Did the limo slow down? If so, why? Ask the driver.....

JFK Assassination
Tim Carroll

Decker

Post by Tim Carroll »

Raul Valdez wrote:The assertion that Sheriff Decker was "employed" by Benny Binion is true.... I read this somewhere, where I cannot remember, anyone know?I would welcome a credible source or citation to a source. The source previously cited, Jim Gatewood, asserts the opposite.Raul Valdez wrote:Tim Carroll wrote:Raul Valdez wrote:Decker being at the time employed by the Notorious Benny Binion would show just cause why the Binion family would have been the one to maybe pay off Decker and made sure he drove SLOW.The pace of Decker's lead car in the motorcade didn't hold the limo back in Dealey Plaza, as can be seen from the photos which clearly show Decker's car way ahead.Well that can be maybe construed as opinion, not neccessarily fact, not saying one of is right and one wrong here, just a varied opinion of fact. One opinion may say he was driving too slow, one says tomato, one says tomota....Confucius say: a picture is worth a thousand words. The films and photos show that the presidential limo was not being held back by the Sheriff's lead car. The Willis photo, showing Clint Hill climbing onto the back of the limo, demonstrates that at that point, the Sheriff's car was almost to the Triple Underpass.Raul Valdez wrote:I have another much stronger reason for knowing Oswald never shot JFK. There’s a man in Dallas I’ve known a long time, he knows the entire truth about Oswald’s involvement. He’s scared to death to go to the Dallas PD or FBI. There’s been a terrible double cross somewhere and everybody is scared shitless of everyone else. You would never believe all the accusations and crazy suspicions heaped on law enforcement in Texas by imbeciles in D.C. and the chaos it has created.http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/Critical_S ... ap_44.html
The article contained at the link posted by Raul is excellent, and generally describes the events as I understand them to have occurred. The article depicts Decker's relationship with the famous actor and war hero, Audie Murphy, and some of the truths that were shared in the course of their discussions.

Raul didn't make it clear that his last paragraph was a quote of Decker, reported by Gary Wean. Raul was quoting, when he posted the following:

“I have another much stronger reason for knowing Oswald never shot JFK. There’s a man in Dallas I’ve known a long time, he knows the entire truth about Oswald’s involvement. He’s scared to death to go to the Dallas PD or FBI. There’s been a terrible double cross somewhere and everybody is scared shitless of everyone else. You would never believe all the accusations and crazy suspicions heaped on law enforcement in Texas by imbeciles in D.C. and the chaos it has created."

But Decker continued to say, in the part not quoted by Raul:

"This man feels that it’s his duty to tell someone what he knows in case something happens to him. I realize it isn’t in your jurisdiction, but that makes it even better. God only knows how this will turn out so you guys get something straight right now. There was never any conspiracy in my Sheriff’s Dept. involving the assassination nor in the Dallas PD. I’ve known all these people too long…I would have known it…believe me, something as crazy as this I’d feel it in my bones.â€
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Re: Did the limo slow down? If so, why? Ask the driver....

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:03.16.2006 - Mr. Kevin Fisher Posted this inquiring Headline.01.05.2013 - Much analysis, investigation, research, study, and writing has been done about this question in the last several years.Certainly much attention has been paid to the Zapruder Film analyzing this subject matter, and other convoluted concerns and issues.What are the opinions of the members of this august group today, both Pro and Con ?There are some facts and information contained herein worth evaluating even today.Comments ?Respectfully,BB.
kenmurray

Notes On Bill Greer

Post by kenmurray »

Slav

Post by Slav »

Greer retired in July 1966 after having undergone a stomach operation and Jackie Kennedy sent him a letter thanking him for being with the President until the end. He said he "saw blood on Connally's shirt" and looked back only "one time", in direct contrast to the Zapruder film. He went on to say that he "didn't really see the President at all". Said the Zapruder film "was proven legitimate". Claimed to have not seen anyone on the triple overpass. Regarding the assassination itself, Greer claimed that "we never stopped...there was no reason to stop...no need to stop." In regard to the direction of the shots, he said that "everyone was hit from the rear...my back was covered with it [debris from head shot]." When told that Connally has always insisted that he was hit with a different bullet than had hit JFK, Greer said "I feel that way, too. They [the Warren Commission] had lawyers working on it...these lawyers had already made up their mind". Greer also believed that the back wound [which he referred to as being in the "back of the shoulder"] did not go through and that that was also the first thought of the autopsy doctors in attendance. Greer claimed he was "in the OPERATING ROOM at Parkland" [emphasis added] and stated that JFK's clothing "were in my custody from Parkland to Washington." Greer denied that there was a hole in the limousine's windshield. He said there was only a "star"; a spidering crack. Greer did not know why the photographers were out of their usual position in front of and close to JFK's limousine that fateful day in Dallas, but did not seem to regard this as suspicious. Regarding agent Roy Kellerman, Greer said twice that he was "a very fine gentleman." Regarding President Kennedy, Greer said "He and I were pretty close friends. He treated me just wonderful." Regarding William Manchester and his book "Death of a President", Greer said harshly "He's garbage...didn't like it at all", further commenting on Manchester's criticism concerning his age and reflexes behind the wheel [Greer thought that his experience was an advantage, coming from "years of experience" , and certainly not a disadvantage]. He went on to say that he thought that Jim Bishop's book ("The Day Kennedy Was Shot") was the best book of all regarding the events of November 22, 1963. (However, keep in mind that his comments were made in 1970) Greer said, somewhat cryptically, "there's alot of things I know that no one else knows." (!) Finally, Greer said that the Warren Commission closed up shop too soon and ]"there might have been a conspiracy in another part of the country." [!!!]Any other info on his last statement?
RobertP

Post by RobertP »

On the 22nd November, 1963, Greer was assigned to drive the presidential car in the motorcade through Dallas. Several witnesses said that Greer stopped the car after the first shot was fired. This included Jean Hill, who was the closest witness to the car when Kennedy was shot: According to Hill "the motorcade came to almost a halt at the time the shots rang out". James Chaney (one of the four Presidential motorcyclists) - stated that the limousine "after the shooting, from the time the first shot rang out, the car stopped completely, pulled to the left and stopped." Mary Woodward, a journalist with the Dallas Morning News wrote: "Instead of speeding up the car, the car came to a halt... after the first shot".
R Croxford

Post by R Croxford »

He stopped. I recreated the video frame by frame and played it back at the right speed. He stopped.
RobertP

Post by RobertP »

The question is not whether the limo slowed to a stop, the question is: did it swerve to the left, as well?SA and limo driver Bill Greer to Jackie Kennedy at Parkland Hospital: "Oh, Mrs. Kennedy, oh my God, oh my God. I didn't mean to do it, I didn't hear, I should have swerved the car, I couldn't help it. Oh, Mrs. Kennedy, as soon as I saw it I swerved. If only I'd seen it in time!" We have no idea what "it" was but, we know from this that it was enough to make Greer swerve; presumably to the left.Not only do we have many witnesses (including some of the motorcycle cops just to the rear of the limo) claiming the limo slowed to a halt or almost halt PLUS claiming it swerved to the left, we have the Orville Nix film as evidence. Note, in the Nix film, that the two motorcycles on the driver's side come to an abrupt halt at about the time of the head shot, yet the limo never slows (or swerves) in the film. The question is, did these two cops stop in response to the limo stopping or was their abrupt stop an effort to avoid hitting the limo swerving into their paths?