Oswald's Day

JFK Assassination
Dealey Joe

Re: Oswald's Day

Post by Dealey Joe »

My .02Craig is not lying or mistaken about a Mauser.Seymore Wiseman who knew firearms very well said and swore it was a Mauser.I lean toward thinking the Mauser was handy, already in the building.The mauser and the carcano look a lot alike, actually the Carcano has a mauser action.for some reason they switched the guns identity maybe because they already had the documentation to show LHO owned a rifle so knowing how dumb and decievable the American people are they just pulled a switcheroo and we end up with an old junky Carcano.Actually in reality the Carcano is not a bad rifle. It had a Mauser action and a Manlicher magazineMaybe a 2x4 stock and a beer can barrell?
Mike Ellwood

Post by Mike Ellwood »

Joe,Is it at all possible that a Mannlicher-Carcano with a Mauser action could ever have "Mauser" stamped on the barrel, and could this be what Craig saw?Cheers,Mike
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Mike 7.65 Mauser is also the caliber of a gun so Craig could have been fooled but not WeitzmanThere was even different type of sling from one gun to te other.
Alex Hidell

Post by Alex Hidell »

Guys,Let's get back to basics. The Mannlicher-Carcano rifle that supposedly belonged to Oswald was inoperative and 60 years old per FBI agent testimony at the WC hearings. It is a matter of public record. Go read the testimony, if you don't believe me. It didn't shoot any bullets at anybody that day. It's bolt action was inoperable. Which shouldn't surpise anyone relative to a 60 year old rifle. Rememeber, the Carcano model Oswald supposedly used was introduced in 1893. Let me repeat... 1893!It is assumed that a weapon was fired from the 6th floor. Why not a Mauser?? It certainly wasn't the Carcano. That was merely a prop and a poorly executed one at that because they couldn't even manage to get a single Oswald fingerprint on it:(
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Alex Hidell wrote:Guys,Let's get back to basics. The Mannlicher-Carcano rifle that supposedly belonged to Oswald was inoperative and 60 years old per FBI agent testimony at the WC hearings. It is a matter of public record. Go read the testimony, if you don't believe me. It didn't shoot any bullets at anybody that day. It's bolt action was inoperable. Which shouldn't surpise anyone relative to a 60 year old rifle. Rememeber, the Carcano model Oswald supposedly used was introduced in 1893. Let me repeat... 1893!It is assumed that a weapon was fired from the 6th floor. Why not a Mauser?? It certainly wasn't the Carcano. That was merely a prop and a poorly executed one at that because they couldn't even manage to get a single Oswald fingerprint on it:(I found the following on Spartacus.schoolnet.uk in the bio of Robert Morrow - and submit it as a potential Mannlicher rifle source. "Mario Kohly arrived in the United States in February, 1959, and began organizing exile groups against Castro. Soon afterwards Kohly met Marshall Diggs. In March, 1960, Diggs recruited Morrow to work for Kohly. Three months later Morrow met Tracy Barnes and agreed to be Kohly's CIA contact.Kohly agreed to accept help from the CIA in overthrowing Castro and in July, 1960, established the Cuban Revolutionary Council (CRC). According to Morrow, the CRC informed John F. Kennedy of CIA plans to invade Cuba during the 1960 Democratic National Convention. Morrow also claimed that Kohly met Richard Nixon and the CIA in October, 1960. This resulted in the formation of Operation 40.In March, 1961, Kohly's 300 man guerrilla army in the Escambray Mountains was decimated by Castro's forces. This damaged the potential success of the Bay of Pigs operation. Kohly now changed his strategy and with the help of Morrow he started a counterfeiting operation to undermine Cuban economy.Morrow continued to work for the CIA and he traveled to France to pick up a package for Tracy Barnes. While in Europe he bought arms for Kohly's new army.In July, 1963, Morrow claims that Barnes: "requested that I purchase four Mannlicher 7.35 mm surplus rifles. According to Barnes, the rifles were available in the Baltimore area from Sunny's Supply Stores. Upon my agreement to make the purchase, Barnes requested that I alter the forepiece of each rifle so that the rifles could be dismantled, hidden and reassembled quickly. I thought this last request odd until I was informed that the rifles were to be used for a clandestine operation."The following day, Morrow claimed that Eladio del Valle asked him to purchase four transceivers. In August 1963, Morrow delivered these rifles and transceivers to David Ferrie. Morrow believed that that the idea was to blame Fidel Castro for the assassination of John F. Kennedy in order to trigger an invasion of Cuba."
Mike Ellwood

Post by Mike Ellwood »

Morrow believed that that the idea was to blame Fidel Castro for the assassination of John F. Kennedy in order to trigger an invasion of Cuba."Morals apart, that's an elegantly simple idea.Just supposing it could have been proved (i.e. convincingly faked), that Castro had ordered and had implemented the killing of JFK, does anyone doubt that a full-scale invasion of Cuba would not have taken place?Actually, in 1963, I don't know.In 2011.....er, no question.
kenmurray

Shining A Light On Day

Post by kenmurray »

The Paper Bag Story and the "Blind" Detective. http://www.patspeer.com/chapter-4c