The Mysterious Throat Wound:

JFK Assassination
RobertP

Re: The Mysterious Throat Wound:

Post by RobertP »

Dealey Joe wrote:the throat would may have been from the front, but it was not a bullet it had to have been a piece of shrapnel.Would a piece of shrapnel have made such a neat little round hole, Joe? Shrapnel, by the very nature of its origin, tends to be rough and irregular in shape, and makes irregular wounds; compounded by the fact most pieces of shrapnel are tumbling in flight.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

well since we did not see the wound I have no idea what it looked like, beside that point there is evidence on this web site that shows the wound was from the inside out, actually was probed from the brain cavity area.
RobertP

Post by RobertP »

Below is a diagram displaying a view of the base of the human skull:https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... tn6-8DgThe problem with the throat wound being caused by a piece of shrapnel from the bullet that disintegrated inside of JFK's cranial cavity is made very clear by this diagram. There is only one small opening on the base of the skull, and that opening is occupied by the C1 cervical vertebra.The other problem is that the tear made in the right side of JFK's trachea was directly behind the wound in JFK's throat, as noted by PH physicians. If the bullet had been travelling downward from JFK's skull, it only makes sense the damage to the trachea would be mostly above the throat wound and leading towards the throat wound.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

It may be clear to you, but not to me.I wonder if you have information on the wound caused by a Mercury Charged round?
RobertP

Post by RobertP »

Dealey Joe wrote:It may be clear to you, but not to me.I wonder if you have information on the wound caused by a Mercury Charged round?Only hypothetical, as I have never seen a mercury filled bullet, and do not know if such a bullet even exists, or existed.The theory is quite simple. A bullet, FMJ or soft point, is carefully and symmetrically drilled to create a large cavity into which mercury is poured. Enough room has to be left at the nose of the bullet to make a plug that will contain the mercury; something such as epoxy or even a small piece of hardwood would do. There must also be enough room left in the nose to make this bullet a hollow point bullet, as it would be essential to have this bullet open as quickly and completely as possible, in order to release the mercury. Once the mercury was released, it would, due to the resistance of the brain matter it encountered, quickly spread out into a cloud of mercury mist that would come to an abrupt halt and deliver a devastating amount of damage to the brain.That being said, there is an easier way to accomplish the same effect, and there are clues from Bethesda that indicate this method may have been used. If you took powdered lead and compressed it into the shape of a bullet (some methods have used brittle plastics to join the lead particles while others have employed a method called "sintering") and encased that bullet into a bullet jacket, or even encased powdered lead into a bullet jacket with a small solid lead core at the tip, you would have what is known as a "frangible" bullet.Frangible bullets will penetrate bone, sheetrock, glass, etc. just as a normal bullet will but, when impacting something a normal bullet will ricochet off of (ie. stone, steel, concrete, etc.), a frangible bullet will disintegrate into the powder it was made from, somewhat reducing collateral damage.A frangible bullet designed to be lethal, and not just a non-ricocheting indoor range bullet, will have a hollow point at its nose, for the same reason I assigned one to the mercury filled bullet. This frangible bullet will penetrate the skull bone, making a tiny entrance wound, and begin travelling through the brain matter. Being semi-liquid, the brain matter will begin to fill the hollow nose of the bullet and begin exerting an enormous hydraulic pressure inside this cavity. This pressure acts directly on the loosely bonded metal powder of the bullet's core and, within two inches of the entrance wound, the core disintegrates into a lethal cloud of metal powder, known to leave up to a 4 inch wound cavity at the site of disintegration. These bullets, of course, do not exit such a wound. However, as with hollow points used in head shots, many times an "exit wound" will be seen, even though no part of the bullet exits through such a wound. The "exit wound" can be the result of elevated hydraulic pressure inside the skull cavity, and can be thought of as similar to a blowout on a tire; also explain why these blowouts are so much larger than the bullets causing them. For this reason, this "exit wound" does not have to be perfectly in line with the path of the bullet. As in the case of the JFK head shot, the bullet may have entered the right temple and the "exit wound" (blowout) was in the right rear of his skull, as opposed to the assumed location of the left rear of the skull, simply because the right rear of the skull happened to be the weakest point of the skull. Its like overinflating a balloon and trying to predict where the balloon will rupture.P.S. The x-rays of JFK's skull reported the presence of hundreds of dust-like particles present in his skull cavity. As much as I distrust most of the material that came from JFK's autopsy, I cannot imagine why anyone would make something like this up, as complete disintegration of a full metal jacket bullet into powder is unheard of, and the conspirators would know this, and it would do nothing to promote the FMJ theory. However, a cloud of dust like particles in an x-ray of the skull is precisely what you would expect to see if the damage was caused by a frangible bullet unless, of course, a mercury filled bullet was used. In that case, the cloud of dust like particles would likely be droplets of mercury.
JDB4JFK

Post by JDB4JFK »

Sixteen doctors and nurses say it was an entry wound. The Zapruder film, and the Wiegmann #6 picture shows JFK grabbing his throat way before the fatal head shot. So I agree with Gil Jesus's conclusion of a shot to the throat from the front. My two cents!
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

It "LOOKED" like an entry wound. I'm sure they let it go at that.If you view the film JFK never touches his throat but regardless of the direction and depending on when the hole was made it is possible he might grab his throat, sure don't mean it came from any particular direction?Strange that people say since there was a crack in the windshield and JFK raised his hands, that a shot came from the front, meaning somewhere toward the Overpass ect.
steve manning

Post by steve manning »

6. The throat wound could not have been caused by pieces of the head shot bullet or super heated mercury from that bullet as the throat wound was received before the head shot.Great observation! This has been the one piece of my theory that has definitely been missing.Steve
steve manning

Post by steve manning »

Bob Lilly wrote:Good work Steve. I think you are right about the throat wound. 1. The shooter could still have been on the knoll as JFK had his head turned to right and seems to have been hit just as he emerged to shooters view from behind Stemmons Freeway sign. The shooter did not have to be in front of car (overpass area).2. When the shot was fired he had not yet emerged to Zapruders view so the shooter was to Zapruders right, (west of Zapruder towards the fence).3. Raise your elbows out, cover your mouth with your right hand and cough (like you are trying to clear your throat). See how your head involunatrily moves forward? Just like JFK when he took the head shot from the front.4. The head shot was taken from about 25 feet west along the fence from the corner of the fence. This is where the best field of vision is and in a concealed spot. This is where the puffs of smoke originated. This is where the mud on fence 2x4 and car bumpers was. This is where the cigarette butts accumulated.5. Most importantly, this is where the muzzle flash originated; the flash you see at the beginning at the Nix film just a moment before a piece of Kennedy's head departs back and to the left.6. The throat wound could not have been caused by pieces of the head shot bullet or super heated mercury from that bullet as the throat wound was received before the head shot.7. There were two shooting teams on the Mall. (and likely 2 behind in the buildings)Great observation! This has been the one piece of my theory that has definitely been missing.ThanksSteve
steve manning

Post by steve manning »

steve manning wrote:Bob Lilly wrote:Good work Steve. I think you are right about the throat wound. 1. The shooter could still have been on the knoll as JFK had his head turned to right and seems to have been hit just as he emerged to shooters view from behind Stemmons Freeway sign. The shooter did not have to be in front of car (overpass area).2. When the shot was fired he had not yet emerged to Zapruders view so the shooter was to Zapruders right, (west of Zapruder towards the fence).3. Raise your elbows out, cover your mouth with your right hand and cough (like you are trying to clear your throat). See how your head involunatrily moves forward? Just like JFK when he took the head shot from the front.4. The head shot was taken from about 25 feet west along the fence from the corner of the fence. This is where the best field of vision is and in a concealed spot. This is where the puffs of smoke originated. This is where the mud on fence 2x4 and car bumpers was. This is where the cigarette butts accumulated.5. Most importantly, this is where the muzzle flash originated; the flash you see at the beginning at the Nix film just a moment before a piece of Kennedy's head departs back and to the left.6. The throat wound could not have been caused by pieces of the head shot bullet or super heated mercury from that bullet as the throat wound was received before the head shot.7. There were two shooting teams on the Mall. (and likely 2 behind in the buildings)6. The throat wound could not have been caused by pieces of the head shot bullet or super heated mercury from that bullet as the throat wound was received before the head shot.Great observation! This has been the one piece of my theory that has definitely been missing.ThanksSteve