That Pesky Remington XP-100

JFK Assassination
Kirk

Re: That Pesky Remington XP-100

Post by Kirk »

Joe,Personally I would change many things about the past, but of course that isn't allowed, unless we can travel in time. Mainly I try to learn from it where I can. The cliche is that we are doomed to repeat what we do not learn from the past, which has a truth about it, if we look at history. My bigger fear is that we also forget the good as well in our past, and that it can be repeated as well.I was a real little fellow in 64, but I have often imagined being in Dealey that day, and what I might do then and there, and later. I tend to feel that I would have fallen for the fraud as most did because believing otherwise can be a lonely business. My hope is that I would have over time become more aware, but you never know.
andries

Post by andries »

ss agent or agents covering a shooter,if we go on like this poor old nowhere man Gordon Arnhold comes up in my mind i never really doubted him dispitethat he was a funny caracterYaborough made a fine riddle out off him and had said , just enough to not brutaly reject Arnholds statement
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Kirk wrote:Joe,Personally I would change many things about the past, but of course that isn't allowed, unless we can travel in time. Mainly I try to learn from it where I can. The cliche is that we are doomed to repeat what we do not learn from the past, which has a truth about it, if we look at history. My bigger fear is that we also forget the good as well in our past, and that it can be repeated as well.I was a real little fellow in 64, but I have often imagined being in Dealey that day, and what I might do then and there, and later. I tend to feel that I would have fallen for the fraud as most did because believing otherwise can be a lonely business. My hope is that I would have over time become more aware, but you never know.We didn't have a way of finding out anything except what the news people was telling us.A terrible communist sympathiser had shot the president and a real american communist hater killed him so the score was even.Even though we all trusted the government and the news media i can recall a nagging feeling all was not well.i was born and raised in southern Indiana and to me Texas was a million miles away and must be some kind of mystical place where the cowboys shot the guns out of the hands of the bad guys and rode off into the sunset with a beautiful lady, playing his guitar and singing love songs to her. Damm was I ever wrong.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Joe,Understood and agreed about Texas. I am a native of course, and doubt many love or hate the state more then I do. At one time I felt we were nicest people you could meet, and some still are, but we have changed with the times and growth of population. Of course Oklahoma is a natural border rival, which can't be helped much. I still feel a sense of what Texas was when I head out south and west towards Big Bend. My ancestors fought at San Jacinto, and I always wonder what they would think of the place now. Dallas to me is blight on the state, even though I have real good friends that live there. Dealey Plaza is a disgrace, not just because of what happened, but what has happened since.We didn't have a way of finding out anything except what the news people was telling us.A terrible communist sympathiser had shot the president and a real american communist hater killed him so the score was even.Even though we all trusted the government and the news media i can recall a nagging feeling all was not well.i was born and raised in southern Indiana and to me Texas was a million miles away and must be some kind of mystical place where the cowboys shot the guns out of the hands of the bad guys and rode off into the sunset with a beautiful lady, playing his guitar and singing love songs to her. Damm was I ever wrong. [/quote]
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

I need some help.does anyone knowWho was William R Dobkins
Bob

Post by Bob »

Dealey Joe wrote:I need some help.does anyone knowWho was William R DobkinsSee this Joe...http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archi ... d=98738and this...http://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/fi ... apers.html
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

wht do you make of this guy