Unknown interview with James Files

JFK Assassination
Paul

Re: Unknown interview with James Files

Post by Paul »

dankbaar wrote:A bonus http://jfkmurdersolved.com/film/jimmya.wmv

Wow!
What is this? It isn't from the 1994 interview (I don't hear Bob Vernon!) but it is more like 1994 when I look at Jimmy than 2003...
Wim, where did you get this from?

Gr. Paul.
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

It's a month later than the 1994 interview. The voice is Barry Adelman from Dick Clark Productions. They went to as ask JF questions that had arisen from the first tape.
Paul

Post by Paul »

dankbaar wrote:It's a month later than the 1994 interview. The voice is Barry Adelman from Dick Clark Productions. They went to as ask JF questions that had arisen from the first tape.

OK, Barry Adelman it is...
But how and when did you get it?

Gr. Paul.
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

With the materials from Vernon

Here's part 2:

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/film/jimmyb.wmv
Erik van t Wout

what a bonus!

Post by Erik van t Wout »

Wow!
Very convincing material, I'd say.
It's noteworthy (and maybe a bit strange--) that James Files almost literally uses the exact same words and phrases in 1994 - one month later - AND once more in 2003 (was it 2003?).

He does not hesitate - the words come without ANY hesitation (except with exact dates he sometimes has to think for a sec).

Then again, James Files is no poet.
If he found a good phrasing, a good way to describe the situation (or a person) why not stick to it?

I'm not a psychiatrist. But wouldn't a pathological lyer get himself into trouble at SOME point? Because of too much eagerness to convince. Messing up details because the mind is racing like mad, but the mouth is racing even faster? (lying in front of a camera, well-- lying period is harrrrrrrd--),

I don't know. I'm no expert, but I believe all of this to be truthfull.
Especially the part where he explains (I'm paraphrasing): "Hey, I didn't come forward! The FBI pointed at me, and I was very reluctant to react, so don't turn things around please..."

He liked Joe West a lot. A helluvalot. And maybe Joe West DIED BECAUSE OF Files' willingness to confess? I don't know if that's true, but if Files believes that, it gives him a pretty powerfull reason to do what he does: somehow continue the conversation with Joe West.

These clips consist really of one shot (no pun intended), no editing. Even the small talk in between the serious questions wasn't cut out.
I find that's even more convincing, than an abrieviated version with a few edits or fades (as in the 2003 dvd "I shot JFK").

Marvelous stuff, and strangely enough very moving.
Erik van t Wout
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Erik,

Have you seen the very 1st 1994 interview of James Files by Bob Vernon?
That was 1 month before this bonus and the 1st time he talks about the JFK-assassination on tape: he was really tensed and all the time watched what he could and what he couldn't say, especially when it was about David Atlee Phillips and the CIA...
The bonus here 1 months later he's already less tensed and this is a huge difference with that very 1st one!

Gr. Paul.
Erik van t Wout

Post by Erik van t Wout »

Hi Paul,

No, I've only seen fragments of the 1994 interview. I did read the transscipt of the 1994 interview though. E.g.: Nicoletti is described by Files as "The man could walk on water". Files obviously likes that description and sticks to it over the years.

I'd love to see the whole 1994 interview!

Gr.

Erik van t Wout
Paul

Post by Paul »

Erik van t Wout wrote:Hi Paul,No, I've only seen fragments of the 1994 interview. I did read the transscipt of the 1994 interview though. E.g.: Nicoletti is described by Files as "The man could walk on water". Files obviously likes that description and sticks to it over the years.I'd love to see the whole 1994 interview!Gr.Erik van t Wout

There is a HUGE difference in reading the transcript of the 1994 interview and watching the interview itself with all his expression and the pauses he makes...
As I told you before: you're welcome to watch the 1994 interview at my place!

Gr. Paul.
Mark Johansson

Post by Mark Johansson »

Paul wrote:Erik van t Wout wrote:Hi Paul,No, I've only seen fragments of the 1994 interview. I did read the transscipt of the 1994 interview though. E.g.: Nicoletti is described by Files as "The man could walk on water". Files obviously likes that description and sticks to it over the years.I'd love to see the whole 1994 interview!Gr.Erik van t WoutThere is a HUGE difference in reading the transcript of the 1994 interview and watching the interview itself with all his expression and the pauses he makes...As I told you before: you're welcome to watch the 1994 interview at my place! Gr. Paul.

Erik,

His plasma TV is fabulous.

Mark