It's Okay to Disagree

JFK Assassination
Bob

It's Okay to Disagree

Post by Bob »

I've said this for years now, but the infighting in the JFK assassination conspiracy theorist community really troubles me. As we draw closer to the 50th anniversary of John Fitzgerald Kennedy's assassination in Dallas, all of us in our community should continue to find common ground, instead of screaming that this researcher is wrong about that and that researcher is wrong about this.It's okay to debate amongst ourselves. But we have to be respectful while we are doing it, even when we argue against those from the Lone Nut Club.Do I agree with every researcher and their various takes in the conspiracy theorist (I prefer realist) community? No, although I think a lot of the information being put out there is spot on. There is not one researcher that I totally agree with. I have put together my beliefs based on a broad spectrum of research. I've gotten to know a number of researchers too. Even with that, I still don't agree with every aspect of JFK's assassination put together by Wim, Jim Marrs, Jim Fetzer, Robert Groden, Doug Horne, Jim DiEugenio, John Hankey, Michael Calder, Russ Baker and others.All of the names I have mentioned have done excellent work over the years. That is without question. That's why we should all find common ground and continue to search for the truth in a respectful dialogue. Bottom line, it's okay to disagree. Let's just try and make our disagreements an open and respectful discussion.Case in point, there are a number of things about the assassination that I believed 10 years ago, that I now know are wrong. Why? Because I kept an open mind and kept researching and reading. Sometimes it doesn't have to be reading a book either, as forums like ours can bring a wealth of information.As we know now from James Douglass' great book, JFK And The Unspeakable, JFK was having back-channel negotations with both Cuba and the Soviet Union. We also know that JFK was getting all the troops/advisors out of Vietnam by 1965. JFK was working for peace throughout the world, which went against the agenda of the CIA and the Military Industrial Complex. That was one of the primary reasons he was killed. That and the changes he was making to the Federal Reserve and the oil depletion allowance he was going to change.Now look at our world today. Wars are everywhere. The U.S. seems to be in all of them. Big banking and big oil have never been more powerful, profitable or corrupt.We in the conspiracy theorist community should take a lesson from what JFK was trying to do. Let's work for peace among our group. Otherwise we will end up like our world is today. Infinite fighting everywhere.
Douglas 606

Re: It's Okay to Disagree

Post by Douglas 606 »

Bob wrote:I've said this for years now, but the infighting in the JFK assassination conspiracy theorist community really troubles me. As we draw closer to the 50th anniversary of John Fitzgerald Kennedy's assassination in Dallas, all of us in our community should continue to find common ground, instead of screaming that this researcher is wrong about that and that researcher is wrong about this.It's okay to debate amongst ourselves. But we have to be respectful while we are doing it, even when we argue against those from the Lone Nut Club.Do I agree with everyone and their various takes in the conspiracy theorist (I prefer realist) community? No.Bottom line, it's okay to disagree. Let's just try and make our disagreements an open and respectful discussion.We in the conspiracy theorist community should take a lesson from what JFK was trying to do. Let's work for peace among our group. Otherwise we will end up like our world is today. Infinite fighting everywhere.The research done in the past ten years is very illuminating of many mysteries to say the least. The video testimony of James Files has, in my opinion, almost secretly reawakened the JFK case as never before. Anyone want to bet that his name will never be mentioned in any of the speeches in Dealey Plaza on Nov, 22, 2013. Chauncey Holt states that when he reflects on the possible reason he was sent to Dallas, he wonders why he was there at all.The Files story puts a human face on that day. It has a simple, almost absurd, mundane quality about it. The planning and plotting have a casual bizarre spur-of-the-moment quality about them. For James Files, it all started with an interrupted pin-ball game in a Chicago area hamburger joint. Much of that November day, and the preceding days, seem surreal and floating. The projected event was subject to many possible outcomes. It was only in the final hours that Files was chosen by Nicoletti to be the possible long-distance coup-de-grâce shot. And even that was subject to the vagaries of time and space.