Gary Mack-isms

JFK Assassination
ChristophMessner

Re: Gary Mack-isms

Post by ChristophMessner »

Let's not forget, that Gary Mack is not the only one, who perpetuates this Oswald prejudice all over the world ...
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

ChristophMessner wrote:Let's not forget, that Gary Mack is not the only one, who perpetuates this Oswald prejudice all over the world ...That's true. Why give Mack all the credit? LOL
Pasquale DiFabrizio

For those of you who are not familiar with the issue regarding Gary Mack and his disinformation, take a look at this thread. Even Wim got involved in this one.
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

which is why you cannot help but love the awesome wim the debate i read wim had with gary mack was absolutely beautiful i was rooting for wim when i read that. Wim is absolutely legendary you just gotta love him.
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

Recently Gary Mack mailed this to me: "I take my research very seriously and despair at the goofy information out there that wastes people's time and reflects badly on others. Take my salary, for instance. Groden claims to have been offered the Museum's director position for $180,000 a year. Well, the story he told me at the time - some 20 years ago - was that the director suggested that he consider applying for the position. My understanding is that Groden was never offered the job by the Museum's Board of Directors, and they are the only ones who hire the Museum's director.I applied for a different position four or five years after that and, as Curator, I have a ways to go before my salary reaches six figures.The director's responsibilities include that he/she be neutral, as is the Museum; Groden clearly does not qualify. I do not have that restriction as long as my personal opinion is clearly stated as my own.So you, like a lot of people, are once again seriously misled by bad information. What a shame!"
Pasquale DiFabrizio

ChristophMessner wrote:Recently Gary Mack mailed this to me: "I take my research very seriously and despair at the goofy information out there that wastes people's time and reflects badly on others. Take my salary, for instance. Groden claims to have been offered the Museum's director position for $180,000 a year. Well, the story he told me at the time - some 20 years ago - was that the director suggested that he consider applying for the position. My understanding is that Groden was never offered the job by the Museum's Board of Directors, and they are the only ones who hire the Museum's director.I applied for a different position four or five years after that and, as Curator, I have a ways to go before my salary reaches six figures.The director's responsibilities include that he/she be neutral, as is the Museum; Groden clearly does not qualify. I do not have that restriction as long as my personal opinion is clearly stated as my own.So you, like a lot of people, are once again seriously misled by bad information. What a shame!"Hey Christoph,Here's Mack's message to you boiled down to what it actually says. Let's look at it, shall we? LOL It LOOKS like he's addressing the salary issue. Remember that his salary is at issue here because a lot of losers would sell out for even HALF of $180,000 per year. Then he said that he has "a ways to go" before he reaches six-figures, right? What does that mean? I guess if he's making $80,000 or $90,000, that's still only five figures. Also, even if they did offer Groden $180,000 per year, it doesn't mean they'd offer Mack the same thing. In any profession, people are paid drastically different amounts to do the same work because their experience is different. I know people who do MY work who get paid HALF of what I get paid because they're simply not as experienced. Then he says that his understanding is that Groden told him that "...director suggested that he consider applying for the position..." This might actually be a true statement, and it might not be. It still doesn't refute or negate what Groden said about being offerred the job for $180,000. It also doesn't refute or negate what Groden said about one of the conditions of accepting that job was that he could NOT support any conspiracy theory regarding the assassination. Again, it seems that Mack is making it LOOK like he addressed the issues to you, but he hasn't. Lastly, he has now called Groden a liar. So, there you have it. I know one thing. I couldn't BELIEVE it when he was in that documentary I saw. I STILL gave him the benefit of the doubt at the time and thought that maybe they had edited the footage and made it LOOK like he was supporting the Oswald-did-it-alone idea. After reading his e-mail exchange with Wim, I didn't give him a break anymore. After hearing what Groden said, I REALLY didn't give him any sort of break at all. I'd like to know what books or materials are sold or presented at the 6th Floor Museum that support a conspiracy theory regarding the assassination. Are any of Jim Marrs books sold there? Are any of Groden's books sold there? I feel that he is doing a great disservice to the public with his disinformation. Honestly, how could someone actually have the opinion that it's a THEORY that the Warren Commission is wrong and that there is not "hard" evidence to support a conspiracy? What exactly constitutes evidence that is "hard." Is that the kind of evidence that the Warren Commission used? Is he kidding?
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Remember this.When people deceive, they don't usually make flat-out false statements unless they HAVE to in order to deceive. Lying or making false statements is a part of the larger set or group of DECEPTION.Most people will take the easiest route and then choose the next easiest route if the easiest is not possible.So, for example, most people will change the subject first when asked about an issue. If they can't change the subject and they still want to deceive, they'll make it look like they've answered the question without actually answering it. Here, for example, he says he has a ways to go before he makes a six figure salary. Okay, that doesn't really say much at all other than he's implying that he's making less than $100,000 per year. Well, his salary would still be an issue even if he were making only $70,000 a year or even $60,000 a year. So, what IS his salary? Another route of deception is to make truthful statements and LEAVING OUT the relevant information. So, for example, he might be telling the truth that Groden told him that the director advised him to look into the job. That doesn't mean that Groden wasn't offerred the job even if his "understanding" is that Groden was not offered the job. See? Lastly, if they cannot just gloss over the relevant information, they'll resort to making false statements. Remember, people who are trying very hard to deceive put a lot of time into thinking about what they say. So, even if Mack says that there is no "hard" evidence to support a conspiracy, he could still be making a truthful statement DEPENDING ON HIS DEFINITION OF WHAT "HARD" EVIDENCE. In this example, one of the best ways to refute that statement is by comparison. So, for example, after making that statement, one might ask him what "hard" evidence did the Warren Commission use to come to their conclusions? How does that "hard" evidence compare to the type of "hard" evidence that would support a conspiracy theory? Just remember, disinformation people will try and avoid at all costs making false statements or telling lies unless they HAVE TO. They usually deceive in other ways so they're less likely to be caught in their lies. Anyway, that's just a little food for thought.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

ChristophMessner wrote:Recently Gary Mack mailed this to me: "...The director's responsibilities include that he/she be neutral, as is the Museum; Groden clearly does not qualify. I do not have that restriction as long as my personal opinion is clearly stated as my own.I'd like to know what books or materials are sold or presented at the 6th Floor Museum that support a conspiracy theory regarding the assassination. Are any of Jim Marrs books sold there? Are any of Groden's books sold there? Is any analysis from Cyril Wecht presented in that museum? Is any of the James Files information material presented there? Maybe Mark Lane's books Rush To Judgement or Plausible Denial are presented or sold there? Neutral, eh? I don't think so.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Here's a link to the 6th Floor Museum website showing books they sell on-line. https://store.jfk.org/Product_List.asp?Category=Books
Bob

Post by Bob »

Gary Mack is masked behind the propaganda of those that were behind the Warren Report in the JFK assassination, and like those in the Bu$h administration who told lies about EVERYTHING, including 9/11, Iraq, illegal wiretapping and torture. The BIGGER the lie the better. Guess who wrote about the BIG LIE theory? Well, it was somebody that Prescott Bu$h admired enough to invest in and profit from. It was somebody that Dumbya Bu$h was very similar to, as he too was in a bubble, invaded sovereign countries without cause, spied on his own people, did not listen to his own Generals and tortured his enemies. Who am I talking about??? Adolph Hitler. Please see this...The source of Big Lie technique, from Chapter 10 of Mein Kampf:... in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.—Adolf Hitler , Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X Joseph Goebbels would have been proud of Fox News, the Warren Report and people like Gary Mack.