Remembering RFK

JFK Assassination
Bob

Re: Remembering RFK

Post by Bob »

ThomZajac wrote:Here's something about RFK regarding the JFK assassination that makes sense, but I'd not considered until recently.RFK was key element in the coverup.He had been working on plans to overthrow/assassinate Castro, and the planners of the JFK assassination duped him into thinking that those plans had somehow led to JFK's death (Castro or the mafia).RFK therefore felt responsible for his brother's death. He knew it had been a conspiracy, but he was fundamentally wrong about what kind, and believed it was important to protect state secrets- and his role in them- and to prevent a possible nuclear war over the whole thing.Eventually, perhaps many months or years later, he put all the pieces together, but he knew he would needed the power of the presidency to do anything about it.Why else would he as Attorney General have been so unmotivated to ensure that a proper investigation was carried out?By the way, this cover story RFK may have bought then is the same cover story still being bought (and peddled) by Thom Hartmann and Lamar Waldron in Legacy of Secrecy.I tend to agree with your take Thom.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

Must have been delicious for the planners to have RFK play a prominent role in the coverup.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

ThomZajac wrote:Must have been delicious for the planners to have RFK play a prominent role in the coverup.Thom, I believe the main reason RFK played a role in the coverup was because he was being blackmailed by Hoover who knew of RFK's affair with Marilyn Monroe. We all know LBJ hated RFK with a passion, so LBJ had his best bud Hoover blackmail RFK.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

That makes sense too, Hoover tried to blackmail everyone- and he in turn was being blackmailed by the mafia/CIA (gay photos). Note: Our two ideas are not mutually exclusive.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Here is another interesting article that refers to the RFK assassination and REAL killer of Bobby...http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2002 ... 204987.txt
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Bob

Post by Bob »

kenmurray wrote:RFK Assassination As It Happened:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRy2R10t ... elatedOnce again...nice job Ken. It's still painful to watch though.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Bob wrote:kenmurray wrote:RFK Assassination As It Happened:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRy2R10t ... elatedOnce again...nice job Ken. It's still painful to watch though. Thanks Bob. I remember that day vividly. I woke up as I always did on sat mornings before 7am. One of the 3 stations (no cable back then of course) had Our Gang comedies on every sat. Well I turn on the TV and coverage of RFK was on all three stations. I was glued to those events. Sad indeed.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Me too. My mom woke me up and we watched the events unfold together. I was also an altar boy at the time (no issues with any priests thankfully), and I had to serve the early mass the next morning. When I got to church, I told the priest for the mass what had happened earlier that night. He literally fell back and was in shock for a moment. He had trouble getting through the mass and when he announced the news to the few people that were in church at the time there were shreiks and some cried. Talk about surreal.Then when RFK died, at his funeral, I was sitting on the couch next to my grandma, and she was holding me sobbing uncontrollably. It was deja vu, as the same thing had happened when we watched JFK's funeral when I was VERY young.
Pennyworth

Post by Pennyworth »

Bob wrote:kenmurray wrote:RFK Assassination As It Happened:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRy2R10t ... elatedOnce again...nice job Ken. It's still painful to watch though. On 2:11-2:14 of the first link , the man to the right of RFK looks somewhat like N.Rockefeller...just my opinion...