Col. Prouty & James Files

JFK Assassination
steve manning

Col. Prouty & James Files

Post by steve manning »

Realizing that James Files apparently knew and worked with Col. Prouty, did anyone ever ask the Col. about Files before he passed in 2001? There must have been a 6 or 7 year window of possible opportunity after Files initial confession in 93 or 94. As far as I know however, I don't think Files made his relationship with the Col. known until his other interview in 2003, which is obviously after the Col. passed? I was just curious if anyone has any other feed back on this matter?ThanksSteve
ThomZajac

Re: Col. Prouty & James Files

Post by ThomZajac »

Awesome question, Steve.Perhaps the best Prouty authority on the planet is former Santa Cruzian, David Ratcliffe, who spent quite a bit of time with the Colonel. I've lost touch with him over the years, but he has website ('rat' something or other) and I will see if I can track him down- it may take me a while to begin, so if you want to give it a whack, by all means. (And please tell David I say hi).
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

I'm pretty sure this is his site-www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

This site is good too-www.prouty.org/fletch4.html
SeamusCoogan

Post by SeamusCoogan »

I think if you asked Len or Dave I think you would probably be dissapointed. Prouty had a lot of people serve under him. For him to remember them all would be massive.Considering where Prouty was stationed theres a possibility but Prouty, was not a covert operator like his friend Lansdale. Prouty, was an extremely intelligent attache, good pilot and analyst. But he was in his own words a coordinator of operations not the driving force of them.Its also important to also bare in mind the colonels general deceny. From, what I have read and listened to of him and judging by my conversations with Len. Prouty, was very careful of naming people of lower rank because they were more vulnerable to the power structure than he was. In regards to Files, even if he did serve under Prouty in some capacity Prouty would never mention him at all.
steve manning

Post by steve manning »

it makes sense that Prouty wouldn't volunteer the info, but I was actually curious if he was ever specifically asked.Steve
SeamusCoogan

Post by SeamusCoogan »

Yeah. Email them if you want bud. Im only speaking my opinion not stating fact.