David Atlee Phillips at LHO's press conference?

JFK Assassination
Frenchy

Re: David Atlee Phillips at LHO's press conference?

Post by Frenchy »

The more i look, the more im unsure.....it may well be Phillips after all
Bob

Post by Bob »

Frenchy, that's why I posted this...so would could discuss it and debate it. Some people like me think it is Phillips, while others aren't so sure. I will continue to see if I can find other photos as well. I wish we could get a full panoramic view of that press conference to see who was REALLY there. The same goes for photos in front of the TSBD right after the assassination where we have the photograph that looks a lot like Poppy Bu$h in it. But as Jimmy Files said, Dealey Plaza was like a CIA convention on 11/22/1963.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Here is some more information for those who may be wondering who David Atlee Phillips was, and what was his connection to Lee Harvey Oswald, James Files and Poppy Bu$h. Here is some great information that describes all that and more in the Poppy Bu$h section of this site...David Atlee Phillips was the mastermind for the CIA staged coup by Pinochet in 1973, as well as the overthrow in 1954 of the Guatemala regime headed by Jacobo Arbenz. He is working closely with CIA officer E. Howard Hunt, another suspect in the plot to kill JFK and the leader of the infamous Watergate burglar team. In the 1950's and 1960's, Phillips is the CIA case officer for the anti Castro Cubans in Havana and Mexico City. He is also the CIA controller for Lee Harvey Oswald and James Files. James Files has confessed that he fired the shot into JFK's head from behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza. This story is completely ignored by the mainstream media, which seems strange, because even if he were lying, one would expect some exposure. The star of David Atlee Phillips rises to CIA director of Covert Operations for the Western Hemisphere. According to his nephew Shawn Phillips, who is quite a famous musician, David Atlee Phillips confirmed to his brother James Atlee Phillips that he was in Dallas the day Kennedy died. Plus you have this...Jim Marrs : During that time, during the time of the Bay of Pigs, while you were training and moving around in the Caribbean, No Name Key and all that, did you ever hear the name George Herbert Walker Bush? James Files: Oh Yeah! Jim Marrs: What was his role? James Files: George Herbert Walker Bush. I don't know if, I think a lot of people are not going to believe this, but he worked for the CIA back as early as 1961 that I know of. Jim Marrs : How did he work? What did he do? James Files : I don't know all he did, but he did a lot of recruiting work. I know he was there at the beginning for what we called Group 40, a special operations group, Group 40. If you wonder what Group 40 was, an assassination group. Operation 40 was a top secret CIA project to train selected cuban exiles in guerrilla warfare and assassinations, aimed against the Castro regime. Apart from Felix Rodriguez, other members were now infamous CIA agents and Anti Castro terrorists like Luis Posada Carriles, Orlando Bosch, Guillermo and Ignacio Novo Sampoll and later Watergate plumbers Frank Sturgis, Eugenio Martinez, Virgilio Gonzalez and E. Howard Hunt. Most of the operation 40 members were recruited from JM/Wave, a much larger clandestine operation to train a cuban exile army for the Bay of Pigs invasion. JM/Wave is headed by CIA official Theodore Shackley. James Files, the confessed gunman on the grassy knoll, was recruited for the CIA by David Atlee Phillips on a recommendation of Ted Shackley. Shackley becomes George Bush's deputy director for Covert Operations in 1976. The CIA controller of JFK's assassin is provably close to Shackley, Shackley is provably close to Bush. Not significant?
mark ferguson

Post by mark ferguson »

Bob,As usual you make several good points. I think the photo looks like Phillips. It seems that the CIA was so self absorbed back then that they gave little concern to a blown cover. From all that I have read through the years, these guys thought they were beyond any questioning of their activities and also seem to have no regard for the the US Constitution. Maybe some things never change. Thanks for all the great info and discussion on this board. Wim has done a great service to our nation if only people would notice.Mark F
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks Mark. And as you said, Wim is the main reason why we have more illumination on what REALLY happened on 11/22/1963. We have to keep looking meanwhile for more pieces of the puzzle. And I think we just found one.
turtleman

Post by turtleman »

Resemblance yes but the problem I have with that being Phillips is why would he be anywhere near Dallas following the assassination? As much trouble as he went through to cover Maurice Bishop http://cuban-exile.com/doc_001-025/doc0019a.html I find no purpose for him being at a press conference he can watch on tape. How many Cubans could identify him from his work with Alpha 66 as well as all his Central and South American work. Look at the trouble George H.W. Bush went through to distance himself from Dallas. How deep could 41 have been in to spin the crazy and convoluted James Parrot web for his alibi? Were they comparative equals in the Agency? We will probably never know but their modus operandi always leads to a plausible deniability ending. Not to mention as desperate as Oswald was at that point he could have really blown the lid off the situation had he identified Phillips as his controller. If Oswald was part of the "abort" team ( which I think he was) some serious questions could have been raised with an economy of verbage. Remember Oswald and Phillips had been seen together in Dallas prior to the assassination. And identified by witnesses during the HSCA. Phillips was a careful and meticulous man who left few loose ends if any. I am not buying the bold and brazen label for the top echelon involved in the conspiracy and I am not saying I am right, but again I ask what would his reason be for being in Dallas at the press conference? Things could go wrong in a multitude of ways with no apparent upside.
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

katisha wrote: There's a photo in "The Zapruder Film" (David Wrone) that must have been taken a few seconds after the one Christoph found, and from slightly to the right. You can still see the *maybe* David Atlee Phillips, looking very intently at Oswald, but he's almost out of shot, so you can't see the left eyebrow. "Microphone man" in front of him has crouched/knelt down and is directly in front of Mr maybe DAP.Pasquale, if you can find the thread where Christoph originally posted the photo, a couple of posts later he points out the very distinctive left eyebrow: I think a look at that, and a comparison to the *known* photo of Phillips in the same thread, will convince you it's the same guy. It convinced me.There must be other photos from this Oswald press conference, but where? katisha, what do you mean by "in the Zapruder film a few seconds later"?katisha wrote: Remember Oswald and Phillips had been seen together in Dallas prior to the assassination. Where and by whom?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hopefully this vid will answer a few questions...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xawnd59GBU
Bob

Post by Bob »

turtleman wrote:Resemblance yes but the problem I have with that being Phillips is why would he be anywhere near Dallas following the assassination? As much trouble as he went through to cover Maurice Bishop http://cuban-exile.com/doc_001-025/doc0019a.html I find no purpose for him being at a press conference he can watch on tape. How many Cubans could identify him from his work with Alpha 66 as well as all his Central and South American work. Look at the trouble George H.W. Bush went through to distance himself from Dallas. How deep could 41 have been in to spin the crazy and convoluted James Parrot web for his alibi? Were they comparative equals in the Agency? We will probably never know but their modus operandi always leads to a plausible deniability ending. Not to mention as desperate as Oswald was at that point he could have really blown the lid off the situation had he identified Phillips as his controller. If Oswald was part of the "abort" team ( which I think he was) some serious questions could have been raised with an economy of verbage. Remember Oswald and Phillips had been seen together in Dallas prior to the assassination. And identified by witnesses during the HSCA. Phillips was a careful and meticulous man who left few loose ends if any. I am not buying the bold and brazen label for the top echelon involved in the conspiracy and I am not saying I am right, but again I ask what would his reason be for being in Dallas at the press conference? Things could go wrong in a multitude of ways with no apparent upside.Turtleman, I just think that guys like Phillips and Lansdale went to great lengths to plan this assassination. I just think the fact that the patsy (Oswald) was not killed before he was arrested and questioned scared the shit of folks like Phillips. That's why Ruby was used on Sunday morning to finish the job. In actuality, there were a lot of flaws in the planning of the assassination and like Mark said earlier, the rogue unit that planned this were willing to do whatever it took to get the job done, even if it meant more violence and death. Remember what Files said, Dealey Plaza was like a covention for the CIA on 11/22/1963. What's the difference if one is photographed in Dealey Plaza during the assassination or at the Oswald press conference? The conspirators tried to confiscate as much film as possible after the assassination so they couldn't get fingered for the murder. I also believe that Zapruder was there to film the assassination for the conspirators, as he was tied to a lot of them with his background. Some also think that Watergate happened for two reasons. One, for one team to steal documents and photos that could tie the conspirators to the events in Dallas (Files was in on that theft), and for Nixon to get framed by another team (Hunt, Sturgis and Liddy were in on that). I'm sure Phillips had a story to cover why he was at the press conference in case anyone questioned him. Something to cover his ass, just like Hoover and the FBI were doing, even though they were complicit as well.
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

A good detective could probably still find out where these CIA handlers stayed overnight from 21st to 24th of Nov 1963.