Question about registration rules

JFK Assassination
dankbaar

Question about registration rules

Post by dankbaar »

On a dutch website I have implented the same registration rules as here. Some people ask me the reason for this rule: 1) Register preferably under your real name, first and last. You may also choose a nickname if you provide your true name to me or another administrator. Could you please comment on why you like or hate this rule?Wim
Dealey Joe

Re: Question about registration rules

Post by Dealey Joe »

Wim I agree 110%.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

I agree as well.
Bob

Post by Bob »

That's fine with me.
turtleman

Post by turtleman »

I think it is a good format for what we discuss on this forum. There are a few hoops to jump through but we have people who from time to time surface and try to disrupt and divert attention. With controversial topics you can't have loose cannons chiming in from when and wherever. Dissent is one thing but nothing would ever get accomplished. After all we ain't discussing the finer points of petunia gardening.
Wayne Stracener

Post by Wayne Stracener »

Wim, The forum rules posted under forum administration read different to thoseposted in the forum rules under Who Shot JFK & Why.Can this be changed to avoid any confusion.....Wayne
bob franklin

Post by bob franklin »

Safe and sane rules to be sure. I personally prefer to post under my first and last name, separated by a space in between. It seems to me the braver and more vertebrate approach. I'd love to see the nickname allowance done away with, except for certain instances where high profile individuals need to protect their anonymity for safety reasons. But for the the most part, I believe if you're ballsy enough to post, you're ballsy enough to sign your name to it, right at the top, where the name under which you registered goes. I've yet to hear a countering viewpoint on this issue that sways me in the slightest. It is a matter of ethics. Do you stand, or do you not?
Phil Dragoo

Identity

Post by Phil Dragoo »

The distinguishing character or personality of an individual.Excellent.As opposed to the cowards who concocted the crime, ashamed to show their faces to this day.We are the antithesis to the dark-side political games.It's a small thing but apparently a chip too pricey for some to purchase.It makes the game no longer a game.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

dankbaar wrote:On a dutch website I have implented the same registration rules as here. Some people ask me the reason for this rule: 1) Register preferably under your real name, first and last. You may also choose a nickname if you provide your true name to me or another administrator. Could you please comment on why you like or hate this rule?WimSeems pretty fair to meThanks
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

Thanks for the answers so far. But what does the rule prevent? WimPS: Wayne, I have nu clue as to whay that text was ever entered. I did not do it. Anyway, I changed it back.