THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TEXAS

JFK Assassination
Dealey Joe

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TEXAS

Post by Dealey Joe »

Things you need to knowA possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in texas. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in texas, plus a couple no ones seen before. If it grows, itll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha. Onced and Twiced are words. It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy! Jaw-P? means Did yall go to the bathroom? People actually grow and eat okra. Fixinto is one word. It means I'm fixing (about) to do that. It will happen! There is no such thing as lunch. There is only dinner and then there is supper. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar. Backards and forards means I know everything about you. The word jeet is actually a phrase meaning Did you eat? You dont have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until youre done or its too dark to see. You dont PUSH buttons, you MASH em. No, Jew? is a common response to the question, Did you bring any beer? You measure distance in minutes. You switch from heat to A/C in the same day. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal. You know what a DAWG is. You carry jumper cables in your car - for your OWN car. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, Tonys, Tabasco and ketchup. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports and motor sports, and gossip. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit a bit warm. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite pastime known as goin Wal-Martin or off to Wally World. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chicken stew weather. Fried catfish is the other white meat. We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive dag-nabbit. Thats all ya need ta know about Texas!
andries

Re: THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TEXAS

Post by andries »

Joe i like you, but i dont know if i like texas It,s flat, there are boring texas rangers arround were you dont want them, i read that there are still some 100 unfriendly bastardsoff them, why dont they sleep in the middle off the road ? after all they also were involved in a way to ques i prever colorado or california texas means proud ?
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Andries I think there atractive parts of all states.Texas has every type terain there is. their mountainous area is awesome.even the Arizona desert has its good points.V ery few rangers anyway.
andries

Post by andries »

I.ve never been in Arizona but i ques it will be beautiful as well perhaps next year i,l try to visit colorado again and perhaps texas if the pancake still stands and you pay the bill off course jully we go to lauterbrunnen zwitserland by car still some 500 miles from were we live, but more than wort visiting it spectaculair scenery and some bernese barkers and smelling cheese arround.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

yep! we will go to Old South Pancake House and you can can have anything on the menue.Martha recomends the German Pancake, it is quite good.Maybe we can get Katisha to come too and have a big pancake party.If you want to see raw beauty go to Idaho, Earnest Hemmingway said is the most awwesome scenery of anyplace else in the worldUploaded with ImageShack.usUploaded with ImageShack.usThere are some nice places in Texas tooUploaded with ImageShack.us
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

Dealey Joe wrote: Martha recomends the German Pancake, it is quite good. Didn't know they are called "German" over there, but they must be good then ... Texas sounds to be a very strange place to German ears (with the exception of the many cables in the cars), but I'm delighted to hear that each state in the US gradually developes it's own culture and dialect!
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

great picture, where is that?The Ol' South Pancake House where Files ate his first waffle has a specialty the call a German Pncake.There is a recipe on one of the threads.
ChristophMessner

That's castle Neuschwanstein built by King Ludwig II. in southern Bavaria. Is it this one?
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

yep! that is the "new" Ol' Souththe one Files ate in is gone. built an interstate hiway thru it.there is a picture of the old one on the Ol; South thread
ChristophMessner

Texan's must have a special wire to irony associating this building with "Old", haha. Compare this one from Germany: Oldest Restaurant in Germany, built in the 12th century. Ok, I'm bragging of things I did not contribute anything to. And I confess that in the US pancakes and many other things taste often better than anywhere else in the world, at least that is my experience! By the way, is it really impossible to do anything to get James Files out of prison finally?