil billionaire Lamar Hunt the day before the assassination (as would be appropriate if he were on "oil business"). Ruby visited Hunt's offices at the same time.That night Braden stayed at the Cabana Motel in Dallas. Ruby visited there, too, around midnight. According to author Peter Noyes (Legacy of Doubt, 1973), Braden had an office in New Orleans at the time in Room 1701 of the Pere Marquette Building. At the time assassination suspect David Ferrie was working for organized crime boss Carlos Marcello's attorney G. Wray Gill on the same floor, in room 1707. It was later discovered that Jim Braden was actually Eugene Hale Brading, an ex-convict suspected of having ties with organized crime in Southern California. He had a new driver's license made for him, in the name of Jim Braden, on September 9, 1963. On parole at the time JFK was shot, Brading's rap sheet showed 35 arrests. He had previously been convicted of burglary, bookmaking, and embezzlement. Some of Brading's arrest records later disappeared from the National Archives. Brading didn't testify at the 1967 Clay Shaw trial because his extradition was refused by later U.S. Attorney General Edwin Meese III.Brading was a charter member of Moe Dalitz's La Costa Country Club, which was Teamster-financed, and once lived in a Palm Springs mansion that had been owned by Bing Crosby. In 1968, the Los Angeles Police Department interviewed Brading about his presence in Los Angeles, far from his home, on the night of Robert Kennedy's murder. (See also Aase, Jean; Bauman, Roger; Brown, Morgan; Dalitz, Moe; Dolan, James; Hunt, H.L.; Lewis, Clint; Meyers, Lawrence; Powell, James) Sources: WCE 2003~HT 121, 185, 305, 319~COA 45-7, 50, 168, 229, 259, 263, 267, 284, 329~OTT 205-6, 286~LCF 337-40~SUMMERS 452-2~BLAKELY 306, 395-7~EVICA 164-6~OGLESBY 50~KANTOR 32-7, 111~DAVIS 208, 212, 583~NORTH 192, 308-10, 372, 390, 516
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Phil. I have always thought that Braden knew what was going down on both JFK and RFK. What role he did have is a mystery I guess.
Phil Dragoo

Braden re RFK

Post by Phil Dragoo »

Ken, I will check my Shane O'Sullivan (and Turner/Christian, Klaber/Melanson) and we can fire an orange flare for Michael Calder, and all of us revisit the record--was Braden part of the 68 Ambassador illusion.It could be another project for the Cold Case squad of murdersolved.And timely, as well.
Bob

Re: Braden re RFK

Post by Bob »

Phil Dragoo wrote:Ken, I will check my Shane O'Sullivan (and Turner/Christian, Klaber/Melanson) and we can fire an orange flare for Michael Calder, and all of us revisit the record--was Braden part of the 68 Ambassador illusion.It could be another project for the Cold Case squad of murdersolved.And timely, as well.Let's do it!