The German Mauser & British Enfield

JFK Assassination
Davyjones

Re: The German Mauser & British Enfield

Post by Davyjones »

I have shot a Lee Enfield 303......It goes BANG.
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

or rather BANG
Jerry Craig

Post by Jerry Craig »

my dad owned one he used for hunting i shot it one time and never again it was loud and had a heck of a kick LOL
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

The Mauser is a confusing history and most likely the best design in a riffle action. Used and copied by every gun manufacturer.Made over the years in about every caliber imaginable.The 93 Mauser also known as the 7MM was used by the Spanish in Cuba.Seems the Ottoman were the first to use the 7.65 Mauser cartridge.The Swedish Mauser was made in the 6.5 cartridge.From my knowledge the 98 FN Mauser was the most popular receiver used by sport hunters and gun enthusiast, re barreled in a variety of calibersThe 03 Springfield was one of the great military rifles originally 30-03 then 30-06, Using the Mauser action design.Most modern ammunition is a derivative of the 30-06 casing.The 7.65 Mauser found in Dallas was probably an Argentine Mauser.In short Mauser Actions, the most reliable and smoothest operating, were used in many different riffles around the world.If you have shot very many riffles you have no doubt shot a Mauser design gun.The Mannlicher Carcano 6.5 was a cheap Italian Riffle used in two wars.They are noted for their sloppy bolt action. Some gun buffs will tell you that it is the fastest action because of being loose. Assuming a tighter fitting action would be slower to load?
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

The Mannlicher Carcano 6.5 was a cheap Italian Riffle used in two wars.They are noted for their sloppy bolt action. Some gun buffs will tell you that it is the fastest action because of being loose. Assuming a tighter fitting action would be slower to load?This is good info Joe - thanks.My thoughts are that a sloppy bolt action would be liable to jamming, especially in the hands of someone inexperienced. Possibly why the MC didn't do the Itaian army much good in two world wars and they didn't want them back afterwards. Overpriced at $5 a piece it appears.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Here is a little more informationhttp://www.roger-craig.com/mauserorcarcano.html
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

Cant be any argument about it....A Mauser was found not a Carcarno. How anybody can argue with this eye witness testimony from Craig can only be called unacceptable,obstructive and deceitfull. Shame on the WC and those that continue the lies. Get a life LNutters and start to look at the evidence.