Builder & part owner of The Texas Theater

JFK Assassination
Mark68

Builder & part owner of The Texas Theater

Post by Mark68 »

Is everyone here aware that none other than Howard Hughes himself was the builder & part-owner of The Texas Theater in which everyone knows Oswald was arrested in. Hmmm coud the theater have been previously used numerous times by the intelligence world? I'm betting an unequivocable YES!
Dealey Joe

Re: Builder & part owner of The Texas Theater

Post by Dealey Joe »

I also heard the name "Ross Perot" used somewhere in the theaters history.A small group tried to rent or purchase the theater for the November events in Dallas during the JFK Anniversary but ran into a dead end. I was told that the theater was in the process of being turned over to a new group.At first I thought maybe it was just a ploy to keep us out but here is an article that seems to bear out what I was told.It will be interesting to see how this turns out.I know there have been a few million put into the restoration of the facility. Government Grants no doubt.Had someone shown interest before 2001 the theater would have been a gift i'm sure.http://oakcliffblog.dallasnews.com/arch ... oak-c.html
Wayne Stracener

Post by Wayne Stracener »

For those who do not know, Howard Hughes watched the motorcade from his balcony over looking main street.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Interesting history there fellas. Never knew that before about Howard Hughes, or at least I can't recall it.
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

Mark68 wrote:Is everyone here aware that none other than Howard Hughes himself was the builder & part-owner of The Texas Theater in which everyone knows Oswald was arrested in. ...Wow, that tells it all!
Wayne Stracener

Post by Wayne Stracener »