Post by Pennyworth »

Pennyworth

Wikipedia...

Post by Pennyworth »

Pennyworth

Re: Wikipedia...

Post by Pennyworth »

Paul Pennyworth wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciudad_Ju%C3%A1rez

Juárez has 4 local newspapers: El Diario, El Norte, El Mexicano and PM. Also, there are 24 radio station signals in AM and 21 in FM. There are 3 different paid television signals available.

[edit] Films and other media
Conan, The Barbarian (1980's)
The Day After Tomorrow (2004)
Man on Fire (2004)
The Virgin of Juarez (2006)
Bordertown (2007) (The film was not actually filmed in Juárez).
Juárez was featured as the setting of a Mexican rebellion in the video game Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2.
In Cocaine Blues by Johnny Cash, the song states that, "they overtook me down in Juárez, Mexico."
In Bob Dylan's song Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, there is a lyric "lost in the rain in Juárez."
Here was the first Marilyn Monroe divorce.
Many Hollywood stars went there during the prohibition law.
At Juarez Avenue Brad Pitt bought his boots, hand made.
In the single "Cd. Juárez" by Mexican singer María Barracuda.
"Juarez" on the album To Venus and Back by Tori Amos makes reference to homicides committed on the border of Mexico and the United States, near Cuidad Juarez.
The At the Drive-In music video for "Invalid Litter Dept" features articles and captions about the hundreds of unsolved homicides and rapes in Juarez

La Catedral in downtown Ciudad Juárez
[edit] Places of Interest
Pennyworth

Post by Pennyworth »

Paul Pennyworth wrote:Paul Pennyworth wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciudad_Ju%C3%A1rezJuárez has 4 local newspapers: El Diario, El Norte, El Mexicano and PM. Also, there are 24 radio station signals in AM and 21 in FM. There are 3 different paid television signals available.[edit] Films and other mediaConan, The Barbarian (1980's) The Day After Tomorrow (2004) Man on Fire (2004) The Virgin of Juarez (2006) Bordertown (2007) (The film was not actually filmed in Juárez). Juárez was featured as the setting of a Mexican rebellion in the video game Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. In Cocaine Blues by Johnny Cash, the song states that, "they overtook me down in Juárez, Mexico." In Bob Dylan's song Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, there is a lyric "lost in the rain in Juárez." Here was the first Marilyn Monroe divorce. Many Hollywood stars went there during the prohibition law. At Juarez Avenue Brad Pitt bought his boots, hand made. In the single "Cd. Juárez" by Mexican singer María Barracuda. "Juarez" on the album To Venus and Back by Tori Amos makes reference to homicides committed on the border of Mexico and the United States, near Cuidad Juarez. The At the Drive-In music video for "Invalid Litter Dept" features articles and captions about the hundreds of unsolved homicides and rapes in Juarez La Catedral in downtown Ciudad Juárez[edit] Places of Interest

"Janovitz calls "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues" a "masterpiece ... For anyone else, its extravagant imagery and literary references would make it a sophisticated, comic tour de force...the singer comes in sounding tired and telling a tale about being lost in the rain in Juárez, Mexico, at Easter time ... [The singer] encounters shady women like Saint Annie and Sweet Melinda, as well as corrupt authorities ... drinks and drugs his way into helplessness, and having done so, declares ironically at the end, 'I'm going back to New York City / I do believe I've had enough.'" Like many songs on Highway 61 Revisited, "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues" is overflowing with literary references, including images recalling Malcolm Lowry's novel Under the Volcano, a street name taken from Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Murders in the Rue Morgue," and the title's reference to Rimbaud's "My Bohemian Life (Fantasy)," in which Rimbaud refers to himself as "Tom Thumb in a daze."
Pennyworth

Post by Pennyworth »

Paul Pennyworth wrote:Paul Pennyworth wrote:Paul Pennyworth wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciudad_Ju%C3%A1rezJuárez has 4 local newspapers: El Diario, El Norte, El Mexicano and PM. Also, there are 24 radio station signals in AM and 21 in FM. There are 3 different paid television signals available.[edit] Films and other mediaConan, The Barbarian (1980's) The Day After Tomorrow (2004) Man on Fire (2004) The Virgin of Juarez (2006) Bordertown (2007) (The film was not actually filmed in Juárez). Juárez was featured as the setting of a Mexican rebellion in the video game Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. In Cocaine Blues by Johnny Cash, the song states that, "they overtook me down in Juárez, Mexico." In Bob Dylan's song Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, there is a lyric "lost in the rain in Juárez." Here was the first Marilyn Monroe divorce. Many Hollywood stars went there during the prohibition law. At Juarez Avenue Brad Pitt bought his boots, hand made. In the single "Cd. Juárez" by Mexican singer María Barracuda. "Juarez" on the album To Venus and Back by Tori Amos makes reference to homicides committed on the border of Mexico and the United States, near Cuidad Juarez. The At the Drive-In music video for "Invalid Litter Dept" features articles and captions about the hundreds of unsolved homicides and rapes in Juarez La Catedral in downtown Ciudad Juárez[edit] Places of Interest"Janovitz calls "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues" a "masterpiece ... For anyone else, its extravagant imagery and literary references would make it a sophisticated, comic tour de force...the singer comes in sounding tired and telling a tale about being lost in the rain in Juárez, Mexico, at Easter time ... [The singer] encounters shady women like Saint Annie and Sweet Melinda, as well as corrupt authorities ... drinks and drugs his way into helplessness, and having done so, declares ironically at the end, 'I'm going back to New York City / I do believe I've had enough.'" Like many songs on Highway 61 Revisited, "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues" is overflowing with literary references, including images recalling Malcolm Lowry's novel Under the Volcano, a street name taken from Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Murders in the Rue Morgue," and the title's reference to Rimbaud's "My Bohemian Life (Fantasy)," in which Rimbaud refers to himself as "Tom Thumb in a daze."

Bob Dylan - Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues Lyrics

When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs
When you're down on Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there
And they really make a mess outa you.

Now if you see Saint Annie
Please tell her thanks a lot
I cannot move
My fingers are all in a knot
I don't have the strength
To get up and take another shot
And my best friend, my doctor
Won't even say what it is I've got.

Sweet Melinda
The peasants call her the goddess of gloom
She speaks good English
And she invites you up into her room
And you're so kind
And careful not to go to her too soon
And she takes your voice
And leaves you howling at the moon.

Up on Housing Project Hill
It's either fortune or fame
You must pick up one or the other
Though neither of them are to be what they claim
If you're lookin' to get silly
You better go back to from where you came
Because the cops don't need you
And man they expect the same.
Now all the authorities
They just stand around and boast
How they blackmailed the sergeant-at-arms
Into leaving his post
And picking up Angel who
Just arrived here from the coast
Who looked so fine at first
But left looking just like a ghost.

I started out on burgundy
But soon hit the harder stuff
Everybody said they'd stand behind me
When the game got rough
But the joke was on me
There was nobody even there to bluff
I'm going back to New York City
I do believe I've had enough.
Pennyworth

Sally and Jane...

Post by Pennyworth »

Sally Field and Jane Fonda DID do a lot a activist work on the Juarez cause...someone criticised them for dissipating but there are apparently limits and blocks in this case as it unfolds...

Field and Fonda Protest Mexico Killings
17 February 2004 (WENN)
Actresses Jane Fonda and Sally Field marched through a Mexican border city on Saturday, urging authorities to investigate the brutal slayings of hundreds of young females. Mexican authorities say 258 women have been killed over the past decade in Ciudad Juarez. Many of the victims were sexually assaulted, strangled and dumped in the desert near Juarez, across the Rio Grande river from El Paso, Texas. Field said, "I'm here because 300 young, vibrant women are not. Now is the time on this planet when we have to stand up and shine the light on injustice." The demonstration was sponsored by Amnesty International and the V- Day Foundation, led by Vagina Monologues playwright Eve Ensler, which combats violence against women worldwide. Fonda, who met with mothers of the victims and heard how the authorities have ignored their cry for justice, notes, "I have a daughter and a granddaughter and I know that if they were killed the authorities would do everything possible to solve the murder. Mexico, Juarez, Chihuahua deserve better than the authorities that are now ruling. These mothers deserve better."
Pennyworth

Re: Sally and Jane...

Post by Pennyworth »

Paul Pennyworth wrote:Sally Field and Jane Fonda DID do a lot a activist work on the Juarez cause...someone criticised them for dissipating but there are apparently limits and blocks in this case as it unfolds...Field and Fonda Protest Mexico Killings17 February 2004 (WENN) Actresses Jane Fonda and Sally Field marched through a Mexican border city on Saturday, urging authorities to investigate the brutal slayings of hundreds of young females. Mexican authorities say 258 women have been killed over the past decade in Ciudad Juarez. Many of the victims were sexually assaulted, strangled and dumped in the desert near Juarez, across the Rio Grande river from El Paso, Texas. Field said, "I'm here because 300 young, vibrant women are not. Now is the time on this planet when we have to stand up and shine the light on injustice." The demonstration was sponsored by Amnesty International and the V- Day Foundation, led by Vagina Monologues playwright Eve Ensler, which combats violence against women worldwide. Fonda, who met with mothers of the victims and heard how the authorities have ignored their cry for justice, notes, "I have a daughter and a granddaughter and I know that if they were killed the authorities would do everything possible to solve the murder. Mexico, Juarez, Chihuahua deserve better than the authorities that are now ruling. These mothers deserve better."

-Day: 2004 women in juarezV-Day 2004: Missing and Murdered Women In Juarez, Mexico ... Laura Flores, and Monica Alicia Juarez, with Jane Fonda, Sally Field, and Christine Lahti. ...
www.vday.org/contents/vcampaigns/spotlight/juarez - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

V-Day: March on Ciudad JuárezLas actrices son Lilia Aragon, Marinitia Escobedo, Laura Flores, Monica Alicia Juarez, Ensler, Sally Field, Jane Fonda y Shiva Rose. ...
www.vday.org/contents/action/juarez - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

Jane Fonda - BiographyJane Fonda on IMDb: Movies, TV, Celebs, and more... ... Protested alongside fellow actresses 'Sally Field' & 'Christine Lahti' , and playwright 'Eve Ensler' ...
www.imdb.com/name/nm0000404/bio - 28k - May 22, 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

Sally Field - NewsActresses Jane Fonda and Sally Field marched through a Mexican border city on ... say 258 women have been killed over the past decade in Ciudad Juarez. ...
www.imdb.com/name/nm0000398/news - 38k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.imdb.com ]

apophenia: Ni una mas! Not one more in Juarez!2 US Congresswomen, the US diplomats in Juarez, Jane Fonda, and others. .... photo credit and caption: Actresses Jane Fonda and Sally Field, right, ...
http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archiv ... uarez.html - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

Welcome to La Oferta - Jane Fonda, Salma Hayek seek justice for ...For her part, Jane Fonda, who once put on this play in Ciudad Juarez, in Feb. 2004, together with U.S. actresses Sally Fields and Christine Lahti, ...
http://www.laoferta.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=38 - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

V-DAY and Amnesty International organize February 14 March on ...We are joining with the women of Ciudad Juárez and Chihuahua and their families ... Monica Alicia Juarez, Ensler, Sally Field, Jane Fonda, Christine Lahti, ...
web.amnesty.org/library/index/ENGAMR410072004 - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

Optevi News Tracker - World News - Sally Field[context] .. buoyed by support from the likes of actresses Jane Fonda and Sally Field, feminists and lawmakers here are demoraliz ...
www.optevi.net/newstracker/?e=41960 - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

MujeresHoy-Jane Fonda y Sally Field celebrarán “Día V” en Ciudad ...- [ Translate this page ](Mujereshoy) Las actrices estadounidenses Jane Fonda, Sally Field y Christine Lahti estarán en Ciudad Juárez el próximo14 de febrero para celebrar el “Día ...
www.mujereshoy.com/secciones/1698.shtml - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

©2007 Google - Google Home - Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - About Google
Pennyworth

NEWEST NEWS.....

Post by Pennyworth »

Pennyworth

Re: Religious New World Order ....

Post by Pennyworth »

Paul Pennyworth wrote:Paul Pennyworth wrote:Paul Pennyworth wrote:Apometron's blogBispo Edir Macedo ensina: como ficar rico através da fé alheia! ... This is the New World Order, the globalists will overthrow the United States Consitition ...apometron.blogspot.com/ - 67k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages Igreja Universal do Reino de Deus (Universal Church of the Kingdom aka Iglesia Universal aka Catedral de La Fe, aka Living Faith) ...The organization is present throughout the world: Los Angeles, New York, Manila, ... Fernandes, a São Paulo assemblywoman, is the sister of Edir Macedo, ...www.apologeticsindex.org/i04.html - 46k - Cached - Similar pages BRAZZIL - News from Brazil - Evangelicals and Igreja Universal in ...His enemies say bishop Edir Macedo's dream is to convert Brazil into a religious state, a kind of new Iran in which he would be its all-powerful ayatollah. ...www.brazzil.com/cvrnov95.htm - 38k - Cached - Similar pages Media, politics and fundamentalism in Latin America / 2007/1 ...In 2006 the Latin America region of the World Association for Christian ... Edir Macedo, the head of Brazil’s Universal Church of the Kingdom of God and ...http://www.wacc.org.uk/wacc/publication ... in_america - 41k - Cached - Similar pages Future, Evangelical, Politics, Theology, AAR, Washington, 1993 ...Today we hear more and more of phrases such as "the new world order", ... On the day of the 1991 mass, Edir Macedo, Brazil's most popular television ...http://www.bloomquist.ca/publications/A ... alism.html - 55k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages Adherents.comIt's estimated that the church has 8000 members only in New York. ... Started in 1977 by the self-appointed Bishop Edir Macedo, the Universal Church today ...www.adherents.com/Na/Na_654.html - 50k - Cached - Similar pages Worthy Boards > The évangéliques ones: The sect which wants to co... "The New World Order", the reverend put forward the Messianic vocation of l? ... Universal, of which the founder, Edir Macedo, a former employee of the ...www.worthyboards.com/lofiversion/index.php/t7436.html - 18k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages Zenit News Agency - The World Seen From RomeIn order to apply some technological discoveries, "a lot of money is invested ... Edir Macedo, its president, says without any reservations, that "money, ...www.zenit.org/english/archive/9903/ZE990330.html - 33k - Cached - Similar pages JSTOR: Kicking, Stripping, and Re-Dressing a Saint in Black ...In the New World, images of the saints have provided privileged, ... Edir Macedo, usually speaking by telephone from outside Brazil, from New York or Buenos ...links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0018-2710(199711)37%3A2%3C122%3AKSARAS%3E2.0.CO%3B2-H - Similar pages Deliverance from evil?Church comes to town with controversial ...UCKG is a proactive church that goes out into the world to help people ... Edir Macedo Bezerra, who has been described as a Brazilian business tycoon, ...http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2007/ ... reputation - 32k - Cached - Similar pagesAKA known as Iglesia Universal....http://www.rickross.com/groups/universal.htmlDemons on BroadwayBishop Edir Macedo started out as an evangelical street preacher, ... dealer of the Cali cartel, which had agreed to help the church buy Rede Record. ...www.rickross.com/reference/universal/universal22.html - 42k - Cached - Similar pages Going for broke in the Universal Church of the Kingdom of GodIt is the work of a Rio de Janeiro lottery bureaucrat and former street preacher named Edir Macedo, who started the Pentecostal-style religion in 1977. ...www.apologeticsindex.org/news1/an010715-18.html - 39k - Cached - Similar pages Religion's HypocrisyEdir Macedo, is under investigation for suspicion of evading taxes, ... $350000 which federal agents led him believe came from a Columbian drug cartel. ...www.mlode.com/~ra/ra7/religion'shypocrisy.htm - 193k - Cached - Similar pages Black Collar Crimes, Freethought Today, January-February 199Edir Macedo, is under investigation for suspicion of evading taxes, defrauding followers and receiving money from the Cali cocaine cartel in Columbia. ...ffrf.org/fttoday/1996/jan_feb96/betrayal.html - 48k - Cached - Similar pages LA Weekly - General - Demons on Broadway - Joseph Treviño - The ...Along the way, Macedo has become a multimillionaire who draws criticism like ... more than a giant money-laundering operation for the Colombian drug cartel. ...http://www.laweekly.com/general/feature ... 95/?page=1 - 67k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages Catholic World News : CONTROVERSIAL THEOLOGIAN DEFENDS BRAZIL ...... founded by the Brazilian leader Edir Macedo, the controversial theologian ... received financial support from the drug cartel of Cali, Colombia. ...www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=10 - 30k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages Brazil Press, Media, TV, Radio, NewspapersIts controversial leader, the self-appointed Bishop Edir Macedo, was investigated in the early 1990s for alleged links to a Colombian drug cartel, ...www.pressreference.com/Be-Co/Brazil.html - 81k - Cached - Similar pages CMI Brasil - BORIS CASOY: FUNDADOR DO CCC MENTE COM CONVICÇÃO- [ Translate this page ]Na busca de Escobar, a norte-americana Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) chegou ... O brasileiro que negocia a compra de drogas com o Cartel do Valle é ...www.midiaindependente.org/pt/blue/2003/07/259779.shtml - 76k - Cached - Similar pages THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS AND THE CRISIS OF CHRISTIANITYBogota is of course the capital of the drug cartel with its kingpin Pablo ... Edir Macedo, a religious entrepreneur in the style of Pat Robertson runs an ...http://www.scribd.com/doc/46201/THE-DEA ... RISTIANITY - 571k - May 20, 2007 - Cached - Similar pages 758 Portugal 653 Lisboa 351 Porto 339 PSD 285 Europa 273 PS 228 ...- [ Translate this page ]... 1 Johnny 1 Ray=Bradbury 1 Cartier-Bresson 1 Edir=Macedo 1 Gherardo=Cazzago ... 1 Secretaria=de=Estado=das=Comunidades=Portuguesas 1 Cartel=de=Medellin 1 ...acdc.linguateca.pt/acesso/tokens/lista.lemas.PROP.cetempublicoprmi.txt - 400k - Cached - Similar pages

http://allafrica.com/stories/200705231004.html
R Croxford

re

Post by R Croxford »

I lived in Hell Paso for 2 years, Fort Bliss. Do some homework on that place. Some cool shit has gone down in Bliss. That is .5 miles from Juarez, I could smell that shit hole at night.
Peace