News of the World,closes

JFK Assassination
Davyjones

News of the World,closes

Post by Davyjones »

Murdochs "News of the World" the UKs biggest selling Sunday paper has closed!Scandel and intrugue abound.Do forum members have any opinions?The News of the World brags that it is the worlds biggest selling newspaper in the English Language
JDThomas

Re: News of the World,closes

Post by JDThomas »

This is a happy day for me. I have nothing but contempt for the 'paper' and its odious owner. Can't really call it a newspaper - more like a comic for morons. Sadly, of course, the pundits have already predicted that its sister title 'The Sun', which does not currently have a Sunday edition will, simply extend to 7 days a week to fill the corporate gap, using the same sort of content.I was told by a journalist in London that NoW and the rest of Murdoch's papers are expressly forbidden to refer to the 'Tiananmen Square Massacre'. If the event has to be discussed it is as the 'Tiananmen Square incident' - Murdoch has close dealings with the Chinese government and will not upset them at any cost
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

Yea JD I agree. Citizen Kane comes to mind.Fox News is big on supporting the WC version so anything that opens up the media to scrutiny may help the truth to be revealed.
SLogan

Post by SLogan »

As far as News of the World ,I know it was referred to in the Beatles song Polythene PamShe's killer-diller when she's dressed to the hiltShe's the kind of a girl that makes the "News of the World"Yes you could say she was attractively built.
Bob

Post by Bob »

It never distresses me when contemptable a-holes like Rupert Murdoch get what's coming to them. I only hope that FOX News follows suit. The only thing that bothers me is that I understand that News of the World was once a great paper with a rich history. FOX News has neither.
R Croxford

Post by R Croxford »

I hope they take down rupe with it. He is behind this. No one does something that risk the company without the big dogs approval.