Boston

JFK Assassination
SLogan

Boston

Post by SLogan »

A tad off topic here but you gotta give it to Beantown2001 Patriots Superbowl Champs2003 Patriots Superbowl Champs2004 Red Sox World Series Champs2004 Patriots Superbowl Champs2007 Red Sox World Series Champs2008 Cetlics NBA Champs2011 Logan's Lancers Candlepin Bowling Champs*2011 Bruins Stanley Cup ChampsJFK would have loved it*Sorry I had to get that in there
Dealey Joe

Re: Boston

Post by Dealey Joe »

Bob would like it better if you stuck Green Bay in there somewhere.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Joe, I would like better if ya stuck Pittsburgh in there
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Yea but Pittsburgh ain't won anything
Bob

Post by Bob »

You know I had to chime in here. First, I'm a big fan of the Tampa Bay Lightning. I had a feeling the winner of Eastern Conference finals would win the Stanley Cup. The Bruins won a hard fought series against the Lightning, including a 1-0 win in game 7. Congrats to the Bruins, but it was almost the Bolts. I was at game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals in 2004, when the Lightning were able to hoist Sir Stanley after defeating the Calgary Flames. Now...here are connections between Wisconsin and Boston. The Boston Braves became the Milwaukee Braves. The Braves went on to give Milwaukee it's only World Series championship in 1957. Ironically, the same year I was born and also the year Lambeau Field was built. The Braves were led then by Hall of Famer's Hank Aaron, Eddie Matthews and Warren Spahn.In 1974, the Boston Celtics beat the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA finals in 7 games. Dave Cowens had a huge series, as did John Havlicek. The Bucks were led by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. It was a classic series.In 1997, the Green Bay Packers defeated the New England Patriots 35-21 in Super Bowl XXXI, as Desmond Howard had a big game returning kicks and was the MVP of the game.Ironically, the Milwaukee Brewers will be at Fenway Park tonight to play the Boston Red Sox in a MLB interleague series. I covered the Brewers for a couple of years when I was in the media. The team then was led by Robin Yount, Paul Molitor, Rollie Fingers, Cecil Cooper (former Red Sox player), Gorman Thomas etc. I probably saw at least 25 games between the Brewers and Red Sox, either as a media member or just as a fan. The Brewers were in the American League then. I had the opportunity to interview a number of Red Sox players, including Fred Lynn, Jim Rice and Carlton Fisk. I also interviewed Ralph Houk, who was the manager in those days. Anyway, congrats to the Bruins. Ironically, the last time the Bruins won the Cup, the founder of the Lightning was a big star for them. That would be Phil Esposito.Speaking of champions, the world champion Green Bay Packers received their Super Bowl rings last night...Here are some more views of the ring, along with the other Super Bowl rings the Packers have received over the years...Speaking of JFK, he and Vince Lombardi were quite close. Here is a telegram he sent to Lombardi and the Packers after winning the 1961 NFL championship...Congrats as well on the bowling championship Mr. Logan. I was the champion of my fantasy football league this year as well. Ironically, Aaron Rodgers was my QB. I also had Greg Jennings. But not to worry, I also had a couple of Pats. Wes Welker and BenJarvus Green-Ellis.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Dealey Joe wrote:Yea but Pittsburgh ain't won anything Correction Pittsburgh won 2 SuperBowls in the last 10 years. So there .
Shane

Post by Shane »

I am both a Steeler fan (6 Super Bowl rings) and a member of the Brew Crew. So Ken, Bob, I enjoy your choice of teams...if only you would drop the Red Sox allegiance, Bob
Bob

Post by Bob »

Shane wrote:I am both a Steeler fan (6 Super Bowl rings) and a member of the Brew Crew. So Ken, Bob, I enjoy your choice of teams...if only you would drop the Red Sox allegiance, BobShane...Mr. Logan is the Red Sox fan, not me. Don't get me wrong though, I'll root for the Sox over the Yankees any day, especially with the Steinbrenner family having ownership of the Yanks. George was a convicted felon, but at least he was very generous with his money via charities, like here in the Tampa area. However, his son Hank is a freaking moron. Born on 3rd base with a silver spoon and the dumb ass thought he hit a triple! Me...I'm a fan of the Rays and the Brew Crew.I also have a LOT of respect for the Steelers.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Bob wrote:Shane wrote:I am both a Steeler fan (6 Super Bowl rings) and a member of the Brew Crew. So Ken, Bob, I enjoy your choice of teams...if only you would drop the Red Sox allegiance, BobShane...Mr. Logan is the Red Sox fan, not me. Don't get me wrong though, I'll root for the Sox over the Yankees any day, especially with the Steinbrenner family having ownership of the Yanks. George was a convicted felon, but at least he was very generous with his money via charities, like here in the Tampa area. However, his son Hank is a freaking moron. Born on 3rd base with a silver spoon and the dumb ass thought he hit a triple! Me...I'm a fan of the Rays and the Brew Crew.I also have a LOT of respect for the Steelers.I have great respect for the Pack too. I root for them over most of the teams in the NFL.i like the Sox and Brew Crew Too.