THE WARREN REPORT

JFK Assassination
Dealey Joe

THE WARREN REPORT

Post by Dealey Joe »

The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy, known unofficially as the Warren Commission, was established on November 27, 1963, by Lyndon B. Johnson to investigate the assassination of United States President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963.[1] Its 888-page final report was presented to President Johnson on September 24, 1964,[2] and made public three days later.[3] It concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the killing of Kennedy and the wounding of Texas Governor John Connally,[4] and that Jack Ruby acted alone in the murder of Oswald.[5] The Commission's findings have since proven controversial and been both challenged and supported by later studies.The Commission took its unofficial name—the Warren Commission—from its chairman, Chief Justice Earl Warren. According to published transcripts of Johnson's presidential phone conversations, some major officials were opposed to forming such a commission and several commission members took part only with extreme reluctance.[6] One of their chief reservations was that a commission would ultimately create more controversy than consensus, and those fears proved valid.[6] The Commission's report was printed at Doubleday book publishing company located in Smithsburg, Maryland.In November 1964, two months after the publication of its 888-page report, the Commission published twenty-six volumes of supporting documents, including the testimony or depositions of 552 witnesses and more than 3,100 exhibits.[9][10] All of the commission's records were then transferred on November 23 to the National Archives. The unpublished portion of those records was initially sealed for 75 years (to 2039) under a general National Archives policy that applied to all federal investigations by the executive branch of government,[11] a period "intended to serve as protection for innocent persons who could otherwise be damaged because of their relationship with participants in the case.”[12] The 75-year rule no longer exists, supplanted by the Freedom of Information Act of 1966 and the JFK Records Act of 1992. By 1992, 98 percent of the Warren Commission records had been released to the public.[13] Six years later, at the conclusion of the Assassination Records Review Board's work, all Warren Commission records, except those records that contained tax return information, were available to the public with redactions.[14] The remaining Kennedy assassination related documents are scheduled to be released to the public by 2017, twenty-five years after the passage of the JFK Records Act.[15]In 1992, the Assassination Records Review Board was created by the JFK Records Act to collect and preserve the documents relating to the assassination. It pointed out in its final report:Doubts about the Warren Commission's findings were not restricted to ordinary Americans. Well before 1978, President Johnson, Robert Kennedy, and four of the seven members of the Warren Commission all articulated, if sometimes off the record, some level of skepticism about the Commission's basic findings.Report of the President's Commission on the Assassination of President KennedyTitle Page, Commission Members, Transmittal LetterForewordChapter 1: Summary and ConclusionsChapter 2: The AssassinationChapter 3: The Shots from the Texas School Book DepositoryChapter 4: The AssassinChapter 5: Detention and Death of OswaldChapter 6: Investigation of Possible ConspiracyChapter 7: Lee Harvey Oswald: Background and Possible MotivesChapter 8: The Protection of the PresidentAppendix 1: Press Release Announcing Appointment of CommissionAppendix 2: Press Release Announcing Appointment of CommissionAppendix 3: Pub. Law 88-202Appendix 4: Biographical Information and AcknowledgmentsAppendix 5: List of WitnessesAppendix 6: Commission Procedures for the Taking of TestimonyAppendix 7: A Brief History of Presidential ProtectionAppendix 8: Medical Reports from Doctors at Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Tex.Appendix 9: Autopsy Report and Supplemental ReportAppendix 10: Expert TestimonyAppendix 11: Reports Relating to the Interrogation of Lee Harvey Oswald at the Dallas Police DepartmentAppendix 12: Speculations and RumorsAppendix 13: Biography of Lee Harvey OswaldAppendix 14: Analysis of Lee Harvey Oswald's Finances from June 13, 1962, through November 22, 1963Appendix 15: Transactions between Lee Harvey Oswald and Marina Oswald, and the U.S. Department of State and the Immigration and Naturalization Service of the U.S. Department of JusticeAppendix 16: A Biography of Jack RubyAppendix 17: Polygraph Examination of Jack RubyAppendix 18: FootnotesIndex
kenmurray

Re: THE WARREN REPORT

Post by kenmurray »

The Warren Commission, The Truth, And Arlen Specter:http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critic ... ecter.html
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

The Warren Commision Report: 1964 Documentary.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQFII7oQWRk
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

A good spot by researcher Martin Hay just confirms what many here already know - that the final report is a deception.As the transcript of the Commission's January 27, 1964, executive session shows, it was fully aware that President Kennedy's back wound was lower than the hole in his throat:RANKIN: Then there is a great range of material in regard to the wounds, and the autopsy and this point of exit or entrance of the bullet in the front of the neck...We have an explanation there in the autopsy that probably a fragment came out the front of the neck, but with the elevation the shot must have come from, the angle, it seems quite apparent now, since we have the picture of where the bullet entered in the back, that the bullet entered below the shoulder blade, to the right of the backbone, which is below the place where the picture shows the bullet came out in the neckband of the shirt in front, and the bullet, according to the autopsy didn’t strike any bone at all, that particular bullet, and go through. So how it could turn—BOGGS: I thought I read that bullet just went in a finger’s length.RANKIN: That is what they first said. So they knew the SBT was BUNK from the outset - what they knew and talked about in their discussions didn't match the conclusions.I for one have never read the complete report, but if time permits, perhaps the transcripts may be worth studying.This also makes it clear that the Warren Commission doesn't serve Lone Nutters well either - how can anyone of sound mind conclude that the Commission got it right based upon the above?
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Excellent post J.D.!
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

One of the best books on the Warren Report:http://www.amazon.com/Breach-Trust-Warr ... 0700613900
Devlin MacGregor

Post by Devlin MacGregor »

Members and Readers:Mr. Hall began this excellent discussion, The Warren Report, on January 08, 2012. I am still amazed at the little amount of in depth attention, analysis, and critique directly paid to The Warren Report by the JFK Research Community. Mr. Hall, Thank You for creating this venue here. I think that The Warren Report should be dissected like a bug, and analyzed under the magnifying glass of truth in today's world with everything available for research, study, comparison, analysis, and critique.Mr. Murray on March 15, 2012 added to this discussion with the book published in October, 2005, Breach of Trust: How the Warren Commission Failed the Nation and Why, by Gerald McKnight. An excellent book that should be read by all with similar interests to this discussion, and related subject matters.I would like to make two points here.First, I see a major parallel to the failure to analyze and discuss openly The Warren Report by American's government controlled Main Stream Media as I do with the American events of September, 11, 2001, and of course other similar events, MLK, RFK, etc. Also, as I understand it, few Americans understand that The Warren Report was officially overruled and reversed by The House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1976 - 1977.Second, the monumental nature of The Warren Report conveys to me the monumental nature of the cover-up in the JFK Assassination. Does it not ? Thank You.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Here is a clip of Allen Dulles at Dealey Plaza in 1964 before the Warren Report came out. Listen closely.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3z_O3yf ... ZUzd46AWys
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:01.08.2012 - Mr. Joe Hall Posted this centrally, and criticallyimportant Headline, and information.Messrs. Ken Murray, J.D. Thomas, and Devlin Mac Gregor allmade substantial fact, information, and opinion additions ofsignificant importance.Mr. Ken Murray, per his usual probative, and professionalmanner, has provided substantial relevant contributions thatare worthy of separate supportive comments. Reviewing hisPost today drew my attention to comments made here that Ihad not seen previoously.03.15.2012 - Mr. J.D. Thomas, also an excellent JFK MurderSolved Forum Member, in my opinion Posted a significantly powerful piece of information that I had never seen before.Further, I think that this is worthy of substantial attention.Under J.D.'s Post reviewing Rankin's statement and testimonywe read that on 01.27.1964, the Warren Commission's transcriptshows that:1. "We have an explanation there in the autopsy that probably afragment came out of the front of the neck..."2. "..it seems quite apparent now, since we have the picture ofwhere the bullet entered the back, that the bullet entered belowthe shoulder blade, to the right of the backbone which is below the place where the picture shows the bullet came out of the neckband of the shirt in front, and the bullet according to the autopsy didn'tstrike any bone at all, that particular bullet, and go through. So howcould it turn - "3. In my opinion this strongly supports Mr. James Earl Sutton - Filesand my belief and statements previously made that a portion of hisCustom Made, Exploding Mercury Filled Hollow-Point, fired from hisRemington XP - 100 (Fireball) came out of JFK's throat. The backwound clearly did not have the line-up. Even the Warren Commissionknew this in 1964, and this further underscores their Blind Allegianceto a cover-up in the face of incontrovertable evidence to the contrary.4. The shrapnel exit wounds out of JFK's face had to be filled withclay and wax. This has been documented by Mr. Wim Dankbaarextensively elsewhere here on the JFK Murder Solved Forum. Thisalso supports the shrapnel wound exiting JFK's throat.5. It has been clearly, and conclusively established by photographicevidence that there was no through and through in JFK's limo frontwindshield when the limo pulled into Parkland Memorial Hospital lessthan three (3) minutes after JFK's brain and head were vaporized byFiles' Custom Made, Exploding Mercury Filled Hollow-Point.6. There was no Magic Bullet.Comments ?Respectfully,BB.