DID JFK HAVE PREMONITION OF DEATH ON NOV.22, 1963

JFK Assassination
Barney

DID JFK HAVE PREMONITION OF DEATH ON NOV.22, 1963

Post by Barney »

Factsl The US Secret Service had recd. over 400 threats on the life of President Kennedy just prior to his murderon November 22, 1963. On the "Southern Strategy Tour" of Southern States, the motorcade was cancelled in Miami,Florida, due to death threats, and a police informant recorded conversation with violent Kennedy hater, JosephMilteer, predicting that JFK's murder " was in the works, with a high power rifle from an office building." Themotorcade in Chicago was also called off prior to the Miami trip, due to warnings of potential trouble ahead forPresidential security, which is a fairly small detail, but able to supplement its force with local authorities and thelocal military. The trips to San Antonio, Houston, and Ft. Worth came off without a hitch, so perhaps SS agentsbecame less concerned and lacksadaisical on duty in Dallas. Kennedy had been forewarned in Washington by highlevel cabinet members and Congressional persons, that he should cancel the Texas trip or at least the rabid peoplefrom the Dallas area along the motorcade route from Love Field, due to threats of violence, and past episodes ofviolence there ie Adali Stevenson and Stanley Marcus, his host mobbed outside the hall hosting the speech.JFK was an avid reader of newspapers and watched tv news programs often. He read the morning newspaper inFt. Worth incld. the full page ad taken out by one Bernard Weissburg, calling Kennedy a communist or at least acommunist sympathizer and should be impeached on grounds of treasonous acts. JFK showed the paper articleto his wife Jackie, and told her, well we're are leaving for " nut country today." He also called a personal friendin Dallas and asked him to buy a personal supply o fhis favorite cigars, the Macanudo brand. Was he seekingsome personal level assurances that everthing in Dallas appeared to be safe???????
Bob

Re: DID JFK HAVE PREMONITION OF DEATH ON NOV.22, 1963

Post by Bob »

Please see this video with James Douglass...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srstQVfVNEMDouglass talks about JFK's thoughts regarding death at about 30:00 of this video
Kit Carp

Post by Kit Carp »

JFK knew what was coming. His favorite poem, which both his wife and young daughter memorized for him, before his death, says it all:"'I have a rendezvous with DeathAt some disputed barricade,When Spring comes back with rustling shadeAnd apple blossoms fill the air-I have a rendezvous with DeathWhen Spring brings back blue days and fair.It may be he shall take my handAnd lead me into his dark land,And close my eyes and quench my breath-It may be I shall pass him still.I have a rendezvous with DeathOn some scarred slope of battered hill,When Spring comes round again this yearAnd the first meadow flowers appear.God knows 'twere better to be deepPillowed in silk and scented down,Where Love throbs out in blissful sleep,Pulse nigh to pulse, and breath to breath,Where hushed awakenings are dear . . .But I've a rendezvous with DeathAt midnight in some flaming town,When Spring trips north again this year;And I to my pledged word am true,I shall not fail that rendezvous.'"
Michael Calder

Post by Michael Calder »

Barney,I recall though I don't remember if it was in print or if I saw the video, JFK making fun of his own murder by laying down in the oval office while several of his friends stepped over him. I'd be interested in seeing this "home movie." I'd like to know how long before Dallas did this occur. www.jfkcia.com
Barney

Post by Barney »

Mike: I believe that Jackie, Bobby, Ethel, Jack, and a few of his Bostonian cronies, play acted this home skit some six months prior to theTexas trip, in some kind of somber theatrical mood about the fate of life, when sickness or an assassin's hand seeks to snuff out one's life before itsbarely begun.I love that poem, and "On Flanders Field Poppies Grow", by a WWI doctor poet, who may in fact been killed on Flanders Field by an enemy sniper, butjust for the moment, cannot think of his name. my first impression was it was written by Joyce Kilmer, but Bing gives the authors name as, Dr. John McCrae. It states this isthe official poem of Arlington National Cemetery in Washington, Dc. Memorial Poem for our sleeping heroes. Arlington contains the honored remains of more Medal of Honor award nominees, Presidents, Attorney General, ChiefJustices, and ordinary soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines, than any other national cemetery..
tom jeffers

Post by tom jeffers »

anyone got a spare 30 grand laying around?http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/j ... mDHRJQn2OO