A secret code to information?

JFK Assassination
Paul

Post by Paul »

dankbaar wrote:Johan van Leeuwen wrote:Simply put: Hal needs the Galatea to convert the numbers on the paper to words by looking them up in the Galatea. But we do not have the paper with the numbers on it, do we?The paper is the Galatea is what I understand

No! There must be a paper with numbers on it and the Galata is the duplicate text that is available to the sender and the receiver...

Gr. Paul.
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

No, the book with the lucky numbers IS the Galatea , is what I read.

Top of page 166. Why do you understand there would be a separate paper?

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/page166.JPG
francois bertrand

Post by francois bertrand »

Wim, you must have a separate paper (with text or number).... Cervantes didn't wrote the story of David Phillips !!!
Paul

Post by Paul »

dankbaar wrote: Why do you understand there would be a separate paper?

Because at page 165 ( http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/page165.JPG ) there is said:

"an important piece of paper....we brought it back from Mexico....it's in code..."

So that piece of paper which they brought back from Mexico is the paper with the code in numbers on it and then the sender and the receiver have both the Galatea to look up the words...

Gr. Paul.
Johan van Leeuwen

Post by Johan van Leeuwen »

dankbaar wrote:No, the book with the lucky numbers IS the Galatea , is what I read. Top of page 166. Why do you understand there would be a separate paper? http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/page166.JPG

It says: "He handed Operacion Hogar, the paper he had pilfered from Schwarz's safe, to Lucy."
This is the paper he says is in code.
Johan van Leeuwen

Post by Johan van Leeuwen »

francois bertrand wrote:Wim, you must have a separate paper (with text or number).... Cervantes didn't wrote the story of David Phillips !!!

Well, in theory it is possible that if there would be some kind of array of digits in the galatea (not intended for encryption but for any other reason) Philips has put the words of his secret confession at the exact locations these numbers refer to in his own book. It would be a bit of a puzzle for him to do of course, since the words must fit the context of the sentence at that place etc. so he has to find sentences in which the words exactly fall in place. I agree with Wim that we should not censor a priori so if the errata list (however unlikely since the errate list is not in the original version of the galatea I guess) produces well formed sentences when decoded with Philips his book representing his confession to the jfk murder I guess that statistically that would be impossible if it was not intended that way.
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

I see what you mean now.