Mercury bullets

JFK Assassination
Jsnow915

Mercury bullets

Post by Jsnow915 »

Dear Mr. Wim Dankbaar, And Fellow JFK Forum Members, Excellent information, Wim, Thank You very much. "Approximately 2 small shrapnel wounds in the face packed with wax." This, to me underscores Jimmy's use of "mercury tip, hollow points that explode on impact, for the Remington Firball XP - 100, that Wolfman custom made for me for that assignment." This further supports my belief, and Jimmy's, that the small throat wound was an exit wound from the exploding mercury tipped hollow point. Respectfully, Bruce Patrick Brychek.Bruce Patrick Brychek My question is....if Jimmy found out that morning he was going to be part of the plot...how did he specifically have mercury bullets made for the assassination?...maybe this was answered somewhere else and I didn't see it?.....thanks....John
Chad Duncan

Re: Mercury bullets

Post by Chad Duncan »

I believe I read jimmy had "wolfman" if the name is right make him those anytime he even had a possibility of being in the line of fire to maximize damage.
Jsnow915

Post by Jsnow915 »

Chad....so I'm guessing these were always available to him and he kept them handy?and I'm guessing he prefered to use them at all times?
Brian White

Post by Brian White »

He wanted explosive bullets because they wouldn't ricochet,whichthe .222 caliber rounds had a tendency to do-Probably also to obscureballistic evidence,although he didn't actually say that.Johnny Roselli was apparently supposed to be the grassy knoll shooter,but chickened out because he knew about the "abort" order from theCIA(which was BS in my opinion).The mercury rounds would have beenused by whoever was on the knoll."Wolfman's" real name is George Collura.Apparently he was an experton weapons and ammo.
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

Mercury has a much higher specific gravity (13,57) compared to copper (8,9) or iron (7,87). Can this explain the push backwards of JFK's head by impulse and overruling the push forward from Nicoletti's bullet? Also liquids splatter whereas sheet deforms or tears apart. How did the mercury splatter a bullet sheet apart? "mercury tipped hollow point" - where and how much mercury is there in the bullet actually? Any reenactment with a Remington XP-100 and mercury rounds?
Brian White

Post by Brian White »

While we're on the subject of bullets, Hugh Huggins said that in December 1963,Bobby Kennedy showed him a .22 Magnum slug and 3 .308(7.65mm)Mauserrounds that were recovered from the body. Huggins was at the autopsy,and wasone of several people who described a small entrance wound in the LEFT temple. Farfetched as it sounds,could there have been 3 simultaneous headshots,oneby Nicoletti in the rear,one by James on the North knoll,and one .22 Magnumshot from the South knoll? I think it's possible,since Tosh Plumlee smelled gun-powder and thought a shot came from behind him. A shot from the south knollwould have hit JFK in the left temple. Yet another mystery!
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

Wow, Brian, is there proof for this Huggins/RFK-story? Would a shot from the south knoll have hit Mrs. Connally? (See attachment)
Jsnow915

Post by Jsnow915 »

I'm curious to one thing...I asked Wim and he said it was possible that...if mercury shows traces....wouldn't JFK's clothing have any signs of mercury on it in the blood thats on them?...I think thats something that should be looked into to verify Files claims.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

Brian White wrote:While we're on the subject of bullets, Hugh Huggins said that in December 1963,Bobby Kennedy showed him a .22 Magnum slug and 3 .308(7.65mm)Mauserrounds that were recovered from the body. Huggins was at the autopsy,and wasone of several people who described a small entrance wound in the LEFT temple. Farfetched as it sounds,could there have been 3 simultaneous headshots,oneby Nicoletti in the rear,one by James on the North knoll,and one .22 Magnumshot from the South knoll? I think it's possible,since Tosh Plumlee smelled gun-powder and thought a shot came from behind him. A shot from the south knollwould have hit JFK in the left temple. Yet another mystery!I might have your answer to the .22 magnum slug mystery. The Firebal ammo, .221? or .222?, is basically a high-velocity .22 round. If you've ever taken a .223 round (the M16 round which is basically like the Firebal round) and put it next to a .22 round, they're identical...it's just the shell casing that's different. There's a LOT more powder packed into the taller .221, .222, or even .223 round which makes it very high velocity. The Firebal ammo, like an M16 round, is basically a .22 round on steroids, and it could easily be confused for a .22 magnum round because of the mere velocity and the damage it does compared to a standard .22 round.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

Jsnow915 wrote:I'm curious to one thing...I asked Wim and he said it was possible that...if mercury shows traces....wouldn't JFK's clothing have any signs of mercury on it in the blood thats on them?...I think thats something that should be looked into to verify Files claims.I'm going to have to look this up, but I believe that a doctor or two who looked at x-rays of JFK's skull said that they thought there were traces of mercury there. Of course, JFK's brain disappeared from the National Archives, as Jim Garrison discovered when he tried to have it examined way back when.