Concept article by Alan Eaglesham

JFK Assassination
dankbaar
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by dankbaar »

Here is an email from a Dutch cartridge collector for 40 years. His name is Marinus Knap and he is a big authority in the field:

http://www.cartwin.nl/KnapNL.html

This is his website.

http://www.cartwin.nl/

This picture is from his personal collection:

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/headstamps1963.jpg

The bold text in his email from 2003 translates as follows:

The headstamps on photo 4 and 1 headstamp on photo 2 (357 SIG) are from a later date than 1963. The others are from around that time.

This means that all the headstamps on the picture (including all those with a short dash or dot) are from the 1963 time frame, exept the second in the bottom row (357 SIG). I just talked to him and he says that Eaglesham's claim is bull.

From: "Marinus Knap" <knap@cartwin.com>
To: "wim dankbaar" <dank@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Bodemstempels Remmington 1
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:49:09 +0200

Geachte Wim Dankbaar,

Hierbij zend ik u een viertal foto's van bodemstempels van de firma Remmington vanaf 1918. Eerst was er de naam Remmington. Na de fusie met UMC (United Metallic Cartridges) & Co werd het bodemstempel REM-UMC. Ook hierin bestaan variaties van streepje of punt. Deze naam verdween mettertijd en toen werd het Remmington Arms. Bodemstempel: RA. Zie de 2 patronen uit 1942 van hetzelfde kaliber. Bij de ene patroon R A 42 en bij de andere patroon R·A 42.

De bodemstempels op foto 4 en 1 bodemstempel op foto 2 (357 SIG) zijn van latere datum dan 1963. De andere zijn van rond die tijd.
Voor meerdere vragen kunt u bij mij terecht uiteraard.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Marinus Knap

*************

I will come with more proof, it just takes a little while.

Wim
dankbaar
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by dankbaar »

The picture of the shell is 72 MB:

Happy loading:

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/images/casingdented.TIF
Bruce Patrick Brychek
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Response To Mr. Wim Dankbaar:

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

Dear Mr. Wim Dankbaar,

Thank You for our outstanding phone conversations last week, and earlier today on this issue.

On behalf of Jimmy, and myself, I do not think that I can publicly Thank You enough for the outstanding, and professional efforts that you make to Research and Investigate the many issues that you do.

I am proud to know you, and proud to call you my friend.

Thank You for doing everything humanly possible to maintain the integrity of Jimmy Files statements.

I will personally convey to Jimmy later this week your efforts in this area of Research, and Investigation, and the detractors that you continue to face, and successfully overcome.

I think that it is also important that I convey to the JFK Forum Members how much Eaglesham has attacked and attempted to villify another close personal friend of mine along with Wim Dankbaar, and Jimmy Files. That other person is none other than Lieutenant Colonel Dangerous Dan Marvin who has a career better than any Hollywood writers could ever imagine. Dan was attacked endlessly until Dan beat the CIA and Special Forces in Federal Court last year in New York. Since then, Eaglesham has shut his trap on Dan.

Wim, being attacked by Eaglesham is to a degree a compliment. He attacks the biggest, and best. Then looses.

Respectfully,
Bruce Patrick Brychek.
dankbaar
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by dankbaar »

Here are some Remington Arms shells from 1942. Also a dot in the middle :

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/headstamps1.jpg

Here's two more Remington Peters shells from the 1960's, produced at the Bridgeport plant, so before 1970

http://www.municion.org/30-06/rp3006sprgG.jpg

Remington-Peters, grupo Remington Arms Co. de Bridgeport (Connecticut)

http://www.municion.org/30-06/RpSprg3006G.jpg

Short dash (dot) also.

Source: http://www.municion.org/30-06/30-06.htm

From Wikipedia:

In 1970, Remington closed its ammunition plant in Bridgeport, Connecticut, creating a brand-new facility in Lonoke, Arkansas.

Wim
M Klein
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by M Klein »

First of all, the entire Eaglesham article premise is odd -- to disprove a sentence in a JFK conspiracy website:

"the onus is now on Mr. Dankbaar to justify his statement, 'The .222 casing was manufactured before 1971, as could be determined by the headstamp'."

I think the point of all of this is to ascertain whether the shell casings were manufactured before 1964, not about some sentences on a website written by another author than the current owner.

Dankbaar posts some photos of shell casings from "around that time" and the 223 one looks nearly identical to the Files one. But I imagine it will take some time to actually prove this issue well. The internet is very used to immediate gratification, where the hard work involved requires actual time and effort.

Certainly one document taken from the trash doesn't disprove anything, it just raises warning flags of authenticity for both sides.
dankbaar
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by dankbaar »

Here's another shell from the 1960's .

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/shell3.bmp

Short dash.

Wim
Jim Thompson
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by Jim Thompson »

dankbaar wrote:Here's another shell from the 1960's . http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/shell3.bmpShort dash. Wim

That's good news!

How exactly do we know it's from the 1960s?

Is there a link to an INTERNET source?
dankbaar
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by dankbaar »

It's from a guy who bought a Fireball from the 1960's with ammunition. The ammunition was wrapped in a newspaper from 1963.

Wim
Dan
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Comparison

Post by Dan »

Were the two Remington cartridges found by Mr. Rademacher in Dealey Plaza fired from the same weapon?

Is there a certified forensic examiner that will authenticate a comparison test?

I do not attempt to discredit Mr. Files - I am testing my own hypothesis of the location of the throat shooter, and since I do not control the two cartridges in question I seek your input.
Dan
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Headstamps

Post by Dan »

None of the headstamps shown with the dot or short dash from 1963 and earlier are from .222 cartridges.

Is there any proof of a Remington .222 cartridge with the dot or short dash from 1963?
Locked