My sister

JFK Assassination
ThomZajac

Re: My sister

Post by ThomZajac »

So sorry this happened Wim, but glad to hear your sister's condition is improving- may the days ahead be good ones for her and for you as well.
jfkanon

Post by jfkanon »

Prayers and wishes for a fast and full recovery.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Wim,I noticed that you just posted a question, which I could not really answer. But I and I am sure many others on the forum would like to know how your sister is doing.Thanks,Kirk
Bob

Post by Bob »

Kirk wrote:Wim,I noticed that you just posted a question, which I could not really answer. But I and I am sure many others on the forum would like to know how your sister is doing.Thanks,KirkI can't speak for Wim about Heleen's current situation, but I do know from communicating with Wim about a week ago, that his sister was released from intensive care and put into a private room. To me, that is definite progress. Brain injuries are difficult to gauge. I had a similar injury. In fact, I was scheduled for surgery the same day I came out of my coma and the swelling around my brain decreased. Luckily surgery was avoided. Still, I spent a month in the hospital and rehab center, plus it took me awhile when I got home to truly understand the reality of what had happened. Every case is different. It seems to me that Heleen is making slow, but steady progress. Getting out of intensive care was a big step forward.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Thanks Bob for the information. I read that you had suffered an brain injury before, but had healed from it. I had a bout with fungal type of meningitis, which swelled my brain, if not my head. Mine wasn't so bad incomparisons to others. I got most of my bad memories back for good measure, but still working on getting back everything. Short memory can be a problem, but as you have said on behalf of Wim's sister Heleen that steady progress is a great sign.Bob wrote:Kirk wrote:Wim,I noticed that you just posted a question, which I could not really answer. But I and I am sure many others on the forum would like to know how your sister is doing.Thanks,KirkI can't speak for Wim about Heleen's current situation, but I do know from communicating with Wim about a week ago, that his sister was released from intensive care and put into a private room. To me, that is definite progress. Brain injuries are difficult to gauge. I had a similar injury. In fact, I was scheduled for surgery the same day I came out of my coma and the swelling around my brain decreased. Luckily surgery was avoided. Still, I spent a month in the hospital and rehab center, plus it took me awhile when I got home to truly understand the reality of what had happened. Every case is different. It seems to me that Heleen is making slow, but steady progress. Getting out of intensive care was a big step forward.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Kirk, I'm glad to hear you have gotten better from your medical situation as well. Anything with swelling around the brain is serious. I'm still not totally recovered. I have memory loss as well. My temper is a LOT shorter. I sometimes make writing errors and spelling errors that I never would have before. Physically, I'm also limited, especially because of my back issues. But I'm still here. Lot's of folks that have brain trauma don't get that same luxury. You and I are examples of those who have conquered our afflictions for the most part. I hope Heleen joins us very soon.
Phil Dragoo

Here comes the sun

Post by Phil Dragoo »

Great to hear the good news of Heleen, and praying for more to come in time.Kirk, and Bob, your testimonies can't be by chance. What a glad synchronicity.In rereading the accident account, how quickly the happy day is punctuated.'74 I drove Roger's truck with the ten large speakers for the Gladys Knight & The Pips concert in Toledo. Just off the Ohio Turnpike doing 35 in a 50, here comes 18-year-old Dorothy L. Fulce in a 1968 Pontiac running a light to appear in our path--and whammo. So good that such care has been given, and all of us holding the very best thoughts.