Secrets of Woody’s hitman father

JFK Assassination
dankbaar

Secrets of Woody’s hitman father

Post by dankbaar »

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... eceSecrets of Woody’s hitman fatherJohn Harlow, Los Angeles THE bloody family secrets of Woody Harrelson, the Hollywood actor, are to be revealed in a prison memoir written by his father, a professional hitman.Charles “Chuck” Harrelson, who died in a Colorado maximum security jail last month, left a bundle of papers to his three sons with a plea to clear him of murdering a judge. But he admits in the memoir that he was involved in dozens of killings stretching back to the early 1960s.Woody Harrelson, who played a psychopath in Oliver Stone’s 1994 film Natural Born Killers, has not yet decided what to do with the papers, although he has already challenged the final conviction that landed his father in a “supermax” high-security prison.His father, who wanted his life story to be published, first went to prison when Woody was seven and was jailed for life when his son was at college, but said he always hoped that one day they would have a “straight, no bull” talk about his past.Chuck Harrelson’s death at 69 following heart trouble meant that conversation never took place. However, the papers are expected to answer questions posed both by his family and by the relatives of his many supposed victims.Prosecutors said Harrelson, a violent thief and killer for hire in his twenties, was unusual because he used a sniper rifle rather than a handgun. “Charles Harrelson damaged everyone he came in contact with,” said the prosecutor at his last trial.Harrelson even boasted — probably to impress potential employers — that he had shot President John F Kennedy in Dallas in 1963. He claimed to have been one of three men dressed as tramps on the grassy knoll close to the Kennedy cavalcade and said that Lee Harvey Oswald, the presumed assassin, was too far away from the president to get a clear shot.If the grassy knoll story was a self-promoting fabrication, it seems to have worked. In 1979 he was allegedly paid $250,000 to shoot a Texas judge preparing to sentence a drug dealer. The plot backfired. The judge died but the dealer was arrested and claimed to have hired Harrelson, who received two life sentences.In 2003 the dealer recanted, saying someone else had shot the judge. Woody Harrelson stepped up pressure for a retrial, but his father died before lawyers could get him out of jail. “My father was no saint, but a lot of sources led me to believe it was not a fair trial,” he said recently.Woody Harrelson, 45, who rose to fame as the slow, sweet-natured barman Woody Boyd in the TV comedy Cheers, has generated more recent headlines with political stunts. He scaled the Golden Gate bridge to unveil an antilogging banner and, as a vegan, has protested against factory farming.He will appear next in a film called Battle in Seattle, set amid violent protests against the World Trade Organisation summit in 1999. “It’s to make up for not being there myself,” he joked.Harrelson has had his own misadventures. He once admitted to “sex addiction” and in the early 1980s was fined after dancing in traffic and jumping out of a moving police van. He remains unsure how his life was influenced by his father’s criminal career.“I suspect it’s a mixed influence — it made me think outlaw, but I would not want to hurt anyone,” he said.Chuck Harrelson revealed his literary ambitions to Kenny Gallo, a convicted mafia “associate” in the FBI witness protection programme. “He wrote to me saying he was writing the book that exposed all the lies written about him over the years,” Gallo said.He denied that Harrelson had killed 50 people: “He may have been involved in that many killings, maybe driving the car or something, but he only carried out maybe six killings himself.”America no longer produced assassins like Harrelson, he added. “Today, you want someone killed, you call in a Russian or an Israeli. I don’t know how Woody feels about his father, but Harrelson was probably the last of a killing breed.”
John Beckham

Re: Secrets of Woody’s hitman father

Post by John Beckham »

I for one believe Harreson had a part in this plot, and was a "tramp". I find Chauncey Holt's story ringing true, but see Frank Sturgis as a "tramp" as well...Grapenut's...have neither grapes nor nuts...discus amoung youselves....
Brian White

Post by Brian White »

Chauncey Holt thought Harrelson might have been stoned that day,because he was a "notorious narcotics user", and because of the wayhe behaved after they were found by the police hiding in the boxcar.Also, in the "Spooks" DVD, he says Harrelson identified himself byhis real name, whereupon Chauncey had to say, "no,you're so-and-so"using the alias he was supposed to go by that day. Was Harrelsonsuffering from nerves,stoned,or was it a dumb mistake?Who knows? Brian.
Brian White

Post by Brian White »

Oops, forgot to say that Sturgis wasn't a tramp- James saw him standing in the plaza wearing a bomber pilot type jacket. PositiveID, as James knew him very well.By the way,if the 3rd tramp was Charles Rogers,he didn't completelyvanish in 1965 after killing his parents-Chauncey Holt clearly sayshe saw him in L.A.in 1968,and spent a day at the racetrack withhim!They didn't talk about Dallas,natch.(See my earlier post,"Chaun-cey Holt on Case Closed", to read his account of this).
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

are you talking about the charles harrelson from the men who killed kennedy? if so i knew it all along that he was talking a load of bs.
Brian White

Post by Brian White »

Yes, Sara,he's the one!Brian
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

saracarter766 wrote:are you talking about the charles harrelson from the men who killed kennedy? if so i knew it all along that he was talking a load of bs.Yeah, he seemed arrogant as if he was enjoying making false statements and knowing that we knew he was lying. It's like the stupid smirk on his face in those tramp photos in Dealy Plaza. It's an arrogant smirk.
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

thank you pasquale.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

saracarter766 wrote:thank you pasquale. No problem. I'm just saying it like it is. I'm so glad that this forum is so active.I'm relatively new to this forum. In fact, I think we joined at the almost the same time. I've just been researching this stuff on my own since I was in my early 20s (I'm 39 now), and I LOVE this forum. I'm learning stuff all the time, and you guys make it great!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Pasquale DiFabrizio wrote:saracarter766 wrote:thank you pasquale. No problem. I'm just saying it like it is. I'm so glad that this forum is so active.I'm relatively new to this forum. In fact, I think we joined at the almost the same time. I've just been researching this stuff on my own since I was in my early 20s (I'm 39 now), and I LOVE this forum. I'm learning stuff all the time, and you guys make it great! This forum has always been good, but the activity as of late has been OUTSTANDING. This site & forum are like a library with ALL of the great information contained within it. I have been in this "library" at times when you couldn't even hear a cricket chirp, but lately the librarian has had to quiet a few of us down.