The Driver Theory

JFK Assassination
dankbaar

Re: The Driver Theory

Post by dankbaar »

Bob

Post by Bob »

To me, it was never about Bill Greer shooting JFK, a theory I always thought was ridiculous, but more in terms of Greer's driving that day. As soon as the first shots rang out, Greer should have been like A.J. Foyt and driven quickly out of the sniper zone like a bat out of hell. But Greer slowed up the car and made the fatal head shot (or shots, if you include Nicoletti) that much easier. To me, that was Greer's cardinal sin. And it definitely cost JFK his life.
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

right on the money bob and i agree with ya.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Here is more information on Bill Greer...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_GreerIt sounds like some in the SS didn't care for his driving that day, nor did Jackie Kennedy obviously. And if you read this, Greer did much more than drive the car that day in Dallas.
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

thank you for posting that bob. that was very interesting
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

Most probable Bill greer did not shoot, because from that angle he could have hit "Oswald" on the sixth floor and if "Oswald" fell off the window, he would have been in Nicolettis line of fire, so that Nicoletti would have had to shoot around the flying Oswald and most probably hit the radio of Orlando Bosch and the deflected bullet might have hit Landsdale in the bushes next to Files ... Also splitting the glass in front of Connally would have frightened him to early so that he would have thrown his bullet-evidence-hat out of the car and blocked Files vision ... So no, the driver was it not!
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

ChristophMessner wrote:Most probable Bill greer did not shoot, because from that angle he could have hit "Oswald" on the sixth floor and if "Oswald" fell off the window, he would have been in Nicolettis line of fire, so that Nicoletti would have had to shoot around the flying Oswald and most probably hit the radio of Orlando Bosch and the deflected bullet might have hit Landsdale in the bushes next to Files ... Also splitting the glass in front of Connally would have frightened him to early so that he would have thrown his bullet-evidence-hat out of the car and blocked Files vision ... So no, the driver was it not!i agree with you on that christopher well said.
John Beckham

Post by John Beckham »

i always thought the Greer shot theory made people like us look really paranoid, gullable...when Greer looks over his shoulder, the limo brakes. it's a natural instinct to slow down when not looking at the road. besides, would you think they wouldn't have taken that out/or edited it from the Z film? instead, Roy Kellerman had a very shiny head, you would even say it glowed! Greer shot believers would have you think they edited the gun into Roy's hair! it would have made a shot harder to do if the car was first steady, broke (not a stop) then suddenly speeds up? if you're watching his head through a scope, you're looking to shoot slightly ahead on your moving target. unexpected movements make it hard. Files even misses his shot from movement. aiming for his eye, he hits the side, temple area. Bill Greer was not a highly trained, highly educated agent. With a 10th grade education, he was a chauffeur by trade, and after joining the Secret Service, was assigned as a uniformed officer, walking a beat at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. When later assigned to the White House, he ran errands for the White House kitchen, and became Mrs Eisenhower's primary driver. He became JFK's driver after the 1960 election through simple seniority. Note how Greer says in his testimony "I was the senior agent assigned to him, to drive him". In other words, he was not assigned a protection responsibility, he was simply a driver.Mr. SPECTER. How long have you been with the Secret Service Department? Mr. GREER. I have been with the Secret Service Department since October 1, 1945. Mr. SPECTER. What is your educational background? Mr. GREER. I have just education in public schools in Ireland, really. Mr. SPECTER. And-- Mr. GREER. I took courses here in this country. Mr. SPECTER. Are you a high school graduate, then? Mr. GREER. Well, I have 2 years of high school. Mr. SPECTER. And when did you complete this educational background? Mr. GREER. I have to go back now. Mr. SPECTER. Approximately. Mr. GREER. About 1924 or 1925. Mr. SPECTER. Would you outline in a general way what your activities have been since that time, up until your joining the Secret Service, please? Mr. GREER. Yes, sir. I was born and raised on farmwork, a farmer. And I done that until I came to this country in February 1930. I worked for a period of time--I lived in Boston for a little while. I worked one summer on the estate of Henry Cabot Lodge. I was a chauffeur for a family in Brookline, Mass., for about a year. And then I went to New York, Dobbs Ferry, N.Y. I lived there for 13 years as a chauffeur for a private family in Dobbs Ferry, N.Y. Then I went in the Navy in November 1942. I got discharged on September 18, 1945. Mr. SPECTER. What were your principal duties while in the Navy? Mr. GREER. I was seaman first class. I did almost 2 years at Bainbridge, Md., with the seaman guard there. And then I was assigned to the presidential yacht in May 1944, until I was discharged in September. But most of my duty was at the White House in that period, that year. Mr. SPECTER. And how long after discharge from the Navy was it before you joined the U.S. Secret Service? Mr. GREER. Well, I got out of the Navy September 18 and October 1 I went with the Secret Service--a matter of 14 or 15 days. Mr. SPECTER. Describe your duties since joining the Secret Service, please. Mr. GREER. Since joining the Secret Service I was assigned to the uniform force at first with the Secret Service at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. For about 2 years I was with the physical education part of it. We had a gymnasium there. I was an instructor there part-time part of the time. And then I was assigned for about 2 years to pick up the food of the President at the White House. I had that duty for about 2 years. And then I went back to the Treasury for a short period, a few months. And then I was reassigned to the White House as an agent in November--1950 I went there. I was made a full agent that following August 1951. I was there as a special officer from November to August 1951. Mr. SPECTER. And have you been assigned to the White House staff since that time? Mr. GREER. Yes, sir; I have been there ever since. Mr. SPECTER. And while assigned at the White House staff, how much of your duty has involved driving the President's car? Mr. GREER. Well, I drove the followup car for quite a long time you know, off and on. And then I drove the President at intervals during President Truman's and President Eisenhower's terms. I was also assigned a great many times to Mrs. Eisenhower. When she left Washington, I was always assigned to her, to travel with her. And I have been assigned to the President, to drive the President, since election day, with President Kennedy. I was the senior agent assigned to him, to drive him.
MikeNarrett

Post by MikeNarrett »

The Driver Theory, to me at least, is ridiculous. In the Z film, when the driver turns around you see the alleged "gun" that he points back to shoot JFK. Well, if indeed it really was a gun, and if he did indeed shoot JFK, wouldn't there have been some kind of kick or some kind of flash? You see neither on the film.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

MikeNarrett wrote:The Driver Theory, to me at least, is ridiculous. In the Z film, when the driver turns around you see the alleged "gun" that he points back to shoot JFK. Well, if indeed it really was a gun, and if he did indeed shoot JFK, wouldn't there have been some kind of kick or some kind of flash? You see neither on the film.The driver-with-the-gun theory is really what gives people like a bad image. What they're talking about above mainly is the driver's slow, very slow, reaction...rifles shots and all, and he (the driver) is putting the BRAKES on. He almost comes to a complete stop! LOL The driver is, at the very least, guilty of not doing his job properly.