MY DAY IN DEALEY PLAZA

JFK Assassination
ThomZajac

Re: MY DAY IN DEALEY PLAZA

Post by ThomZajac »

Thanks, Scott, for the excellent and heartfelt post. Your surprise at Dealey Plaza's tiny size is consistent with the reactions of all of my friends who have gone there.Dr, McClelland wrote in the death report that the cause of death was a gunshot to the LEFT temple. From yours, and other accounts, such a shot would not have been a difficult one. McClelland's report gets very little attention for reasons I don't understand, and many brush aside this vital information as a simple error or mixup, which drives me a little batty.Anyway, the humanness of your post was a refreshing departure from our normal cold and hard analysis of the events of that day. Thanks again.
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

Tom, thanks a lot. Do you know the former conspiracy-museum president, Tom Bowden? Obviously it was not possible to establish such a museum at Dealey Plaza or even inside the Mackish territory, too bad, and furthermore it was difficult to cover the political dimension of that monster conspiracy adequately in it's full meaning and make it interesting to everybody who visits Dallas. What's the address of Tom Bowden now? Chris
scottjfkmad

Post by scottjfkmad »

My visit was actually in the week Bob, if I had seen Robert Groden I would of definitely gone over to him and spoke, having spent so much time and watching everything he has contributed to the JFK case over the years.Again, thank you kindly, I think sometimes we do forget the human side of what happened on that dreadful day. A month before we headed off for Dallas, I was in communications with the Sixth Floor Museum still undecided if I was going to actually spend money to see in the inside of the building thought to have housed an assassin, plus Lee Oswald eating his lunch, but after 3-4 emails back and forth I was put off by not being allowed to take photos inside the museum. I understand some of the photos/images of that day are copyrighted, but surely a picture of the 6th Floor is an obvious must for anyone expected to pay entry.Another small note that interested me was, the communications depart of the 6th Floor Museum issued me, voluntarily, with a list of top JFK sites in and around the Dallas area. They included, the site were Tippit was shot, the cinema were Oswald was arrested, the Dallas police office were Oswald was shot, and Parkland hospital. I don’t know if they issue this list to just anyone but I felt quite surprised they voluntarily sent out such a list.