O.S.S. (Office of Strategic Services:)

JFK Assassination
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

O.S.S., (Office of Strategic Services), The Secret History Of America's First Central Intelligence Agency, 1972, 2005, by Richard Harris Smith.Originally published in 1972 by Berkeley, University of California Press. Later, 2005 by The First Lyons Press, an inprint of The Globe Pequor Press.

Richard Harris Smith began writing this history of the O.S.S. after resigning from the C.I.A. in 1968.

FDR, the Nazi's, Pearl Harbor, World War II, and all related issues. This was the backdrop to the "necessary creation" of a Secret Intelligence Unit for the U.S. Government.

This is footing, and foundation "must read" for the serious Researcher-Investigator-Writer looking to understand the C.I.A., then Viet Nam, then the JFK Assassination, and everything that has flown since then.

This will help answer some questions. But for me, it also helped raise many more. Good sources, good documentation and research.

Responses both Pro, and Con with an Academic Approach are welcomed.

Respectfully,
Bruce Patrick Brychek.
Nick Whalen

Post by Nick Whalen »

I will buy the book today and read it on the plane on the way to Italy. (I leave this Thursday)
Bruce Patrick Brychek

RESPONSE TO NICK WHALEN:

Dear Mr. Nick Whalen,

I have received, and reviewed your email.

I will make copies for Jimmy, and myself.

Nick, Really Great to hear from you. Wim and I missed you in Chicago on
Wim's last trip. Stay in touch. How is school ? Thanks for your reply.

Nick I am keeping my eye open for anything and everything that I can find
on Charles Nicoletti. Also, I have talked to Jimmy about our conversations, and your idea for a project. I'll see what I can do.

Best Always,
Respectfully,
Bruce Patrick Brychek.
Nick Whalen

Post by Nick Whalen »

Thanks for the reply, Bruce. School is going well. I take my last final for the quarter today and then Im on springbreak. I gruduate in June and I am taking a year off to persue my own interests, take the LSAT, apply to law school and travel. Im actually going through Chicago tomorrow, I ll give you a ring if I miss my first connection whiich is a tight one to Frankfurt. Stay in touch and its good to hear from you.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

NICK WHALEN:

Dear Mr. Nick Whalen,

I have received, and reviewed your email.

I will make copies for Jimmy, and myself.

Nick, enjoy your trip. Look forward to seeing you soon.

I had lunch with Jimmy this week. Got his first ever 36 X 24 Original Oil
Painting of JFK, and JFK, Jr. I'll tell you about it. I'm going to make pictures, and prints. When I send Wim one, I'll also include you.

Take care of yourself. Let's talk about the LSAT when you have time.

Best Always,
Respectfully,
Bruce Patrick Brychek.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Dear Mr. Wim Dankbaar, and Fellow JFK Forum Members,

To fully understand the formative years of the CIA, you must read this book.

Next month there is a movie coming out starring Matt Damon about the forming of the CIA.

You might want to read this book before you see that movie.

I would like to hear people's ideas on the book, and the upcoming movie.

Respectfully,
Bruce Patrick Brychek.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

CIA Recent Revelations:

07.01.2007Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:In light of recent CIA revelations, some of you may wish to try to understand the formative background of the OSS, the forerunner to the Central Intelligence Group, which then became the Central Intelligence Agency.Remember, and understand that the true nature and purpose of the CIA IS NOT INTELLIGENCE.As always, I strongly recommend that you first read, research, and study material completely yourself about a Subject Matter, and then formulate your own Opinions and Theories.Any additional analyses, interviews, investigations, readings, research, studies, thoughts, or writings on any aspect of this Subject Matter ?Bear in mind that we are trying to attract and educate a Whole New Generation of JFK Researchers who may not be as well versed as you.Comments ?Respectfully,BB.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Re: O.S.S. (Office of Strategic Services:)

12.10.2009Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:03.21.2006 - I originally Posted this Headline.We often discuss The Military Industrial Complex, The War Profiteers, and The CIA, often without much distinction.To the serious JFK Forum Member who really wants to get an "academic handle" on the CIA, I can not recommend a better starting place.As always, I strongly recommend that you first read, research, and study material completely yourself about a Subject Matter, and then formulate your own Opinions and Theories.Any additional analyses, interviews, investigations, readings, research, studies, thoughts, or writings on any aspect of this Subject Matter ?Bear in mind that we are trying to attract and educate a Whole New Generation of JFK Researchers who may not be as well versed as you.Comments ?Respectfully,BB.
Phil Dragoo

Office of Strange Bedfellows

Post by Phil Dragoo »

BruceEarlier we saw many of the players arising out of this black hole: Helms, Hunt, Angleton, Lansdale.Robert L. Wilcox in his Target: Patton cites Weinstein and Vassiliev's Haunted Wood who used the Venona Decrypts declassified in 1995 to show heavy penetration by NKVD.Anthony Frank insists upon extensive KGB infiltration.One reads the saga of Aldrich Ames with jaw-dropping realization that much may yet be undisclosed.Certainly Porter Goss (CIA veteran and short-term DCI) lost his chief of staff under strange circumstances.John Millis had called DCI John Deutch "the worst DCI for counterintelligence". It will be remembered Deutch compromised 17,000 files, routinely walked out with disks in his pockets, used his unsecured home computer. Millis sucked a shotgun in a bathtub of the Breezeway Motel in Alexandria.A friend posited the death of one of the coauthors of The Venona Secrets (Eric Breindel, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan's intelligence staffer) who died while undergoing liver treatments of a massive hemorrhage (at 42) was on a KGB hit list.On the phone with the late Reed Irvine of Accuracy in Media talking of KAL 007 I asked about Breindel. "Nothing untoward. No, I don't believe so."But then my friend also had believed George H.W. Bush took an SR-71 Blackbird ride to arrange for the Embassy hostages to be held until noon-thirty January 20, 1981.We know Ruth Paine was linked to Angleton, that Angleton had a 201 on Oswald (per John Newman and John Armstrong).And I'll tell you a funny one.John Brennan former head of National Counter Terrorism Center, donated $2,000 to Obama's campaign January 28, 2008. Brennan's The Analysis Corp. unlawfully accessed Obama's passport file. Obama offered his first DCI nomination to Brennan. Brennan was forced to withdraw, but remains a top intelligent advisor to Obama.The scandal cost the life of Lt. Harris. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 ... -shot/Past is prologue.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Re: O.S.S. (Office of Strategic Services:)

12.10.2009Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:Mr. Phil Dragoo - Thank You for your informative Headlines, Posts, Responses, and Replies.While I eventually read everything on the JFK Forum, you, Phil Dragoo, and Randy Bednorz, are two (2) excellent New JFK Murder Solved Forum Members.I often skim contributions when I can during the week, and then on the weekends try to get into things more seriously.I appreciate your methodologies, approach, and style. You are a gifted, intuitive, and veryintelligent writer.As always, I strongly recommend that you first read, research, and study material completely yourself about a Subject Matter, and then formulate your own Opinions and Theories.Any additional analyses, interviews, investigations, readings, research, studies, thoughts, or writings on any aspect of this Subject Matter ?Bear in mind that we are trying to attract and educate a Whole New Generation of JFK Researchers who may not be as well versed as you.Comments ?Respectfully,BB.