Immunity for James Files!

JFK Assassination
ChristophMessner

Immunity for James Files!

Post by ChristophMessner »

1994, at the ARRB, Bob Vernon told this: "... We shared the confession of James E. Files with criminal attorney Don Irving, who agreed to visit Files in an effort to cross-examine Mr. Files to ascertain his validity. In June of 1993, Attorney Irving, a veteran of over 25 years of high profile criminal cases, spent almost seven hours with James E. Files at the Joliet Prison. Mr. Irving reported that he found no inconsistencies in Mr. Files confession.Mr. Irving issued a 17-page memo on his cross-examination of James E. Files and that memo has been included in your information packet for your confidential review.Following his visit with Mr. Files, Attorney Irving negotiated a deal with the FBI, the United States Department of Justice, to provide Mr. Files with immunity in order that his testimony could be heard by a special grand jury that was to be called following a nonofficial visit with Mr. Files at which Attorney Irving and the FBI were to be present.On August 3rd, 1993, Attorney Irving informed us that he had received word that the United States Attorney in Chicago had reviewed and approved the immunity agreement for James E. Files...."See: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/arrb/index67.htmSo once upon a time an attorney had achieved immunity for James Files to be able to speak before a special grand jury. Could this be achieved once more?
ChristophMessner

Re: Immunity for James Files!

Obviously this question is too hypothetical for you. If Files' won't be able or willing to tell more before a grand jury, then hopefully others will!Isn't it an irony of history, that Files is imprisoned now for something he did NOT do!And NOBODY in these GREAT UNITED STATES with all their millionaires and billionaires can afford to force the disclosure of the true FILES on JFK!!!
ChristophMessner

I mean, was an immunity for Files really ever achieved? Is that realistic?
Bob

Post by Bob »

I think at this point in his life, Jimmy just wants to move on from this subject. Wim or Tom know better than me though.
ChristophMessner

Would letters to authorities be able to help James Files in any way?
tom jeffers

Post by tom jeffers »

NO, but thank you foryour interest in justice.Tomwhy do you think they got bugliosi to publish his book? they want this thing over and done with. but we are still their "thorns in their sides"
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

Don Irvin told me that the FBI agreed to look into James Files, but under the condition there was to be no press and no publicity. Otherwise they would drop it like a hot potato According to Don, Bob Vernon blew the deal by informing Don Hewitt of 60 minutes. So Don got a call from Hewitt asking : Is there a story here? Don told him basically "No, there is no story here!" the deal with the FBI in the back of his head. But the damage was done because then Hewitt started to make the rounds, including the FBI. They kept their word and dropped it like a hot potato. That's what Don told me. My take is that the FBI never had an honest intention to really do some truthfinding, but rather try to discredit the story. They broke the agreementt that Files was only to be interviewed with his attorny, Don Irvin, present. Instead they sneaked their way into the prison without informing Irvin or anyone, not even the warden Tony Godinez. The transcript, or better said the FBI's notes of that interview, is here: http://jfkmurdersolved.com/fbitranscript.htmIt is interesting to note that actually this is the first ever recorded confession of James. To to the official proper authorities, I may add. Those authorities were NEVER able to disprove anything he said. On the contrary. Everything he told , that could be verified, proved to be true. Yet they issued a statement that he was "not credible". Wim
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

By the way, immunity for James Files would not be necessary. All his statements are recorded and can be used as evidence/testimony if the authorities would want to bring it to trial. Files said they will never do that, that's another reason he told his story. And ofcourse he's right. If they really want to bring it to trial, they would ask him if he still stands by his story or if he wants to retract it. Since they are afraid of the answer, they don't ask. Therefore, a plea to get Files immunity is senseless. First there would have to be a will to put him on trial. That will is absent, and will always be absent.Wim
ChristophMessner

Wim, I believe you that that will be absent always, sounds logical to me, but does that mean, that nobody ever could do anything positive for James Files? Any chance for Don Irving to repair his "mistake"? Did James Files ever tell kind of like that to you: "You know, Wim, I understand why you want to bring my story to the media, I appreciate it, but honestly I don't want to get it out, I rather want to remain "non credible" forever, you know." Chris
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

No, he told me frequently that he doesn't care if he is believed or not. Wim