MANNLICHER CARCANO v. 7.65 MAUSER

JFK Assassination
RobertP

Re: MANNLICHER CARCANO v. 7.65 MAUSER

Post by RobertP »

Here is an exploded view of the Carcano action and magazine. Note the elevator bar (025) in the upright or "clip empty" position. The spring for the elevator bar (028) can be seen as well.

Bruce Patrick Brychek

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

Dear Mr. Robert P:Robert - You have Posted an interesting Headline, which led to a veryinformative, and knowledgeable discussion of this subject matter.Several great JFK Murder Solved Forum Members contributed intelligently.In addition you have personally contributed more information on thissubject matter than I was heretofore aware of. I learned much that will benefit me in my own analyses, investigations, reading, research,study, and writings.At least for me, you have educated me greatly with specific, documentedinformation that I learned much from. This allows me to further otheranalyses that are of particular interest to me, and friends of mine. Wehave very focused areas of study, for very specific goals, and purposes.This is worth reviewing and analyzing from many angles that may benefitothers here in many ways. Certainly this is worthy of focused study andanalysis from many points of view by other Members here.A great contribution to the JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readersin my opinion.I look forward to further contributions, evaluations, and interpretations onthis subject matter.Comments ?Respectfully,BB.
RobertP

Post by RobertP »

Thank you for the compliments, Bruce. My wife just likes to say I'm long winded. Yes, the intricacies of the 6.5mm Carcano short rifle are very intriguing and probably the most overlooked and misunderstood factor of this entire murder case. While I have dealt fairly extensively with the rifle itself, I have only touched on the cartridge and bullet aspects. There are things here, as well, that, once understood, will cause readers to doubt the ability of the 6.5x52mm Carcano to perform all the feats we have witnessed in the Zapruder film.I started typing a post about the bullet and cartridge a few days ago but, it got so long and involved, I erased it and decided to start afresh. Give me a day or two and I'll try again.Bob
RobertP

Post by RobertP »

"The 6.5 mm bullet, when fired, is like a flying drill," says Art Pence, a competitions firearms expert. Some game hunters use the 6.5 mm shell to bring down animals as large as elephants." ~~Gerald Posner~~ "Case Closed"The above statement, by Posner, does not refer specifically to the 6.5 Carcano; although the rifle it refers to, the 6.5x54 mm Mannlicher-Schoenauer, shoots an almost identical bullet at about the same muzzle velocity as the 6.5 Carcano.

RobertP

Post by RobertP »

Hello againNow that we are aware that ALL 6.5/.256 rifles, except for the 6.5x54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer and the 6.5x52 Carcano, shoot a bullet .264" in diameter, I would like to share some photos that will reveal some oddities about the Warren Commission's evidence. Once again, the 6.5 M-S requires a bullet .266" in diameter and the 6.5 Carcano requires a bullet .268" in diameter.Below are, in order, photos of CE 399 (the "magic" bullet) allegedly fired from LHO's 6.5 Carcano M91/38, a "Hornady Special" .266" diameter jacketed bullet fired from a 6.5 Carcano (model unknown) and a Lee 170 grain "Cruise Missile" bullet .268" in diameter fired from a "M38 Carcano Carbine". The notations on the last photo are in error as to rifle model but, considering the confusion surrounding Carcano model designations, can be forgiven. If the rifle were a M38, it would be 7.35 calibre and not 6.5 calibre. What was probably meant is the rifle was a M91/38 short rifle of 6.5 calibre. It may very well have been a carbine, although many are unaware of the distinction the Italians made between a carbine (17" barrel) and a short rifle such as LHO's alleged weapon (22" barrel).

imagesCA2OK25Q.jpg (7.64 KiB) Viewed 28106 times

kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

What is wrong with this picture of the Carcano?The clip is hanging out the bottom of the magazine. this should not be possible unless the clip was damaged?
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

The Mauser, the Carcano, and the Lt. Day rifle:http://www.ctka.net/2016/JosephsRifle.pdf
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Oswald got "very very lucky" says a Chicago gunsmith;http://newsarchive.medill.northwestern. ... Y.facebook