How much recoil or kick is there to a Manlicher Carcano ?

JFK Assassination
Kevin Fisher

How much recoil or kick is there to a Manlicher Carcano ?

Post by Kevin Fisher »

This is going to affect the time it takes for a shooter to "zero" back in on the same target for multiple shots, as the shooter tries to find the target thru the scope.

It's not like the shooter has the target "in his sights" immediately after a round is fired off. He's got to spend time to get back "onto" the target.

So, does the Manlicher kick like a mule, forcing the rifle to go astray, and leaving the shooter the task of trying to "line up" the target again in his scope?
M Klein

Post by M Klein »

It "kicks like a mule."
Ricky Clow

???

Post by Ricky Clow »

How much is a Mannlicher Carcano? Or is it even possible to buy them? It's kind of a stupid question but I'm sure you can still get them.
Ricky Clow
john geraghty

Post by john geraghty »

As far as I know, they are not too expensive. I know that a few researchers have gotten them for about €300.

Speaking o kickback, I fired a fireball, it has a hell of a kickback.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Re: How much recoil or kick is there to a Manlicher Carcano

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

09.20.2013Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:02.27.2007 - Mr. Kevin Fisher Posted this focused Headline.Not much discussion followed.Two (2) Major Considerations about the Manlicher Carcano,the Italian Weapon that was not known for its record of killingits target on purpose:1. It allegedly had a strong "recoil or kick" which makes re-aquisition of your target after each prior shot moredifficult than most rifles.2. It had a two (2) stage trigger.Any additional analyses, interviews investigations, readings,research, studies, thoughts, or writings that are of value today ?Comments ?Respectfully,BB.