Another Zapruder Film Point of Interest

JFK Assassination
schaef

Another Zapruder Film Point of Interest

Post by schaef »

I'm fully aware the Zapruder film can not be considered a truly valid record of the assassination event with its probable manipulation. However, one thing that seems to be overlooked is the reaction of the limo occupants at the sound of the head shot. I know there is the potential of missing or moved frames that mask whether the limo was slowing, but I believe the z-film shows clearly all 4 occupants in front of JFK and Jackie, react visibly to their recognition of the final shot.So clear is their duck and cover reaction that it contrasts with the lack of such on any previous shot in their entire sequence. You could argue that it was because they finally recognized the danger they were all in. However, human muscle response to a gunshot is not a voluntary move. It is an instant reaction. In my opinion, they clearly heard this shot due to its proximity and dB level compared to the other shots - which were much further away.Many witnesses claimed the last shot was the loudest. The short barrel on theXP-100 weapon Files said he used was known to produce significant noise and muzzle blast.IMO, the occupants reaction in the z-film indicates a shot heard at much closer range and increased volume than the other shots to which their was no involuntary reaction (other than those hit) and actually confusion as to what could make those sounds. There was no confusion immediately after that last shot. I think a shot from the grassy knoll area is the only conclusion that can be made from these simultaneous reactions.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Re: Another Zapruder Film Point of Interest

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

schaef wrote:I'm fully aware the Zapruder film can not be considered a truly valid record of the assassination event with its probable manipulation. However, one thing that seems to be overlooked is the reaction of the limo occupants at the sound of the head shot. I know there is the potential of missing or moved frames that mask whether the limo was slowing, but I believe the z-film shows clearly all 4 occupants in front of JFK and Jackie, react visibly to their recognition of the final shot.So clear is their duck and cover reaction that it contrasts with the lack of such on any previous shot in their entire sequence. You could argue that it was because they finally recognized the danger they were all in. However, human muscle response to a gunshot is not a voluntary move. It is an instant reaction. In my opinion, they clearly heard this shot due to its proximity and dB level compared to the other shots - which were much further away.Many witnesses claimed the last shot was the loudest. The short barrel on theXP-100 weapon Files said he used was known to produce significant noise and muzzle blast.IMO, the occupants reaction in the z-film indicates a shot heard at much closer range and increased volume than the other shots to which their was no involuntary reaction (other than those hit) and actually confusion as to what could make those sounds. There was no confusion immediately after that last shot. I think a shot from the grassy knoll area is the only conclusion that can be made from these simultaneous reactions.Very good argument. I'm in agreement with you.
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

schaef, what you say is correct. Let's not forget that all occupants but JFK heard the explosion of his head, too. My guess is, that all had been in a state of alert after the first "firecrackers", more or less realizing already: "Is there somebody shooting at us?", especially after JFK said: "My God! I'm hit!" and with the last 2 headshots they fully realized: "Somebody IS shooting at us!"As far as I know the Zapruder film is not that much altered, so that you wouldn't be able to reckognize, that the first bullet into JFK's back could NOT have hit Connally's chest, because Connally turns around without pain AFTER that, and also you see from Z312 - Z315, that there were 2 headshots, the 1st from behind, which pushed JFK's head forward, the 2nd from grassy knoll some 1/20th of a second later, which cause a rapid u-turn in impulse and pushed JFK's backward. Chris
ChristophMessner

At this index site of McAdamshttp://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo/hscindex.htmFile number 666 "Zapruder film with sound of four shots added" is not downloadable. Why???
Pasquale DiFabrizio

ChristophMessner wrote:At this index site of McAdamshttp://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo/hscindex.htmFile number 666 "Zapruder film with sound of four shots added" is not downloadable. Why???I have a documentary called JFK, The Jim Garrison Tapes. If you listen to the recording of the shots, you can hear at least SIX shots and possibly more. I could only hear six shots, with the last two almost simultaneous and the two or three leading up to it could not have been fired by one rifle. They're too close together. I'm trying to find an audio clip.
ChristophMessner

Hi Pasquale, that would be great, if you would find. I've never found so far. Is the audio example used in the Jim Garrison Tapes the same as the HSCA used? Probable only an original is really valid and only if you listen with hifidelity boxes. Chris
Pasquale DiFabrizio

ChristophMessner wrote:Hi Pasquale, that would be great, if you would find. I've never found so far. Is the audio example used in the Jim Garrison Tapes the same as the HSCA used? Probable only an original is really vaild and only if you listen with hifidelity boxes. ChrisIt's the same audio recording. The HSCA wouldn't allow researchers to test for the additional shots...and, so, they stopped after coming up with the accoustic evidence of a shot from the knoll.The shots are like this...Boom...Boom...Boom-Boom-Boom..Boom/Boom.On one of those documentaries...I think it was the one with Peter Jennings...they played a version of the same audio clip without it being cleaned up...it was ALL STATIC and HISS. WTF?
ChristophMessner

That would be really great, if you would got a best full version audio file! I have sound analysis software with real time fourier transformation available. I mean I have to drive to my former clarinet workshop for that. But my ears can make that fourier, too ... What does it mean, "it is all static and hiss"? By the way, was Zapruder's camera without sound or did they remove the sound later?
Pasquale DiFabrizio

ChristophMessner wrote:That would be really great, if you would got a best full version audio file! I have sound analysis software with real time fourier transformation available. I mean I have to drive to my former clarinet workshop for that. But my ears can make that fourier, too ... What does it mean, "it is all static and hiss"? By the way, was Zapruder's camera without sound or did they remove the sound later?THe Zapruder film had no sound in the original. What I mean by "static and hiss" is that the version they played on that documentary was not cleaned-up at all. You couldn't even hear the shots. The background noise was still in the version they played, and you couldn't even HEAR the shots.It's also interesting that the McAdams site is putting out the FOUR-SHOTS idea. If you listen to the audio recording, you can clearly hear at least SIX shots.
ChristophMessner

Where is that audiotape audible on the internet, Pasquale?