Why didn't Oswald buy the M1?

JFK Assassination
Ricky Clow

Post by Ricky Clow »

I saw a copy of the catalogue that Oswald bought the Mannlicher Carcano out of. On the same page Just a few above there is the M1 Garand Rifle. This is the same weapon that Oswald was trained with when he was in the Marines. He could hit the target with no scope that was something like 700 yards away or something. (please correct me on the range) The M1 was only about 10-15 dollors more. If he knew that he was goign to kill the President then would you spend some money to buy a half-good weapon? The Warren Commision said Oswlad killed Kennedy for attention if he did then he would want to eb caught. And the good thing is that the M1 is semi automatic you can get off the shots as fast as you can pull the trigger. Oswald was already farmilliar with the rifle. The US goverment should have planted this gun as it would have made more sence? Don't you think.
William Robertson

Post by William Robertson »

Ricky, you make some very good points. It has long puzzled me as to why the conspirators did not plant a better rifle than the heap of junk that Oswald supposedly used.

After considering the question for many years I can only think that they were so arrogant and so confident that they could get away with anything, they opted for the Mannlicher Carcano just because it happened to be available. (and they had already fabricated evidence associated with it, e.g. the magic bullet).

It could be that the M-C rifle was one of those that Jack Ruby was gun-running to Cuba. It is a little mentioned aspect of the assassination that Ruby was actively gun-running and that Oswald may have been an informant for the FBI about the gun-running activity.

You may also be aware that the M-C rifle in the advertisement was not actually the same model as the one that was picked up in the TSBD, so even if Oswald had ordered the rifle advertised it was a different model from the one that he was said to have owned. I don't think that the US government has ever explained why that was the case.
Ricky Clow

Post by Ricky Clow »

Ya, I know what you mean. And if Oswlad had the M-1 rifle that suggested the shots anmd time limit would have been no problem he could have gotten off the whole round. Which consists of 8 bullets in that 6 seconds.
tom jeffers

Post by tom jeffers »

I think that those who planted the evidence on the 6th floor were in haste and probably did not know much about weapons because the original rifle found was a 7.65 mauser and the bullits were a 6.5. Since the magic bullet was already in evidence and there were pictures of the shells on the floor, they had to come up with a rifle to match. The palm print was put on at the funeral home on Sunday night.
Ricky Clow

Post by Ricky Clow »

Ya, They must have been in a rush. Why didn't the guy who was shooting just wear gloves and leave the gun there? Then just somehow make a papertrail that ties the rifle to Oswald. But it is just retarded back in 63 you could just go in the store give a fake name and wlk out with the rifle, Untraceable! They screwed uo with planting the evidence Bigtime.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

10.28.2013Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:07.18.2007 - Mr. Ricky Clow Posted this brilliant Headline.I personally think that sometimes negative facts like this speaklouder than words, proving a point if you will, by a sort ofreverse reasoning, just like reverse psychology.While Ricky's point alone is profound, noting that the M 1 GarandRifle is on the same page as the Mannlicher Carcano is something that I never knew.This should be considered in conjunction with the other Headlines and Posts about LHO here on the JFK Murder Solved Forum.Any more recent analyses, interviews, investigations, readings, research, studies, thoughts, or writings on any aspect of thissubject matter ?Comments ?Respectfully,BB.