Mary Moorman Tells Story

JFK Assassination
Wayne Stracener

Re: Mary Moorman Tells Story

Post by Wayne Stracener »

Interesting view Jim, I will run down the list.1. I really doubt Mary Moorman is a camera expert and the camera was likely her husbands and he just showed her quickly how to use it that day. She was so uncertain of how to use it that she took a couple test photos as they parked the car before the parade.1.confirmed by Mary, (We) bought the camera, Did not know what film speed she bought and that she only knew how to load the film and pull it out, reason you need to know-type #37 seal kit on,-#30&#32 seal kit must come off. #37 can not be loaded in sunlight. Husband would have needed to say " if they do not 37 remember to remove the seal kit" and if he did then Mary should know about the seal kit.2. It would be good to know if the camera exposure and light shield adapter could remain on the camera, if it was folded into its closed position. Or if it had to be slipped off to close the camera.2. This was already answered in this thread when Dealey Joe asked the question.I gave the reply that yes the camera can still be closed with the seal kit in place.I have an 80a with the seal kit and can confirm.exposure/light meter is hand held,you point it at the subject to get a reading then set the shutter dial to match, The shutter setting can be done without the meter only after gaining experience with the settings.

Wayne Stracener

Interesting view Jim, I will run down the list.1. I really doubt Mary Moorman is a camera expert and the camera was likely her husbands and he just showed her quickly how to use it that day. She was so uncertain of how to use it that she took a couple test photos as they parked the car before the parade.1.confirmed by Mary, (We) bought the camera, Did not know what film speed she bought and that she only knew how to load the film and pull it out, reason you need to know-type #37 seal kit on,-#30&#32 seal kit must come off. #37 can not be loaded in sunlight. Husband would have needed to say " if they do not 37 remember to remove the seal kit" and if he did then Mary should know about the seal kit.2. It would be good to know if the camera exposure and light shield adapter could remain on the camera, if it was folded into its closed position. Or if it had to be slipped off to close the camera.2. This was already answered in this thread when Dealey Joe asked the question.I gave the reply that yes the camera can still be closed with the seal kit in place.I have an 80a with the seal kit and can confirm.exposure/light meter is hand held,you point it at the subject to get a reading then set the shutter dial to match, The shutter setting can be done without the meter only after gaining experience with the settings.

Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Jim I say you are right on target there. I totally agree.The only problem with Mary is all the EXPERTS that have tried to makeher photo's into something they are not.I do think this latest venture was an attempt by the promoters to profit.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Jim I say you are right on target there. I totally agree.The only problem with Mary is all the EXPERTS that have tried to makeher photo's into something they are not.I do think this latest venture was an attempt by the promoters to profit.
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

Jim..I have no problem with Mrs Moorman,I wish her well. I dont care how many bucks she makes from the photo,its none of my business.Her recent interview on iantiques is a public statement though and deserves observation by those of us interested in the truth of what she says now.Mary Ann cannot even remember what she did when she parked her car with any degree of consistancy.She has changed her story within three weeks of it being broadcast. The revised version,that she went to the store to refilm her empty camera and then returned to the car to take a pose that looked like the two girls had got out of the car,as a test to see if the film was OK beats me up.I cannot take her as a reliable witness, on the number of shots,where she stood, or her critisism of Jean Hill!
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

Jim..I have no problem with Mrs Moorman,I wish her well. I dont care how many bucks she makes from the photo,its none of my business.Her recent interview on iantiques is a public statement though and deserves observation by those of us interested in the truth of what she says now.Mary Ann cannot even remember what she did when she parked her car with any degree of consistancy.She has changed her story within three weeks of it being broadcast. The revised version,that she went to the store to refilm her empty camera and then returned to the car to take a pose that looked like the two girls had got out of the car,as a test to see if the film was OK beats me up.I cannot take her as a reliable witness, on the number of shots,where she stood, or her critisism of Jean Hill!
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

Wayne Stracener

Davy, Bill Newman and son is suppose to be the last male on the sidewalk.
Wayne Stracener

Davy, Bill Newman and son is suppose to be the last male on the sidewalk.