Mary Moorman Tells Story

JFK Assassination
Wayne Stracener

Re: Mary Moorman Tells Story

Post by Wayne Stracener »

Davy, 1 and 2 has been a long running problem,R.Trask in his book says the mcbride photo is the first motorcade photo she took..sideline notes from different sources belowThe numerical designation “Moorman Photo #5” has been assigned as a convention by somecritics to reflect that Mrs. Moorman took other photos earlier on the day of the assassination.The first two of these were undoubtedly “tryout” photographs as Moorman and Hill had justpurchased a new roll of film and were considering their best vantage point for viewing themotorcade.we find that there was a veritable “shell game” played with Mary’s Polaroids, in which the FBI, the Secret Service, J. Edgar Hoover and the Warren Commission all tried to make three photos become two. Indeed, only two are now extant, but their numbering implies that there is one missing, which was allegedly given to a Dallas motorcycle policeman and is now lost. Remarkably, the evidence (including reports and statements clearly typographically altered after the fact) suggests that there was at least one additional photo showing the President and his limousine; and it is also likely that some unwanted aspect of the Texas School Book Depository was depicted in at least one photo.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Wayne what do you think about the quality of the Moorman Polaroids?You seem to be saying the Mary would not normally have this camera/film combination.Is this shield something that would stay on the camera when folded?Are you a professional photographer? you seem to be very educated in photographic matters.
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

Wayne...respect first...you know a great deal about Moormans camera and film!I must argue strongly that it seems beyond credible that Mary Moorman took two practice shots.She was a snapper with a reliable camera,why would she waste two expensive shots for no reason at all!Why not mention this 2 weeks ago when she could have at no cost to her story!If this is old news why is it not flagged up on all the internet sites I have clicked on about these photos.None that I visited mentioned the first two photos on the new film. If you know of any site that does I would love to check it out?Is this important?Well I think so, as this interview happened only a couple of weeks ago and unless challanged will end up on the net as being a true account of what happened.J Files was about 120 feet away, he remains mainly unsupported even though he has told no lies.Mary Moorman was 12 foot away and has told at least two things that dont stack up ie number of shots and number of photos taken and must be taken to task!
Wayne Stracener

Dealey Joe, I agree with you, using the chemicals was messy, the rollers would gunk up and have to be cleaned, The quality of the photo is what got me, Joe remember when you were lucky enough to get three or four good pics off a roll, most either had motion blur or out of focus or the white blob,even with the pack film, the 80a is not a lightweight camera Major improvements came with the 110 leading into the polaroid swinger. quote "You seem to be saying the Mary would not normally have this camera/film combination" if she did then she would have to know about the seal kit and the density lens, Look it did not come with the camera and the shutter bonnet is dark grey plastic, Plus you have to remove it to change the shutter speed. You would notice this has been added to the camera because it changes the appearance, plus you have to take it off to use the Type #30 film that the camera was originally designed for and you have to know that you can not load the film in sunlight. With the seal kit in place you can still close the camera. Joe I know about 35mm and digital. I'm not a professional and besides this type of knowledge would have to come from the old timer pro's which is exactly where I've got my education on the 80a. Joining camera forums and camera clubs is where I have made great contacts and some new friends, This is how I found out about an old timer who sells and repairs antique camera's in Dallas, He's the one that made me aware of the seal kit. Mary say's it herself that she 's just a housewife and not a camera person. Now armed with this knowledge did Mary just go to the closet and get the camera,zip on down to Dealey and rip off a couple of picks. Davy, Maybe I should have worded this a little different ( sideline notes from different sources below ), These were just some tidbits that I found around the net, Not my view or opinion. I agree with you and can not find or produce Mary's photo's numbered 1 or 2. Even Mary in the interview could not confirm to a photo being the first one taken from the new roll and after that no question was asked about #2. Since we stand side by side on this issue I'm glad there is nothing to argue.My view is this, The quality to me comes from a 35mm then a 80a was used to copy........Wayne
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

Thanks Wayne.....nice of you to set me straight on your previous post.Glad we are singing from the same hymn sheet!Your last sentence set me up in my chair!You say the photos where taken using 35 mm and an 80a used to copy.That seems explosive information!How do you reckon that might have happened?Many thanks
Wayne Stracener

Davy I would have to consider it explosive if it was my view with proof, But it is only my opinion.Maybe as others look at the equipment used or not used and at the knowledge of the photographer then someday the connection might be made, I hope my opinion will not distractfrom what it took to take a photo using 37 film in a 80a, But as we know the picture came from somewhere. Who else you got in the general area.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Wayne I want to thank you for your interest and investigation on this camera/pictureinformation. It is great research and thought.Your idea of the pictures being 35 MM coppied with the polaroid is shattering.This could have been done, I remember the coppiers and had thought maybe the MM pics actually were 2nd generation Polaroid but had not thought about the 35/Polaroid.The only thing that comes to mind is I think I read where Jean said she was holding the pictures as they came out of the camera? this would imply Polaroid?These picture qualities go hand in hand with my experience with Polaroid but never knew about any type of super grade film.Thanks again for your and Davy's interest in this issue
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!Gary Stover at iantiques has done a follow up show to the Moorman interview.He says Mary Ann now admits she made a mistake when she said she took the first 2 pics on the old roll of film.She now says she took all 5 on the new roll,the first two at the car TO TEST THE FILM!That knocks her sequence of events into a cocked hat as she bought the film,she said,after taking the car photos!I think I smell a cover up!The full follow up interview is on iantiques web site and is worth a look. Just check how certain she is about this on her interview and how bad it looks when she now has to try and explain it away a few weeks later.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

How do we know exactly what film she used?
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

How do we know exactly what film she used?