Concept article by Alan Eaglesham

JFK Assassination
dankbaar

Re: Headstamps

Post by dankbaar »

Dan wrote:None of the headstamps shown with the dot or short dash from 1963 and earlier are from .222 cartridges.Is there any proof of a Remington .222 cartridge with the dot or short dash from 1963?

The cartridges were not fired from the same gun according to a ballistics expert here in the Netherlands. But his opinion is not conclusive proof foor such a statement.

There is no proof that the casing with a short dash is from 1963. There is no proof for the opposite either. Most people claim that the short dash headstamps were not in production in 1963. There are also people who claim it was.

Wim
Dan

Mil Spec?

Post by Dan »

They could be mil spec cartridges - I'm working on that research.

This is a big issue! I am very surprised that not much more is made of it. What does Mr. Files have to say about it - where did he get his ammo?
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

James Files just told what he did with his cartridge. He never saw the cartridge found by Rademacher, and never claimed it was the cartridge he bit and left there. Bob Vernon did that.

Files got this ammo from Wolfman, as you should know if you've seen the interviews. Where Wolfman got it, I don't know.

Wim