Vince Lombardi and JFK

JFK Assassination
kenmurray

Re: Vince Lombardi and JFK

Post by kenmurray »

Jim Taylor and Paul were great running backs in the 60's. But another running back in that era was one of my favorites whose career was cut short:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M9amJhE1UE
Bob

Post by Bob »

kenmurray wrote:Jim Taylor and Paul were great running backs in the 60's. But another running back in that era was one of my favorites whose career was cut short:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M9amJhE1UEAh yes...the Kansas Comet. The Lombardi Packers always had trouble with Gale Sayers, although the Packers won 5 out of 6 games vs. Da Bears and Sayers when Vince was coach. But most of the games were VERY close. In 1968, after Vince had moved up to the GM position of the Pack and was no longer coach, Sayers gained 205 yards in a game against the Pack. It was shortly before his severe knee injury vs. the 49ers ironically. Vince and the Pack were also very successful against the great Jim Brown. I think they were 4-0 against the Browns, including the 1965 NFL championship game when the Pack held Brown to 50 yards rushing, while Hornung and Taylor had over 200 yards in the Packers 23-12 win over the Browns.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Damn KenDon't ask Bob what time it is,He will tell you how to build a clock
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Dealey Joe wrote:Damn KenDon't ask Bob what time it is,He will tell you how to build a clock Bob, has a great memory when it comes to sports. That's why he's such a good writer.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Agreed, but I have to rib him a bit.he is getting a BIG HEAD with al his fame seriously though, I think he forgot his anniversary or his wife's birthday once
Bob

Post by Bob »

Dealey Joe wrote:Agreed, but I have to rib him a bit.he is getting a BIG HEAD with al his fame seriously though, I think he forgot his anniversary or his wife's birthday once Nope...if that happened I'd be a free agent. Pam's birthday was the day Vince Lombardi was hired by the Packers, and also the birthday of our new pup...Vince. I never forgot the anniversary either...this year (later this month) will mark our 24th year together as man and wife. That being said, I still forget a LOT of stuff. However, sports is one area where I am usually pretty good in terms of my memory. But just like with the JFK assassination research information, it NEVER hurts to bone up on stuff and reinforce some material.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

You have an awesome memory.at one time I had also but the lat few years have taken a toll on my short term memory.I must apologise for bringing up so much old stuff here all the time.everything that happens brings up old memories.I always tried to do all I could so I wouldn't be setting around at an old age wishing I had done this or that.now I think about all those things and it makes me sad, go figure
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Gale Sayers was one of my first football heros. He ran as though he was in a slightly different universal existence. Watching the video of his highlights brought back memories, especially set to music, but for some reason when I watched him as a child there seemed to be music playing already.Bob.... Green Bay did well against everybody in the 60's. They were the Green Bay Packers!! In truth though both Cleveland and Chicago were much more one dimensional offenses, but who wouldn't be, if you could hand the ball off to Jim Brown or Gale Sayers.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Well all you sports fans this thread brings up another old and fond memory of distant past,my favorite teams to watch on Sundays were the Jet's and the Bill'smy favorite bowl, damn look at the roster, Namath,Snell, boozer, Sauer,Maynard, Lammons,Morrall,Biggs,Grantham,Beverly,Smith. Don't get no better than this, Damn, gives me goose bumps.Remember when the Colts slipped out of Baltimore and moved ti Indianapolis in the middle of the night?That damn near started world war three.Super Bowl III Team RostersNew York Jets Baltimore Colts == Offense ==Schmitt, John C Curry, Bill C Rasmussen, Randy G Ressler, Glenn G Talamini, Bob G Sullivan, Dan G Herman, Dave T Ball, Sam T Hill, Winston T Vogel, Bob T Lammons, Pete TE Mackey, John TEMaynard, Don WR Orr, Jimmy WRSauer, George Jr. WR Richardson, Willie WRBoozer, Emerson RB Hill, Gerald RBSnell, Matt RB Matte, Tom RBNamath, Joe QB Morrall, Earl QB == Defense ==Elliott, D. John DT Miller, Fred D. DT Rochester, Paul DT Smith, Billy Ray Sr. DT Biggs, Verlon DE Braase, Ordell DE Philbin, Gerry DE Smith, Bubba DE Baker, Ralph OLB Curtis, James OLBGrantham, Larry OLB Shinnick, Don OLBAtkinson, Al MLB Gaubatz, Dennis MLBBeverly, Randy CB Boyd, Bobby CB Sample, Johnny CB Lyles, Lenny CB Baird, Bill FS Volk, Rick FS Hudson, Jim SS Logan, Jerry SS Bob you need to do an article on this?
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Bob needs to do an article on this team too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5e78jF6ilU