Beginning of a Comprehensive list of Documentaries/Books...

JFK Assassination
M.C.Newton

Beginning of a Comprehensive list of Documentaries/Books...

Post by M.C.Newton »

I wanted to start thread asking what documentaries have you seen/books that you've read, in which you really came away with something. So I'll start the list in short in hopes that it grows and grows. Thanks for any participation.

Some really good documentaries that I've seen:

Orwell Rolls in His Grave - A doc. about the collusion of the media with the Gov't.
Why We Fight - A doc. about 9-11 / Iraq lies
Plan Colombia: Cashing in on the Drug War Failure - Examines death squads in Colombia, the eradication of Coca plants, and the politics of the Drug War
The Money Masters: How International Bankers Control America - Extremely comprehensive I think it's roughly 4 hours long in 2 parts, pretty dry but packed with info
The Iron Triangle - An in depth look at the Carlyle Group.

A couple a books:
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man - Gives an insiders perspective on the globalization machine. And the use of "economic colonialism" to get developing countries under our thumb.
The Creature from Jekyll Island - First book I read on Banking, blew my mind, haven't been the same since
M.C.Newton

Post by M.C.Newton »

So far 22 people have looked at this topic, and yet nobody has seen a documentary or read a book that's been influential to them? Interesting.

Anyway.

Here's another Documentary it's actually a 4 part Docu. called:

The Century of the Self (by Adam Curtis BBC4)

This ones really interesting it goes into a man named Bernays who is actually Freud's nephew. So Bernays is considered by many to be the father of Public Relations. And basically through using Freud's research and theories on the human psyche, Bernays claims that the people (citizenry of US) cannot be trusted to make good decisions on their own, and thus must be controlled through subtle techniques, such as a happy radio jingle, or later through commercials on television. In my opinion it really gives one perspective on how the public as a whole is actually thought of by the ruling elites (conservative or liberal). It is often said that if you don't know where your from, then you can't know where your going. This is one of the stumbling blocks of life in America, the absolute disappearance of our history, our real history.

Here is the opening paragraphs of Edward L. Bernays book Propaganda written in 1928. (Keep in mind this man was hired by all the major corporations and even worked with Presidents of this country)

The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of the country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live ogether as a smoothly funtioning society. Our invisible governors are, in many cases, unaware of the identity of their fellow members in the inner cabinet. They govern us by their qualities of natural leadership, their ability to supply needed ideas and by their key position in the social structure. Whatever attitude one chooses to take toward this condition, it remains a fact that in almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons--a trifling fraction of our hundred and twenty million--who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind, who harness old social forces and contrive new ways to bind and guide the world. [end exerpt]

and it goes on and on. The scary part is that it reads like an expose. But it's definitely not something the population would find easily accessible as it's basically a book for those it describes within it's pages.

The book is pretty easy to find in .pdf format on the internet, though.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

RESEARCH AND INVESTIGATION:

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

Dear M.C. Newton,

I have just reviewed your Post. I think that it an excellent idea. In fact so good that I have already posted over 120 books on JFK, CIA, FBI, Castro, Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia, RFK, Iraq, Iran, 09-11-2001, etc., etc., etc. And I have only received a few responses, also.
(NOTE: The website was crashed a few times. I did not re-post all of my book reviews. There are at least 10 + of my book reviews on there now.)

Also, I have posted articles, quotes, and attacks on JFK'S character, based upon known authorities, and only a very few valid responses.

But I think that "the cumulative intelligence" of the JFK Forum is growing.
It is better than it has ever been, in my opinion. There are some really Great Contributing Members, and I look forward to their Postings even though I don't always have time to respond to them.

Anyway, M.C. Newton, I support you effort, and will look at your Posts very
seriously from here on.

Respectfully,
Bruce Patrick Brychek.
M.C.Newton

Post by M.C.Newton »

Mr. Brychek

I appreciate your kind words, and your apparent want to find out about the inner workings of our government, past and present.

It is my and has been my "mission", for lack of a better word, to find out the truth about the way things work in this country. While I may still be a relatively young man I don't think that I lived through the "wild" years quite the same as most. I try to read, watch, and listen as much as possible to all sorts of views and angles on things that most people don't even stop to consider. It would seem that you also share that same drive or a variation of it. In my opinion that quality allows for cutting through most of the, well, bullshit.

Again thank you and I hope to bring some intelligent dialogue and perspective to the forum, I hope that comes through.

Also the fact that the vast majority of people viewing this forum don't have anything to post is also quite telling.

But please, please post post post away everybody. Information was meant to be shared.
Dave Cannon

Post by Dave Cannon »

Here is a few that I have read that have influenced me.

"Contract on America"

"The Man Who Knew Too Much" by Dick Russell

"The Kennedy Assasination Tapes"

"Ultimate Scarifice" (I am reading this now)

Dave Cannon
Dan

Post by Dan »

"The Third Terrorist: The Middle East Connection to the Oklahoma City Bombing" by Jayna Davis

"The Sins of the Father" by Ronald Kessler (about the Nazi collaborator, Joseph P. Kennedy)

"The Kennedy Men: Three Generations of Sex, Scandal and Secrets" by Nellie Bly

"Best Evidence" by David Lifton

"Rush to Judgement" by Mark Lane

"Pictures of the Pain" by Richard B, Trask (the researchers bible)

"Case Closed" by Gerald Posner (so you know the lone nutter side)

"Case Open" by Harold Weisberg

"Whitewash" by Harold Weisberg

"Rocket Boys" by Homer Hickam (just a fun entertaining read about life in West "By God" Virginia)

There are many more in my libraray, but these are some of the better books (except Posners).
Dan

The Best of the Best

Post by Dan »

One more book that should be on the list - thee manual on how to rid a country of powerful mob crime - this book shows the truth that the cure for out of control mob violence is outrageous brutality - how the US got Pablo Escobar in Columbia - brilliant!

"Killing Pablo : The Hunt for the World's Greatest Outlaw" by Mark Bowden
M.C.Newton

Post by M.C.Newton »

Good replies everyone, thanks for contributing to the list. But one note if you could include a brief (or not so brief) description of the books/docus. that would be very helpful. It's often hard to tell what a book/docu. is about by the title alone. Thanks and please keep them coming.
M.C.Newton

Post by M.C.Newton »

Here's another documentary:

Baghdad ER- This documentary is running now on HBO and is very good. It's also very gruesome and may be tough for some to watch. But it gives a look at the Emergency Room located in the Green Zone in Baghdad, where soldiers injured or killed are brought following an IED attack or the like. It's heart wrenching and thought provoking. It offers a clear look at the horrors of war.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Re: Beginning of a Comprehensive list of Documentaries/Books...

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

Dear M. C. Newton, and Fellow JFK Forum Members:06.07.2006 - M. C. Newton originally Posted this Headline about a Comprehensive List of Books and Documentaries. This was a good idea then, and has been recently attempted again.There are a few interesting and powerful books and documentaries Posted herein that have not been mentioned recently, and may be of interest and value to the current JFK Forum Members who do serious research and study.Comments ?Respectfully,Bruce Patrick Brychek.