JFK assassination researcher/investigator Hall of Fame

JFK Assassination
Bob

Re: JFK assassination researcher/investigator Hall of Fame

Post by Bob »

ThomZajac wrote:More nominees for FameDavid LiftonDavid TalbotThom Hartman (though I think his latest conclusion is NAIVE).Lifton blew people away with his book about doctoring JFK's head wounds to make it look like Oswald shot JFK. Talbot is good as well. I like Hartman overall as a writer, but his book about the JFK assassination was very lame.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Frenchy wrote:Hall of FameSylvia MeagherPenn JonesHall of ShameArlen SpecterGood choices David. It is amazing that Specter is still front and center as a Senator today, and lately because he "switched" parties. He only became a Democrat to prolong his own political existance. If Specter ever fesses up and tells the real truth about his "theory" and how Gerald Ford moved up the JFK back wound several inches on the Warren Commission, I might be inclined to respect him. Another author that has written some excellent material about the JFK assassination and events like 9/11 is Len Hart.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

More Proposal from Thom.....Obviously there are a large number of people to consider for the Hall. Why don't we treat this first phase as the nomination phase. Then perhaps we can determine the criteria and voting process for entry into the Hall. I think what we want to avoid is simply listing all the players on each side- we want the GREATS! Perhaps limiting the 2009 entries to the most outstanding dozen (x 2)? But that's just my thinking, and I'd also be happy to follow the pack.
Bob

Post by Bob »

ThomZajac wrote:We might want to have a voting system, and we might numerically rate them as well. An official process to be approved for induction might be nice.Anyway some possible additions (there may be some repeats here)...FameOliver StoneRoger CraigJoe WestShamePeter JenningsDan Rather(Every president since Johnson)GREAT list there Thom. Stone's movie JFK was very close to the REAL truth about the assassination, and that was in 1991, when a lot of the truth had not yet been exposed. Craig was a law enforcement hero who wouldn't stray from the truth he knew and his was very brave with his assertions. Like many key witnesses, Craig "died" before he could testify before the HSCA. James Files told his story because of Joe West.Jennings and Rather are part of a large group in the MSM that embarrass the name of journalism.NO DOUBT about the Presidents. Did you see Slick Willie and Dumbya at a forum the other day in Toronto? Dumbya called Billy Boy his "brother". Brother in bullshit, drug trafficking (see Mena), war profiteering and treason.
Bob

Post by Bob »

ThomZajac wrote:More Proposal from Thom.....Obviously there are a large number of people to consider for the Hall. Why don't we treat this first phase as the nomination phase. Then perhaps we can determine the criteria and voting process for entry into the Hall. I think what we want to avoid is simply listing all the players on each side- we want the GREATS! Perhaps limiting the 2009 entries to the most outstanding dozen (x 2)? But that's just my thinking, and I'd also be happy to follow the pack.Thom...you think too clearly. Once again...good idea. When we do finalize our list for both Fame and Shame, I think we should accompany the members with a sample of their work, both good and bad depending on what Hall they are in.I also believe we should put together a Hall of Conspirators and a Hall of Assassins as well. But first things first, let's get our researcher/investigator Hall of Fame and the Hall of Shame thing done first. Maybe Wim can set up a link in the contents tab on the main page about the material we collect.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

Perhaps we can all chip in and rent some space in the Dal Tex Building- The JFK Hall of Fame!The People's Museum!
Bob

Post by Bob »

I also want to add Jefferson Morley to the list for the Hall of Fame. He is a current day investigator and journalist that is very good.
Bob

Post by Bob »

ThomZajac wrote:Perhaps we can all chip in and rent some space in the Dal Tex Building- The JFK Hall of Fame!The People's Museum!If nothing else, we should protest in front of the TSBD and the 6th floor museum ran by Gary "Judas" Mack on 11/22 one year, and let the world know about the bogus nature of it's paid off and disinformational existance. We can bring plenty of protest signs and video recorders to document the event. The MSM won't pay attention to us...but the Dallas PD probably will, as Robert Groden has been arrested many times in Dealey Plaza. Why? Because he has tried to tell the truth.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

Bob wrote:I also want to add Jefferson Morley to the list for the Hall of Fame. He is a current day investigator and journalist that is very good.Won't get my vote, Bob.Here's a Morley ditty from the Huffington Post.....As the 44th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy approaches, you may get caught up in an eruption of the perennial and sometimes tedious conspiracy debate. You want to keep an open mind and make sure you don't fall for any JFK assassination myths. You can, for example, say with confidence that a lot of the crazy JFK conspiracy scenarios have been debunked over the years. No, neither the KGB, the Masons, the Mossad, nor the Red Chinese were behind the gunfire that killed the liberal statesman. No, Abraham Zapruder's famous home movie assassination was not secretly altered to hide evidence of a conspiracy. And, no, the legendary three tramps photographed that day did not whack Jack. They were just a trio of homeless guys in the wrong place at the wrong time.He just dissed me at least twice. I believe there is strong evidence supporting the notion that the Zapruder film was altered. Even if the film wasn't, simply dismissing the idea as kooky is disrepectful.Second, the 'tramps' were not tramps, and anyone who thinks they were tramps is simply not a Hall of Fame investigator.This is not to say Morley has not produced some good work (I"ll have to do some research). but Hall of Fame?No. No. No.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yes Thom...you make a good point about Morley and his assertions, although overall he has been pretty solid and is a big advocate on the releasing of more secret documents via the FOIA. In addition, Morley and I don't agree on some of the stuff regarding the RFK assassination as well. But your point is very solid as we try to determine who SHOULD be in the HOF and who SHOULD'T.