David Atlee Phillips at LHO's press conference?

JFK Assassination
ChristophMessner

Re: David Atlee Phillips at LHO's press conference?

Post by ChristophMessner »

John Beckham wrote:no proof. ... fantasy. nothing more.... Really? How do you know? We also have to consider the highest probabilities of presences of CIA-related persons on Dealey Plaza according to the actual ranking inside of the CIA in those days. Ted Shackley, William, King Harvey, Howard Hunt, George Joannides, Bob Bennett, ... http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2008 ... plaza.html
Bob

Post by Bob »

ChristophMessner wrote:John Beckham wrote:no proof. ... fantasy. nothing more.... Really? How do you know? We also have to consider the highest probabilities of presences of CIA-related persons on Dealey Plaza according to the actual ranking inside of the CIA in those days. Ted Shackley, William, King Harvey, Howard Hunt, George Joannides, Bob Bennett, ... http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2008 ... a.htmlVERY interesting link Chris!I think we shot down conspiracybuff's...er...John Beckham's...er...lonenutbuff's argument.
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

I smell gunsmoke ... buff, buff ... it did not come from mere motorcycle backfiring!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Taking a cue from Jim DiEugenio, I am attempting to get another source regarding whether or not David Atlee Phillips was at LHO's midnight press conference. One person that covered a LOT of the Oswald stuff at police headquarters was Bob Schieffer, now of CBS News, and of Face the Nation on Sunday. I am attempting to get an answer from Schieffer. Although I don't think Schieffer will be upfront about what he really knows (look who he works for), I'll still keep everyone posted on his answer.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Bob wrote:Taking a cue from Jim DiEugenio, I am attempting to get another source regarding whether or not David Atlee Phillips was at LHO's midnight press conference. One person that covered a LOT of the Oswald stuff at police headquarters was Bob Schieffer, now of CBS News, and of Face the Nation on Sunday. I am attempting to get an answer from Schieffer. Although I don't think Schieffer will be upfront about what he really knows (look who he works for), I'll still keep everyone posted on his answer.I would trust Bob Schieffer more than I would Dan Rather or Chris Mathews any day.
Bob

Post by Bob »

kenmurray wrote:Bob wrote:Taking a cue from Jim DiEugenio, I am attempting to get another source regarding whether or not David Atlee Phillips was at LHO's midnight press conference. One person that covered a LOT of the Oswald stuff at police headquarters was Bob Schieffer, now of CBS News, and of Face the Nation on Sunday. I am attempting to get an answer from Schieffer. Although I don't think Schieffer will be upfront about what he really knows (look who he works for), I'll still keep everyone posted on his answer.I would trust Bob Schieffer more than I would Dan Rather or Chris Mathews any day. I would agree with that Ken, but I'm still waiting from a response from Schieffer though. Plus, I never did hear back from Lois Gibson either, to get her thoughts on the photos. Disappointing.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Bob, Lois Gibson not replying is disappointing for sure. Maybe Scheiffer will surprise us and reply to you. Meanwhile I will look up any of the local newsmen that may still be alive that covered the events that weekend.
Bob

Post by Bob »

kenmurray wrote:Bob, Lois Gibson not replying is disappointing for sure. Maybe Scheiffer will surprise us and reply to you. Meanwhile I will look up any of the local newsmen that may still be alive that covered the events that weekend. I appreciate it Ken. Seth Kantor would have been a great possibility (died in 1993 unfortunately), as I understand from talking to Jack White, that Kantor knew Phillips. Kantor was the reporter that saw Jack Ruby at Parkland Hospital as well.
SeamusCoogan

Post by SeamusCoogan »

Pasquale DiFabrizio wrote:Bob wrote:Here is why I do think it was plausible for Phillips to be at the press conference. First, the patsy (Oswald) was supposed to be killed before he was arrested and interrogated. That did not happen, as Tippit instead was killed. Secondly, there were a couple of other people at Dallas police headquarters that Oswald also knew very well, FBI agent Hosty and Jack Ruby. In fact, Ruby corrected a reporter at the press conference that the photo Chris posted was taken from. So I do think that it was very possible that Phillips was at the press conference and perhaps also in the interrogation room, as was Hosty for a time. To the press, Oswald played along and kept things quiet, but also professed his innocence. But Oswald was also VERY calm, cool and collected. Perhaps the presence of Phillips and Hosty made him feel that things would get straightened out, at least in the interrogation room. Why is it that there is absolutely NO record via notes or recording about that interrogation? Oswald supposedly just shot the President of the United States. I think Phillips was concerned that since Oswald lived, instead of being killed, at least on Friday night, that perhaps Oswald might profess his REAL persona to the press. Again, look at that picture. If that is Phillips, he is listening VERY intently. Bottom line, I still believe that the two men in the photos are the same man. The left eye brow. The shape of the nose. The left ear. The chin. The lower lip. You can actually see both photos at the same time if you scroll down just right. The size of the heads are almost exactly the same in the photos.By the way, I sent the photos to a couple of investigative journalists that have studied the JFK assassination in depth. One was Wayne Madsen. Wayne has already responded. He will study this more closely, but his initial response is that he thinks it IS Phillips at the LHO press conference. Madsen was in the NSA and also in Naval intelligence before he became an investigative journalist and Wayne knows all about Phillips.You know what, Bob?After looking at the other Phillips pictures, I'm thinking that it IS Phillips at the press conference. The ears are the same as is the shape of the nose. Compare the nose of the "Phillips" in the press conference picture with the picture of Phillips at the bottom right. They're the same. Also, look at the ears. They're the same too.The only reason that I can see that the "Phillips" in the press conference picture might look different is that his mouth is CLOSED and in the other pictures of Phillips, his mouth is open like he's talking or laughing or whatever.How VERY interesting!Howdy Bob and Pasquale. Hmmmmm this is most entertaining. After your emails I had a word with Jim, and heres what he said for us all to remember."Please be safe and cautious and check it out with others on the scene in the photo. The last word on this should be, "Remember Shane O'Sullivan."Heres some links to Sean O'Sullivans piece. http://www.ctka.net/shane.htmlhttp://ww ... .htmlThese are pretty sobering reminders of when somethings pushed a little to hard without taking small steps. Theres some interesting pics out there. I think that in terms of dubious activity the umbrella man and the Cuban are extremely fishy and Yup Lansdale and Bush are interesting as well and Im around about 55-60 % on them. But I need to get into the 100% category.I've got some stuff I'll show you guys soon which Im about 50-50 on lol and thats my own stuff. Sorry for being a bit of a Nana on it (Grandma). About the only photo I put any stock in with regard to idenitification is the one with Ferrie and Oswald camping whilst in the CAP. The good thing about the 2nd Link is that its Talbot and Morley examining it who arent to bad and for once its guys that aren't schills. Hence why good honest peer review (like we are engaging now is very important).So good stuff Bob for trying to contact who was in the picture. You'll sniff em out mate. Like I said to you I think with JFK assassination photo's Its very difficult, and I think taking Pasquales initial approach (which I am quoting from) is the best route to take. Look at it this way though it may or may not be Phillips (I'm gonna be totally uncommital) I think Oswald certainly had someone there in the crowd that he could see giving him signals or their being a reassuring presence aka "Okay keep cool". Maybe Ruby (while he was looking to kill him) was that figure? Maybe not. I also think Bob that you may be onto something in examining the members of the press I have no doubt that some of the journos in that midnight press conference were agency as well. I just don't know if its Phillips in that pic. Phillips, if he was one of the king pins running the op would want to be as far away from the cameras as possible and/or in heavy disguise. For sure he admitted he was there in Dallas that day. So maybe an alternate conversation could be started up about where he was during the day? An interesting little piece is that the Postal inspector Harry Holmes a right dirt bag, was watching the assassination with a pair of binoculars and I think it was with someone else (unnamed). If I was a betting man well, I'd say the other set belonged to Phillips. Ian Griggs has some interesting stuff on that and I hope you dont think im dumping on your idea. Like all research your probably going to start here and before you know it you've uncovered something more important than what it was that you started out with.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I posted this before, but although Shane O'Sullivan made some mistakes in his documentary, his overall premise was correct...the CIA participated in the assassination of Robert Kennedy. And David Morales was there, just like he was in Dealey Plaza in Dallas on 11/22/1963. Remember his words..."I was in Dallas when we got the son of a bitch and I was in Los Angeles when we got the little bastard."